Match Thread: Cambridge United (a)

1 minute ago, Loughborough Ram said:

We haven't won this many away from home when we've played at this level previously, so it's important not to underplayed it as an achievement just because some people have an opinion about the manager or the style of play

Yeah it's a great achievement. Fair play to him and the players.

I really fail to see why any true Rams fan would go to the game next week knowing the sheer torture of losing and Bolton winning and being present for the bleakest day in our history (apart from all the other bleak days that were bleaker).

Let me carry your burden by taking your ticket off you.

All about the result so well done on getting it even if some of them didn’t look like they had any composure at all 

ours to balls it up now which we shouldn’t 

our football still looks dreadful in this dreadful league - can’t wait for the conversation on how we improve if and when we achieve promotion 

6 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Just need Peterborough to beat Cheltenham in their next game so they have something to play for and to keep Burton up.

That’s what I was thinking. We don’t want them to roll over against Bolton (like Barnsley did against them last season) just in case we do the unthinkable next weekend.

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

One point needed vs worst team in the league with a Derby legend as manager. And even if we lose, still will probably finish 2nd on goal difference. Basically in the bag. Nothing can wrong.

Right?

Must admit, I was dreading it all getting settled today.
Next week's game would have been such an anti-climax!  Who wants to get promoted early?  Ooh no, thank you very much.

Now we have something to look forward to.  We have hope, expectation, excitement, anticipation, and lots and lots of laundry! 👀

I've ordered some beta-blockers, and checked out where the nearest heart-zapping machine is (To PPS).

I'm buzzing.  What a week to be al

11 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

I think we need posh to get a win  by enough goals  in midweek to keep their hopes of autos alive going into the bolton game ?

Don’t want them to rest players or take it easy v Bolton

Almost impossible to catch us,  with a game in midweek and another on Sat... quickly followed by the play offs.

I'm thinking they will rest players regardless. 

An early goal for Bolton, and Derby looking toothless....every Carlisle attack is going to be stressful.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

every Carlisle attack is going to be stressful.

Both of them

They have averaged less than one goal per game this season, and we've conceded the fewest goals in the league (even less than Pompey)

Not to be complacent, as stranger things have happened, but as long as we stay focussed at the back we will be fine

The Warne-iest of Warne performances today.

The better team first half and a great breakaway goal.

2nd half we turned over possession constantly, Wildsmith at crosses and his kicking both poor again today.

Lots of bodies blocking shots, lots of effort but little quality. Back 3 looked immense and we just about did enough.

No way are we losing by more than 1 next week regardless, so Bolton will be on the front foot. 

Think we could take a point with minimal effort- so will be interesting how he goes... probably same again.

17 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I really fail to see why any true Rams fan would go to the game next week knowing the sheer torture of losing and Bolton winning and being present for the bleakest day in our history (apart from all the other bleak days that were bleaker).

Let me carry your burden by taking your ticket off you.

I can take their tickets off their hands!