Transfer rumours

33 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

We always have a section of the fanbase at Derby that write players off as soon as they can and refuse to change their opinion even in the face of direct evidence. Strange group but they've always been here.

.......and nearly .always make the most noise 

One of the problems for Bradley is that he was Pail Warne’s intended club captain, but a few comments on this forum suggest that he presented himself to the squad as somewhat of a King Dick, trying to impose his authority on his team mates, and it would seem to have backfired. This might explain the rather bizarre scenario of Paul Warne asking the squad to vote for their choice of club captain. It might also explain Bradley’s poor form from both loss of confidence and from a lack of co-operation from the team.

He did improve in the run in, but not to the “marquee” standard we should have seen, and IIRC was at fault for more than one of those last 6 goals conceded.

6 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

We always have a section of the fanbase at Derby that write players off as soon as they can and refuse to change their opinion even in the face of direct evidence. Strange group but they've always been here.

Aww c'mon I'll wait until at least the first misplaced pass of preseason before I start booing. Which reminds me I must practice my technical advice for any Dutch playmakers we may get: "Get rid ov it"

6 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

It’s odd. They grab a bone and chew and chew and chew. I just don’t understand the lack of objectivity. A performance could be A to E .. but before even watching it they’ve decided E regardless .. and if like Bradley he scores the odd one the it might be a grudging D. 

21 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Aww c'mon I'll wait until at least the first misplaced pass of preseason before I start booing. Which reminds me I must practice my technical advice for any Dutch playmakers we may get: "Get rid ov it"

Could we bring Steve McLaren back to sort any language difficulties with  our new Dutch players? Looks like he is being edged out at Man Utd . But he is the “Joe Biden” of the coaching fraternity.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Wasn’t aware this was the Sonny Bradley Rumours thread hur hur hur

More like the 'make out any posters with a less than positive opinion of Sonny Bradley are irrational and scapegoating him' thread if some recent posts are to go on. 

As others have said, he had some solid games toward the end of the season and had started to justify his signing. Despite the odd OTT comment on match threads I think even his biggest detractors would accept that?

The problem is that as soon as the scapegoating accusation takes hold (for any player), those handing it out go to the other extreme and totally exaggerate his impact and the standard of those performances.

He was decent/good but still made some errors you'd hope a player of his experience wouldn't make - people bemoaning them during games were quickly rounded on and his responsibility diminished.

His season was essentially a microcosm of Keogh's (pre-joiners!) Derby career.

Personally I wouldn't even say that his performances changed much over the course of the season, just that we started off leaving him massively exposed with some poor tactical choices and the lack of a balanced midfield whereas toward the end of the season this wasn't a problem as we had Adams.

The idea that he was a rock at the heart of defence and vital to promotion, proved the doubters wrong etc? Perhaps if he hadn't got himself stupidly sent off and banned for 3 of our (potentially) most difficult games of the season in Portsmouth, Blackpool & Wycombe (where theoretically we most needed his aerial strengths) you could start to make a case for that, but I'd count the above as somewhat of a disqualifying factor.

Anyway whatever, he does still have something to add and as pointed out, what the F has any of this got to do with this thread? 🤣

Edited by May Contain Nuts

STOP arguing about how good Bradley is and how underwhelmed you are with our business on this thread.

This the the RUMOURS thread. 

If you have a rumour no matter how tenuous share it so we can get excited about things that might never materialise. 

Sick of logging on, seeing another 2 pages added to this for it to be bickering about Bradley instead of some transfer gossip. 

On 07/07/2024 at 22:37, May Contain Nuts said:

Rock my arse.

He came back into the team with 3 games remaining and we didn't concede a single goal.

51 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

STOP arguing about how good Bradley is and how underwhelmed you are with our business on this thread.

This the the RUMOURS thread. 

If you have a rumour no matter how tenuous share it so we can get excited about things that might never materialise. 

Sick of logging on, seeing another 2 pages added to this for it to be bickering about Bradley instead of some transfer gossip. 

Yes please move the Sonny Bradley debate to the Sonny Bradley page. 

10 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Could we bring Steve McLaren back to sort any language difficulties with  our new Dutch players? Looks like he is being edged out at Man Utd . But he is the “Joe Biden” of the coaching fraternity.

Thought that was Roy Hodgson?

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

I took a peep at this thread and gave a couple of likes then I saw I was on Page 1. Hope no one minds if I skip to Page 91 🤔😉

In summary;

- We’ve been linked with 3 keepers, Marek Rodak (mentioned by @Big Trav as having been shown around the ground along with for West Ham striker Divin Mubama who looks to be joining Trabzonspor), Daniel Iversen and Mathew Ryan with momentum picking up (mainly from sources in the Netherlands) over the last few days that Ryan is joining us on a free.

- Ben Osborn was rumoured, then joined (mentioned by another new-ish ITK in @Round the Houses

- who also said Kayden Jackson was shown around Moor Farm, then he joined. And he/she/they mentioned Harry Souttar and Nigel Longwijk as having been to the training ground also.

- @SECornerRAM mentioned we were interested in Icelandic international Stefán Teitur Thórdarson which was excitingly teased by Danish media this weekend and then quickly ruined by Preston being named as his destination…all of which backs up what was initially said about a club in the north west pipping us to him.

- a number of the supposed “reliable” and more random transfer pages on social media have linked us to several names like Josh Murphy, Herbie Kane, Karamoko Dembele, Josh Windass, Scott McKenna and many others. Some of whom have re-signed with their existing clubs or moved on to join new sides not named Derby County, while others remain free agents so may be on the club’s radar.

- Goudmijn was mentioned via some Dutch Twitter posts that now look to have been on the money.

- most of the rumours suggested Sibley was off, with Rotherham mentioned as a likely destination but he’s since rocked up at what some may say are far more pleasant surroundings in Oxford.

- Collins was going then he wasn’t, Brum and Cardiff mentioned as possible destinations but he’s here for another year.

- rumours are that some people don’t rate Sonny Bradley at all and some others do or at least can see his uses.

- rumours are that some people don’t like ITK posters and some don’t mind it. 

- pretty accurate rumours that I really should spend more time working than I do procrastinating by reading and posting on here. 

I might have missed some. For me the summer rumours are always a bit of fun with some then developing into exciting and/or pragmatic signings, hopefully we get some more in the coming days and weeks.