New investment

Some debate on the David Clowes thread in relation to a new investor coming in to provide extra funding for consolidation in The Championship next season and then hopefully pushing on towards the playoffs the following season.

Talk of a partner joining David Clowes next season to provide extra financial backing. Don’t know anything further or who ?  @Reggie Greenwood

Clowes developments have just teamed up with Wavensmere Homes to develop Friar Gate Goods Yard (£75 million) and Wavensmere are developing the old DRI site (£175 million) so they are heavily invested in Derby. Could be putting two and two together to get five but I'd guess it's more likely than Gadsby. @NOTSA74

A couple of quotes from posters above may have some substance to them. Personally think Peter Gadsby could be a possibility and Steve Morgan and the Bloor family have been suggested, along with Mike Ashley and a Molly Merris who I’ve never heard of 👀

Any ITK information or educated guesses appreciated.

38 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Some debate on the David Clowes thread in relation to a new investor coming in to provide extra funding for consolidation in The Championship next season and then hopefully pushing on towards the playoffs the following season.

Talk of a partner joining David Clowes next season to provide extra financial backing. Don’t know anything further or who ?  @Reggie Greenwood

Clowes developments have just teamed up with Wavensmere Homes to develop Friar Gate Goods Yard (£75 million) and Wavensmere are developing the old DRI site (£175 million) so they are heavily invested in Derby. Could be putting two and two together to get five but I'd guess it's more likely than Gadsby. @NOTSA74

A couple of quotes from posters above may have some substance to them. Personally think Peter Gadsby could be a possibility and Steve Morgan and the Bloor family have been suggested, along with Mike Ashley and a Molly Merris who I’ve never heard of 👀

Nothing I can put in here without potentially putting my mate in the 💩

57 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I don't think Wavensmere will be getting involved - they are an entirely different property developer and based in the West Mids. I'd be very surprised to see them making a substantial investment.

Tbh, I'd rather see them deliver their plans for Friar Gate Goods Yard which were approved last week!

Ditto on Wavensmere - I’d have thought no chance. You might get individuals who have made a fortune out of property, such as Gadsby, deciding to spend their own money on football but very little chance a developer themselves would invest; not part of their business model and only likely to lose money. Developers only exist to make money so why would they bother?

Clowes is obviously an exception to the rule. But the circumstances very different (still not sure how board of ‘Clowes Developments’ were persuaded to drop a load of cash on DCFC… assume must either all be fans, it’s all David’s money, there are reasons for doing it all in their name and/or he has total control… or I’m completely wrong and it is just DC anyway and not CD at all).

Nevertheless, quite a lot of wealthy individuals around who made a wad from property so you never know. 

As the rules forbid massive spending sprees anymore, then guess the main benefit of an investor could be taking some pressure off DC in terms of covering debt. Sure it would help spending a bit, but I do worry how long Mr Clowes (or Clowes Developments) can (or will) fund the losses we’ll probably accrue.  

The future of DCFC looks very secure and I don’t think there will be any big gambles . Clowes Developments is our landlord at £1 million a year which seems fair on a £25 m investment. David’s brother is Managing Director - I don’t know if he is a Rams fan . Paul Warne made a profit for Rotherham when taking them down . That can’t be allowed , but massive losses won’t either .

40 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Ditto on Wavensmere - I’d have thought no chance. You might get individuals who have made a fortune out of property, such as Gadsby, deciding to spend their own money on football but very little chance a developer themselves would invest; not part of their business model and only likely to lose money. Developers only exist to make money so why would they bother?

Clowes is obviously an exception to the rule. But the circumstances very different (still not sure how board of ‘Clowes Developments’ were persuaded to drop a load of cash on DCFC… assume must either all be fans, it’s all David’s money, there are reasons for doing it all in their name and/or he has total control… or I’m completely wrong and it is just DC anyway and not CD at all).

Nevertheless, quite a lot of wealthy individuals around who made a wad from property so you never know. 

As the rules forbid massive spending sprees anymore, then guess the main benefit of an investor could be taking some pressure off DC in terms of covering debt. Sure it would help spending a bit, but I do worry how long Mr Clowes (or Clowes Developments) can (or will) fund the losses we’ll probably accrue.  

Clowes Developments are owned 100% by the Clowes Trust (2014).  It depends on the type of Trust (my assumption would be a bloodline discretionary trust) about voting rights.  I do not know whether DC has siblings (I know he has children), but he likely has total control (i.e. 50%+ 1 share) of the firm via the Trust (there are 5,510 shares in the Clowes Developments Ltd, to which the Clowes Trust 2014 owns all of them).

