DCFC Supporters Awards Night

1 hour ago, B4’s Sister said:

My dad came close to tearing up a few times but it didn’t feel sad. It was very much a celebration. I have my moments but I’m very much a glass half full person. I was joking about what Daniel would have been saying to all the players. Our table was laughing about Nick Blackman turning up in the pink kit with Dan’s award 😂 It was a lovely night. 

Dan would want to know if Silbey was staying?

3 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

What a brilliant night! Dan (B4) and Angie Vallance received the Alfreton supporters award.  I almost missed it as I was in the loo 😂 the glass award is lovely and will have pride of place in my parents house. The players looked visibly touched when it was announced Dan and Angie were being awarded posthumously. It was lovely to see so over 200 people there to celebrate DCFC and those who love the club. I had no idea what to expect but it was amazing. Lovely food and company. I had no idea the players and David Clowes would be there, so that was a lovely surprise. 

How absolutely lovely.

I was fortunate enough to be named 'Supporter of the Year' back in 1978 when David Langan won 'Player of the Year'. It's still a great memory.

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

Dan would want to know if Silbey was staying?

I had a chat with Sibs. He hasn't given up hope of playing further forward but says he's enjoying wingback and wants to play in the Championship for us. 

I'd say of all the players I spoke to, he's the one who wants to win promotion because he's a Ram through and through. 🐏 

David Clowes possibly an even bigger Ram, though. Spoke with real passion about competing at the top of the Championship. He has real ambition for the Club (as you've heard from elsewhere.)

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I had a chat with Sibs. He hasn't given up hope of playing further forward but says he's enjoying wingback and wants to play in the Championship for us. 

I'd say of all the players I spoke to, he's the one who wants to win promotion the most because he's a Ram through and through. 🐏 

David Clowes possibly an even bigger Ram, though. Spoke with real passion about competing at the top of the Championship. He has real ambition for the Club (as you've heard from elsewhere.)

Hopefully the two words I've inserted in your post are what you really meant? ☺️

Thanks for the info though - it all sounds very positive 👍🏻

Just now, Crewton said:

Hopefully the two words I've inserted in your post are what you really meant? ☺️

Thanks for the info though - it all sounds very positive 👍🏻

Sorry, I missed the subtlety of what you're getting at? The emphasis was on him being a Derby supporter.

I'm sure all the players want to win promotion, but they've not all grown up as Rams fans. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Sorry, I missed the subtlety of what you're getting at? The emphasis was on him being a Derby supporter.

I'm sure all the players want to win promotion, but they've not all grown up as Rams fans. 

Sorry, your post said "of all the players I spoke to, he's the one who wants to win promotion" which made it sound like (to me) none of the other players you spoke to wanted to win promotion! 

I'll go back to bed, I'm obviously still wired from last night! 😅

51 minutes ago, Srg said:

I have a friend who was there last night, said he spoke to Fozzy who said "Don't worry, you've got me for another year yet". So, sounds like he's had an extension.

Can confirm, he told us it's basically done!