New investment

LoG #2?

Can't see it.

Random yank/arab/Chinese billionaire?

Can't see it.

Local based consortium?

Can't see it.

If it happens I reckon it'll be a UK based businessman with a track record of decency and solid business practice. Morgan for instance rather than an Ashley.

The Prem want to change the rules again . The season after next - teams will be limited to spending £500 million per season. Why the limit ? Because they are afraid American Hedge Funds will buy up Prem teams and pump £Billions in - and upset the top 6 monopoly . Parachute payments as we know help teams like Leicester and Burnley to bounce straight back up . The whole system needs a overhaul asap. 

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The Prem want to change the rules again . The season after next - teams will be limited to spending £500 million per season. Why the limit ? Because they are afraid American Hedge Funds will buy up Prem teams and pump £Billions in - and upset the top 6 monopoly . Parachute payments as we know help teams like Leicester and Burnley to bounce straight back up . The whole system needs a overhaul asap. 

It could be so simple too. Any team declaring a trading loss (Cash flow in v cash flow out - No fancy accounting) has an immediate substantial points deduction, applied at the time, AND again at the start of the next season. Then a salary cap, removal of all parachute payments, and relegation clause in all contracts reducing wages down to championship/league one levels. Simple.

46 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

How many make a profit? Football has always been somewhere to spend too much money. Maybe let them spend what they like but somehow make 'the Club' secure from going under as an entity?

Clowes Developments makes in the region of £20m profit a year looking at their accounts. It’s an extremely well run business.

That company is pumping £5m a season roughly so far into the club to break it even. They have the money to do this whilst we operate on that structure. The Championship increases our revenues by circa £10m but so also brings a huge increases in costs. 

DC (through his company) buying the club is 100% a sentiment thing to stop us going under. There is no way in any business sense he buys us as a business to make money. I honestly don’t think people truly understand just how much he has saved us.

My curiosity is that when you ‘look for an investor’ - what does that look like? Clowes Developments sells 49% stake in DCFC (not the stadium) for X amount to an investor and in return the investor agrees to invest an additional sum of money into the club, possibly spread over a certain time frame?

Again, I don’t see anyone doing this to make money - more they see DC as someone they can work with and trust. My issue with joint ownership models is how well they work out when conflict occurs.

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

...My curiosity is that when you ‘look for an investor’ - what does that look like? Clowes Developments sells 49% stake in DCFC (not the stadium) for X amount to an investor and in return the investor agrees to invest an additional sum of money into the club, possibly spread over a certain time frame?

Again, I don’t see anyone doing this to make money - more they see DC as someone they can work with and trust. My issue with joint ownership models is how well they work out when conflict occurs.

But is it realistic to get good financial input for just the Club? Shouldn't the Club and stadium be together?

21 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Andy Appleby & co reappeared during admin and similar to DC seemed to be there a little because of sentiment. Wonder if they became acquainted with DC somehow during admin and could invest?
Were other rumours earlier in the season about potential US investors at a match I think?

I’d take Appleby involvement back in a heartbeat. Thought they were a good thing for us the first time and like what he had to say in the interview during admin. Plus he is in the business of finding serious sports investment now and has the contacts and skills to do something great. That being said, I think this should only be in partnership with Clowes, who I believe has a solid vision of how he can grow the club sensibly. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But is it realistic to get good financial input for just the Club? Shouldn't the Club and stadium be together?

I don’t think it’s a bad thing for Clowes Dev’ to be our landlord . They have the expertise to maintain and improve PP. Imagine if the city council had bought PP , like councilers said when they were after votes . As for DCFC , I don’t think we will ever get an owner as genuine as D.C ever again .

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’d take Appleby involvement back in a heartbeat. Thought they were a good thing for us the first time and like what he had to say in the interview during admin. Plus he is in the business of finding serious sports investment now and has the contacts and skills to do something great. That being said, I think this should only be in partnership with Clowes, who I believe has a solid vision of how he can grow the club sensibly. 

Agree with all that. Came across as a decent bloke and through glick tried to do a lot to improve the matchday experience too. And, like Clowes, came across as sensible spenders too.

I strongly suspect DC will be aiming to run the club as close to break even as possible. The extra turnover will cover the existing annual loss as long as they don't go mad with squad size etc.

If an additional investor comes along I'd wonder if that will be selling more new shares, or buying out some of CD's shareholding, plus buying some new shares.

Ipswich did this recently, a USA based hedge fund bought something like £100 million of new shares, leaving them somewhat cash rich. Good if they get promoted!

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Think AA and backers are still about in the background. 

The club is certainly in a lot better state now for someone to invest in than it was, but like several posters above, you'd have to wonder why anyone would invest without gaining control of the club - there's potential, but who'd put in millions without a significant say over how they're spent?

I have absolute faith in DC to run the club at a level of losses he can cover until someone take it on, and not be in a position to take bad offers off bad actors out of despiration, but I do think he'll want to move the club on when someone suitable can take it on.

I suspect buying or investors will see how we fair in the championship after going up first. Gut feeling clowes will see a season out in the championship and if we survive then people will start to look at Derby as an investment/buying opportunity 

still think Mike Ashley will end up buying Derby at some point. Could have easily brought other clubs and with his business being close maybe makes sense as to why he wants Derby and a chance to keep his Newcastle scarves to save his money 

Edited by Barney1991

This Rams Daily podcast was really interesting, especially the 2nd half in which they discussed finances;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hv0gmg

To summarise this season Derby had a wage bill of around £17m.  The Championship average wage will is around £30m - so £13m more than we're currently paying.  Next season our income will increase by approx £7-8m compared to what we have been getting in Lg1.  So already thats a shortfall of £5m not including include any transfer fees etc.

Given that a wage budget is typically a good indicator of league position and Derby under DC will be run sustainably, any outside investment is going to be crucial if we hope to cement our position in the Championship nevermind push on towards the play-off positions.

We've got a lot of work to do this summer, with little room for error.