Match Thread: vs Portsmouth (a)

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Yes because posting it in the matchday thread just as we secure a crucial point isn't obvious wumming at all. 

I'm serious. 

Where else should I post? There are enough spam threads about.

My opinion on Warne isn’t even that drastic. I’ve seen far worse on here.

I apologise for having higher expectations and wanting to play a better brand of football.

When you look at Plymouth and Sheff Wed struggling up there, it doesn’t bode well playing like this at League One level.

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Think Warnes had a stinker there and 2 points dropped. They didn't look like doing anything that second half. Their LB picked up an early yellow, should've pulled Collins for Wash and him and NML go at them down that wing. Sat back, left Collo on too long and inevitably they score

I want to call you a wum, but rather than something that ends up as a trade in insults ….in what sporting statistical or  scientific  language does the second team in a league, playing away at the top team in the league get a draw and you say the manager of the away team has had a “stinker” ?
You need a dictionary and some life experience. But perhaps you don’t have opposable thumbs and can’t turn the pages ? Apologies if this is the case 

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

9 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Guess next q is do we want Pompey win against Bolton or are we still in title race?

Portsmouth only need to win 3 out of their 5 to secure the title, so it would be unlikely for us to clinch top spot, even if they do lose to Bolton.

However, the do have 3 tough games still to play Bolton (away), Barnsley, and Lincoln (away, last day) to play so we could still sneak in on the last day...

I think I'd rather be 7 clear of 3rd with 3 games remaining to be honest.

3 minutes ago, ck- said:

So the manager has a stinker because the opposition didn’t look like doing anything? I wonder if that might be anything to do with how he set the team up. Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it isn’t a good setup. 

I'm not a Warne basher at all but imo he's had a stinker, Collins shouldn't of been on the pitch still being on a yellow and you're asking for trouble sitting back. We looked really good going forward in the first half best I've seen us in a long time so it's frustrating we didn't continue to go at them in the second.

10 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Shame we sat back so much. I have a feeling I’ve heard that before, somewhere. But in the end it took an offside goal and a handball goal to peg us back.

It was a pretty good match, especially given the conditions! And unless we “Northampton” our remaining matches, we are as good as promoted.

That’s a tad over confident Davey Boy 😊

I think VAR is rubbish and ruins football. Obviously would have benefited us, but I don't want to see extremely marginal offsides goals, or accidental handballs in buildup, ruling goals out. Glad no VAR below Prem.  All those pathetic handball penalties too!

VAR was not brought in for these type of decisions, but it's mostly used for them. It was so good in that first World Cup.

Just now, S8TY said:

Adams nicks the ball for our opener and is such an important player for us and mention to CBT who was a threat all game and obviously Ward was great two great strikes 

CBTs best performance so far - if he and Nelson connected with their 2 air kicks we could have been out of sight. 

Throw everything into winning the next 2 and see where we are at. 

10 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Few exciting options off bench compared to what they had so happy with that. Too emotionally invested but someone at work just messaged to say how much they enjoyed it especially compared to top of EPL this weekend!

Mate of mine is a Hull City fan, meaning he watched it as a neutral and was complimentary about both sides.