new fixture list 2024/25

Latest from Sky.

New season starts with four games across the three EFL leagues on Friday August 9; watch Blackburn vs Derby live on Sky Sports Football, kick-off 8pm.

Blackburn vs Derby and Preston vs Sheffield United will headline the start of a new era on Sky Sports with every game of the opening weekend in the EFL available on the newly-launched Sky Sports+.

How many of my team's matches will be live on Sky?

And every one of the 24 Championship clubs will be live on Sky at least 24 times.

How long in advance will I know about fixture changes?

All live matches selected for broadcast up to the FA Cup third Round in January 2025 will be communicated before the start of the season.

Live league matches in August and September will be released first, by early July.

A pessimist might look at April as a tough month, for a team likely fighting for their lives towards the bottom of the league. Four away games - Swansea, Portsmouth, West Brom & Hull - and the two home games are against teams likely to be in the top 4 in Burney and Luton. 

If we haven't got enough points by then, I think that month could kill us. 

38 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I hate that December. Merry fricking Christmas.

I'd bet one of those will be on TV too, just to make it even more miserable.

They won't need to be moved necessarily, as so long as it is not a Saturday (which they aren't) the rule doesn't appyl.

7 minutes ago, Justa said:

Yep that’s really made me re-evaluate my predictions.

Just staying up will be a massive achievement.

Are we under some sort of transfer embargo then, can't sign any players? Yet again we will have a decent budget to spend - not parachute payments decent, but good enough. Why shouldn't we be up there rather than down there?

6 minutes ago, Justa said:

Yep that’s really made me re-evaluate my predictions.

Just staying up will be a massive achievement.

How can you be so pessimistic when a ball hasn't been kicked yet and no players signed? An achievement certainly but I wouldn't write our chances off to such an extent as describing it as a "massive achievement" just yet.

I think it will be tough and I'll be reasonably relieved if we're not in a relegation dog fight but it's not as if we're playing the Premier League where the step up is so much more.

Have faith and be more B4.