DCFC Supporters Awards Night

What a brilliant night! Dan (B4) and Angie Vallance received the Alfreton supporters award.  I almost missed it as I was in the loo 😂 the glass award is lovely and will have pride of place in my parents house. The players looked visibly touched when it was announced Dan and Angie were being awarded posthumously. It was lovely to see so over 200 people there to celebrate DCFC and those who love the club. I had no idea what to expect but it was amazing. Lovely food and company. I had no idea the players and David Clowes would be there, so that was a lovely surprise. 

Straight from the horses/footballers mouths:

Wildsmith was asked about rumours of him leaving Derby. He has not yet been offered a new contract. 
Ebou and his missus are absolutely loving everything about Derby. He said there are several things that need to fall into place about signing but seemed positive. He is the loveliest down to earth person. Didn’t stop smiling all night. If we need to forcefully restrain him to keep him here count me in! He doesn’t mind the Ebou chant sounding like booing. 

Dwight Gayle is recovering well and hoping to be back next week.

Max Bird still very much focused on the next too games, despite moving on. 

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing smells very nice

1 minute ago, B4’s Sister said:

Wildsmith was asked about rumours of him leaving Derby. He has not yet been offered a new contract. 
Ebou and his missus are absolutely loving everything about Derby. He said there are several things that need to fall into place about signing but seemed positive. He is the loveliest down to earth person. Didn’t stop smiling all night. If we need to forcefully restrain him to keep him here count me in! He doesn’t mind the Ebou chant sounding like booing. 

I really need people to stop saying so many nice things about Ebou. It's going to break my heart if he doesn't end up signing for us 🤣

4 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

That last one is the info I needed. 

8 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

Did Max say he'll be fit for the last 2 games?

16 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

Nothing surprising there especially your last comment 😍 Glad you enjoyed it so much albeit I am sure it was also a sad evening for you all

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Nothing surprising there especially your last comment 😍 Glad you enjoyed it so much albeit I am sure it was also a sad evening for you all

My dad came close to tearing up a few times but it didn’t feel sad. It was very much a celebration. I have my moments but I’m very much a glass half full person. I was joking about what Daniel would have been saying to all the players. Our table was laughing about Nick Blackman turning up in the pink kit with Dan’s award 😂 It was a lovely night.