Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

1 minute ago, alram said:

bradley is a really dislikable footballer, reminds me of t. lawrence just seems to have about 3 brain cells and that's being kind

Couldnt agree more.. hes just one of them … brain dead 

Bradley really is a weak link in this team. It isn’t just the dodgy moments he has, his touch and passing are so poor. When he’s receiving the ball across the back line the control is so poor and then his next pass is hardly ever on point. This puts the next man under pressure and invites the press from the opposition. If Nyambe and Fozzy are unavailable we need to play a back four. 

The chasing pack still have to get the points to close the gap and this time of the season always seems to be silly season, plenty of ups and downs for all the teams I feel.

Edited by Orphanram

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We haven't bottled anything. Our points per game is still better than 22 other sides in our league, the three sides behind us all have to win their games in hand to get to within 1 result of us.

We can probably forget about Portsmouth now, but I don't really care whether we finish 1st or 2nd.

It's a massive missed opportunity, but it's still in our hands. The constant negativity gets really tiresome sometimes.

We’ve just handed momentum back to our rivals though. Awful. 

7 points ahead vs 1 point ahead (they’ll add on the 3 points for a game in hand when looking at the league) is such a blow for us psychologically. 

Just now, S8TY said:

He whipped in two terrific crosses …end of …no one got on the end of them …that’s it ..you’re talking nonsense 

You're ignoring the one's he wasted? Oh and the fact he nearly made a great tackle at the edge of our box, again?

There's worse problems than Ward, but why did we need all three of Ward, CBT and Wilson when it's obvious there's no-one in the box. You can go on about someone should have anticipated Ward's cross - who then? 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

We haven't bottled anything. Our points per game is still better than 22 other sides in our league, the three sides behind us all have to win their games in hand to get to within 1 result of us.

We can probably forget about Portsmouth now, but I don't really care whether we finish 1st or 2nd.

It's a massive missed opportunity, but it's still in our hands. The constant negativity gets really tiresome sometimes.

We now likely have to beat Portsmouth to go up. Our chances of promotion have taken a huge dent.

One of Bolton, Peterborough or Barnsley will win all their remaining games. We now have to win all of ours. To lose that game today, with the chance to go 7 points clear, can be described as nothing else than bottling it.

I wonder if last weeks victory and celebrations went to everyone in the clubs heads?

That victory came from hard work, sensible decisions and teamwork.

Today, well…… I don’t know what to say!

Edited by Ramarena

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Poor all round today, lineup and subs didn’t work, players didn’t turn up.

This is what pisses me off, We know players aren't machines and produce top performances game after game, But if the majority "don't turn up" you're up sh!t creek without a paddle.

Northampton have conceded 60 goals let that sink in for a second...and we couldn't stick one in the net, I believe there was enough out there from the starting 11 to get at least a point today.

Not good enough from all who were involved today, A big attitude change needed on Friday or it's the play offs...and in them I'm not confident 😬

Just now, Millenniumram said:

We now likely have to beat Portsmouth to go up. Our chances of promotion have taken a huge dent.

One of Bolton, Peterborough or Barnsley will win all their remaining games. We now have to win all of ours. To lose that game today, with the chance to go 7 points clear, can be described as nothing else than bottling it.

Don’t be silly none of those teams are winning every game. Pressure is a funny thing in football there’s going to be some strange results till end of season 

13 minutes ago, S8TY said:

He played two fantastic crosses that you expect someone to be on the end of it wasn’t like the box was empty 

Think its called hitting a space 

if hes told to put it in the 6 yard box.. or around the peno spot and he does hes done his bit.. if no f***** is attacking that ball despite having plenty in there thats not on him

Sorry @S8TY quoted u by mistake 👍

Edited by NottsRam77

On the way back from that shambles today. Not one Derby player played well, most of them 1/10 but a special mention to Hourihane; absolute garbage from start to finish yet stayed on for the full 90 for some reason. 
Northampton outmuscled us all game, won second balls consistently and marked our wing backs out of the game. The system should have been changed to counter it but wasn’t so there you go.

The sad thing is it will give the teams below us new impetus and piles pressure on the team going into the Easter fixtures. 

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Ah I see. Just Warne's fault again?

Yes it is. I know we have got injuries, but there again, don't all of Warne's sides? The reality is that from kick off all he got us doing was hoofing the ball long. If we put 2 or 3 passes together, it was to generate enough room for the player getting that 3rd pass to boot it long from deep within his own half. Every time. Every time. Every single time.

How strange - after the fans gave Warne a right bollocking form that run of matches ending with Stevenage and Crewe he got us playing what almost looked like football, and guess what? We went on a good run. Today, when we could, and should have won emphatically, he reverted to hoofball. Absolutely diabolical. Yes, the ref was poor, really poor, and cost us the goal. Actually, no he didn't, but Northampton should have been defending a free-kick instead of scoring the winner. But our defending was shocking for the goal. But for virtually the entire match we were worse than the ref, and with EFL League One refs, that takes one hell of a lot of doing.

18 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We need a proper striker fit asap. Lost the two games Gayle didn't start when he wasn't fit enough, won the next 4, then lost again without him.

I knew it would be too good to be true, we never do things the simple way.

Maybe if we had used what little money we had to attract a quality striker in Jan rather than waste it on ‘our first choice target’ who was supposed to be the fillip to push us on but can’t get in the side….

Just checking the history books (again) and turns out that is the first time ever that a team going for promotion loses away at a poorer team who are really up for it.

As this is a totally new experience, no one knows what to do. I suggest a huge over reaction, throw all your toys out the pram and make loads of huge claims like "the manager should be sacked", "that's the worst performance I have ever seen" or "we bottle it every single time". Don't say it's one of those things, we missed a few chances but played poorly.

Very very frustrating loss.

I can't really think of anyone who made a good name for themselves today.

All over the place tactically and was very reminiscent of the first part of the season. Everyone seemed panicky and was too much looking at each other rather than taking the initiative themselves. Credit to Northampton they sussed our standard build up game plan of getting it out to the Wing Backs as they had 3 men immediately surrounding when Sibley/Wilson received the ball. 

Their low block was making our back 3 have tunnel vision when we were trying to play it forward at time it felt ages before we would play the ball forward and by the time it would be played forward Northampton's defence would have found their shape again. Today showed the holes in Warnes system which is if you are wasteful or slow when the wings have committed it can spell danger as their goal was prime example.