Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

12 hours ago, McMuffin said:

Midfield has been better without him. Why change a winning formula for one that has proved time and time again inconsistent and risk it now? Don’t get it 

I am sure Bird and the others , who are leaving will be a bit teary eyed at the end of the game . But come Monday - they will be photographed in their new club shirts saying their move was a “No Brainer “. I still don’t get what Bristol City have over us .

Is it Saturday yet? 

Slowest week ever!! I'm not sure I can take the suspense...

Nervous about how little Peterborough will care about their fixture at Bolton now. If we choke there's every chance Bolton will turn it on and we could be staring down the barrel. 

Argggggggg who would be a Derby fan?!

I need to be more B4 

7 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

Is it Saturday yet? 

Slowest week ever!! I'm not sure I can take the suspense...

Nervous about how little Peterborough will care about their fixture at Bolton now. If we choke there's every chance Bolton will turn it on and we could be staring down the barrel. 

Argggggggg who would be a Derby fan?!

I need to be more B4 

I’m also worried about Sunday.

No more anxiety. No more obsessing over line ups, tactics, homoerotic song lyrics and flags. 

I might have to face real life 😊

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

No more anxiety. No more obsessing over line ups, tactics, homoerotic song lyrics and flags. 

Think how much we might actually get done. Country will climb out of recession in no time...

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I am sure Bird and the others , who are leaving will be a bit teary eyed at the end of the game . But come Monday - they will be photographed in their new club shirts saying their move was a “No Brainer “. I still don’t get what Bristol City have over us .

The promise of someone being played in their best position?

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

At the time of the signing - a much greater chance of Championship football next season.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

No, you’ll have plenty of arguing on here to keep you occupied during the summer

After 45 games it all comes down to this. Us or Bolton? The Rams the red hot favourites, with the best defence in the division playing the team bottom and long-since relegated. And needing only a draw. You can see why the bookies have us 1000/1 on but as a Derby fan I'm still nervous and feel it's going to be a long week.

Thrilled to be there. Will be thinking of Daniel who I never met, but who I exchanged posts with on this forum, and whose calls to arms I always loved. Will be remembering being at the BBG 49 years earlier to see the Rams lift the First Division title against Carlisle. Am with some of the same friends who came to the Derby Crystal Palace game with me, and we recreated Robbie van der Laan's header with on the pitch afterwards. Will be remembering the time Stephen Pearson scored his goal to send us into delirium at Wembley.

Will be thanking David Clowes for saving our club when all seemed lost. Darkest before the dawn. He deserves a fantastic day in which, yet again, and for only the third time in our history, Derby lift themselves out of the third tier after a two-season stint. But we have to do it first. Let's hope the players keep their eyes on the prize, backed all the way by long-suffering fans who do deserve some joy after the last few years.

Come on you Rams!