Below is the very long link to the related page outlining ownership structure via Companies House.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/jA956asbmI8lFL9FTyAtuM73zW3Bw51NsN60X1HrmcM/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3NXFXCCTZ%2F20240429%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20240429T164903Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjELz%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJHMEUCIQCU9jUT7JZ1TCpWcdiaC%2FdiypHOEkiqnSpQe3wNmzkwyQIgedNzRQo2vaD3cG5lYgaqHhDk48uO4VS1s7JNmw06iycquwUIFRAFGgw0NDkyMjkwMzI4MjIiDGsdtbtESQlesdFP7CqYBamk6RvrQOLCRfaWsohOhJAjo05jIHR3cgexAnvX155vn5PHFFeWPTlMCm%2FHhv6zwcsR4iaAWIRmRlDB6Bg8TTCxpnbNwAfrRVmTJhblfeepATMcAf7SqYp4WfVFGOOAsAoaF%2Fcuqnjihwa8iS%2FiEfyatI7uMAfW%2F%2FgKI3Mwa38YWmQYeHRn1VXIGibMdIGIyWl%2ByF4dCIeCoVfJKLYZTJpF1LspEi6Wp30qee%2FNnUwwvuXosmmbtdE382UNtvwAismHDPBReNLXpvzdXjtoVcRhx%2FT1x66EN4XGJ%2F6tRTg%2Bn5%2BGeVfak5a8Wkm8Sehc95aiRTLjSNMuSpTQbUUmUZE9QUCE6AR68Zgje%2FMd%2BzU8r%2B9m7HdvBobMQ20Ouh5A0nYaaXV%2FQ1g4DTq7OQ1BAljXyBJ6qMIFsFBCmZmOR3Zy%2BUXeqgGc3u4D18OHCTGA1NdyofO0eTCIgo7Z0l2wX9j7JVEwVq2B2MYAliUfUphORKlP1eqXkqqSpjZNsTSULbzBF%2FZoyOlYF74gQFtNGNbkdfdTsG7Jhus6w%2BQOnCj%2BYybVEuE77uWMN5t3%2FPZ9%2Bjv1cXn6OYdbmocjuPTpxwCRufpTgixgKmczGvE6E0mH4tyWhMTavjsX%2BO3o7AkUbBVLo%2B2uGA839Fzs%2BeMq9aj%2F8NvKAZ0o7gJDaN6yjwzQhw%2Fb7u2MlNNjAhiQbiTsKAq%2FqzmY6ayOavG53qMBtkVnY0ztul9UjhHt8o95lhQCt%2F8LsDgLtZ7257GxpIhv0O3%2FELbVEpadeketU5Nmn4dsPLg9a5ptMHzl%2F%2BNxvn8CqqoegxwtzJW0wWKxwNmJTikRmQsXlVR7QKL6V8nx9B9l%2BJHVwPBZ4P49P3jJdN4FmhV%2Bt5GcpcgwiZu%2BsQY6sQGFB2G0QMxbXdMrMutL8daPQQ2B3h1gXGKy5Lde5oOnb%2F6kUKYuWbmfuNQitgtd7jKXZpnI0TDpsz2A55uMDf7PV1rMfeK0JYjvCxgsODLYhERQ3L9nmKgLdi5ym5SRZ%2BxSnMUPeePAeIjT7bORpz75fg21GMvNwm6SP9AnN00xhNS%2B4gkIcNf%2BpdHnrZijNEbgEFhlSqn5BZCwsXtk01trxr0Oj1G4h2cpYWjV7y046BY%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D"companies_house_document.pdf"&X-Amz-Signature=a1d4aca32c5543f45b4278c1906a329e136cc1d591ba5513c006784583c9ed34

Edited by CBX1985

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Peter Gadsby probably a bit old for this kind of hassle now? Must be in his high 70’s?

Probably not the kind of guy to be mates with rival property developer either.

Well he went to school with my dad so he’s at least early 70s

5 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

He knows what we need - deep pockets who have intent in the football business. So Wavensmere seems v unlikely.

Perhaps he might JV the club (not the stadium) with an investor - giving the investor the right to buy the entire club. He might keep the stadium. But who knows. And no idea who the investor may be. 

Imo it would be very positive if a Co-owner came in, not least because DC would only do it if it made sense for the club and because DC hasn’t got the fire power to take us further forward 

CD certainly does have the firepower to own and run the club. They may not make a big song and dance ( like DC!) but take a read of their most recent annual report. Impressive well run business, no dividends paid to shareholders either. Everything reinvested. Their property portfolio they are taking income from is massive.

Cant imagine any other owner now but DC may look for investors if he wants to spread the load. Would trust his judgement on what/who is needed and at what pace and hope fans do to and are patient especially based on how this season turned out.

Andy Appleby & co reappeared during admin and similar to DC seemed to be there a little because of sentiment. Wonder if they became acquainted with DC somehow during admin and could invest?
Were other rumours earlier in the season about potential US investors at a match I think?

Finally chat now and then online of a Dutch consortium involving Cocu wanting to buy or invest in an english efl club. As long as Cocu not out for revenge 😂

Anyway I trust and back David Clowes whatever he wants to do. interesting times ahead

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Cant imagine any other owner now but DC may look for investors if he wants to spread the load. Would trust his judgement on what/who is needed and at what pace and hope fans do to and are patient especially based on how this season turned out.

Andy Appleby & co reappeared during admin and similar to DC seemed to be there a little because of sentiment. Wonder if they became acquainted with DC somehow during admin and could invest?
Were other rumours earlier in the season about potential US investors at a match I think?

Finally chat now and then online of a Dutch consortium involving Cocu wanting to buy or invest in an english efl club. As long as Cocu not out for revenge 😂

Anyway I trust and back David Clowes whatever he wants to do. interesting times ahead

US investors 😱😲😟😰😳