Fozzy

Topram

I’ll shed an actual tear (or two) when he finally leaves us. He is still a link to that amazing second half of the 13/14 season, which was as enjoyable as anything I can remember (going back to early 80s). But he has also been that reassuring presence throughout the dark times, ten(?) managers and countless left backs, all inferior. Still quality, still a Ram.

23 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

I’ll shed an actual tear (or two) when he finally leaves us. 

In 100 years time, I’m fairly sure Fozzy’s ghost will still be haunting the left back areas of Pride Park, and he’ll still be the best crosser of the ball at the club.

I think people do overlook how good he’s actually been for us. He’s been one of the best left backs in the championship for almost a decade. It’s no surprise at all he’s still very good at League One level.

I like that he's a clever footballer yet he's also worked his way back from several career threatening injuries.

Just does everything sensibly and without any drama. Ģood in the air, fast enough,  can cross really well, will play any position.

Yesterday he just covered the line and smashed into tackles, all without any fuss. 

11 hours ago, Topram said:

Always been a fan of Fozzy a great servant a great guy who deserves goods stuff 

but my does he deserve it, 5/6 weeks out just slots it like he’s not been anywhere, 

Hope we’ll see him see promotion with us he deserves it

That’s if for me the way he just slotted back in like he’s never been out for 6 weeks and now he’s getting older I actually think playing CB in a 3 is his best position. 🐑🐑🐑🐑 What a Guy.

He’s nearly had a longer career than his name sake, Bruce.

Best money we’ve spent in years.

Slotted in yesterday like he’d never been away and absolutely bossed it.

The word legend is thrown around far too often these days but our Craig is without doubt a true Derby legend.

When he finally hangs up his boots I hope he takes up a coaching or mentor role inside the club. The youth could learn a lot from him, resilience, determination, professionalism.

🍺here’s to you King Craig

Overtaken Bryson and Martin for me as Clough juniors best signing for us.
The ability to come back from so many devastating injuries. The way we keep buying left backs to replace him and he kept swatting them away one by one. The way he’s reinvented himself into an excellent centre back both in a 2 and a 3. 

Love the egg!