Match Thread: vs Bolton Wanderers (H)

55 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

OK just for you, it was handball.

But the reality is we created the better chances and didn't take them, and a lot of credit has to go to your goalie. Equally, the responsibility lies with our strikers who are simply not as ruthless as our usual starters, especially Dion Charles.

As I mentioned during the match when we were battering you but couldn't score in a brothel, it was obvious that you'd get a scabby goal to win it which you did, but that's football folks - you don't always get what you deserve, and we didn't deserve to lose that, not that you care.

The irony is that it was Kane Wilson who was credited with the goal - a player we'd agreed a fee with Brizzle to sign, but didn't in the end as his personal terms and wage demands were too high for us, so he came to you instead.

Anyhoo, onwards and sideways.....

Payback's a bitch for the absolute daylight robbery we suffered at the hands of your bunch of cheating scumbags and one-eyed match officials earlier in the season.

43 minutes ago, ap04 said:

Sounds like you only saw the stats, I'll sum it up for you but if you watched the game or the extended ignore it. We had one chance in the entire second half -you read that right- plus two half-chances in the first, nothing else of note; the other way keeper pulled two worldies, they hit the bar and came close at least a couple more times (50'-64'). Now I would agree the above against a tough opponent is "solid" if we were mid-table or lower, for an aspiring top 2/3 side at home I would call it "a stinker".

So be humble, accept we got the rub of the green (as has been the case numerous times this season, I make it win #9 where we haven't been the better side - 18 points right there for those who like their points and ppgs), be grateful for the result and move on, no need to get all snidey. Spare the gloating and glorifying for when we are actually decent and worthy winners, not after smash-and-grabs on our own turf. My tuppence anyway.

What would bring you joy in football? It appears beating a promotion rival in what was essentially an evenly balanced game isn’t the answer. Here’s how I saw it as someone who likes seeing their team win football Matches, with some of the stats I can find online to support my view…

- The team we all (supposedly) support showed grit and determination to earn a key result yesterday, big plus for me there.

- The possession stats are fairly even (44% to us 56% to them) which backs up what I saw during the game, they had spells with the ball and we had spells with the ball.

- The attempts on goal, well we had 10 shots with 3 on target and they had 6 shots with 3 on target, so they didn’t create massively more than we did in terms of attempts which tallies with what I saw yesterday.

- 6 corners and 1 yellow card a piece, pretty balanced there.

- we made a total of 280 passes with 62% accuracy, they made a total of 385 with 67% accuracy so they won there…I did however notice our players intentionally standing off their defence and allowing them to have the ball which seems a tactical decision to allow them the ball, so my simple observation there is we allowed them to pass it more and they didn’t do much with it…

- the stats I’ve found say we had 1 big chance each and missed 1 big chance each…. Balanced again.

- we had 3 blocked shots, they had 1. Our keeper made 3 saves, theirs made 2. So while our keeper was busier they blocked some of our efforts which could have resulted in their keeper making more saves…

- we made 9 interceptions to their 3 and 32 clearances to their 25, backing up the work our defence did to keep them out.

- we scored 1 goal, they score 0.

So in summary, as I thought yesterday and still today having looked over the numbers, it was a balanced game between two teams at this level, both had chances, both defended well, each side approached the game slightly different to the other and we scored from a set piece to win…. Hooray! 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

4 minutes ago, ap04 said:

xG is quite unreliable for one-off matches. For instance it doesn't register at all them hitting the bar from a corner (as close as you can get to a goal), or Wildsmith flapping at an earlier corner with the goal gaping.

That particular “hitting the bar” wasn’t as close as you can get to a goal. It bounced on the top of the bar so it wasn’t heading into the goal. 

6 minutes ago, ap04 said:

xG is quite unreliable for one-off matches. For instance it doesn't register at all them hitting the bar from a corner (as close as you can get to a goal), or Wildsmith flapping at an earlier corner with the goal gaping.

Are you suggesting their miss-hit corner should count as a valid attempt at goal? 

1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

But the reality is we created the better chances and didn't take them, and a lot of credit has to go to your goalie. Equally, the responsibility lies with our strikers who are simply not as ruthless as our usual starters, especially Dion Charles.

As I mentioned during the match when we were battering you but couldn't score in a brothel, it was obvious that you'd get a scabby goal to win it which you did, but that's football folks - you don't always get what you deserve, and we didn't deserve to lose that, not that you care.

The irony is that it was Kane Wilson who was credited with the goal - a player we'd agreed a fee with Brizzle to sign, but didn't in the end as his personal terms and wage demands were too high for us, so he came to you instead.

Wow. That changes everything. Expect the score is still 1-0 to the Rams. And we are 4 points clear in second place.

Otherwise

Well, that’s now all the teams in the top six that we have won one and lost one against this season

just Pompey to come. . . 

they won at our place, so surely it’s a win for us at theirs and Champions 🥇 all round?! 😉 

it really doesn’t matter how we play at this stage, just find a way to win each game and be better than our opponents as we did yesterday

what a belting atmosphere! Loved every minute! COYR 

2 minutes ago, DE56Ram said:

Well, that’s now all the teams in the top six that we have won one and lost one against this season

just Pompey to come. . . 

they won at our place, so surely it’s a win for us at theirs and Champions 🥇 all round?! 😉 

it really doesn’t matter how we play at this stage, just find a way to win each game and be better than our opponents as we did yesterday

what a belting atmosphere! Loved every minute! COYR 

Pompey drew at our place.

17 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

On the RTV Twitter post of the goal two of their defenders on the left hand edge of the 6yd box are clearly tapping their arms and appealing to the ref/assistant.

https://x.com/dcfcofficial/status/1769091267068153961?s=46

Yes, but those two are on the near side where they would not have been able to see any contact between the ball and Waghorn's arm. The two standing right adjacent to Waghorn with a clear view of the ball didn't appeal at all which is strange if they saw it touch his arm. I think those appealing were perhaps just assuming it touched his arm. I don't doubt though that VAR would have disallowed it because any ball to hand review seems to favour the appellants.

Compared to the refereeing controversies in the first game though, this is minor because the ball was going in the net anyway.

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Sounds like you only saw the stats, I'll sum it up for you but if you watched the game or the extended ignore it. We had one chance in the entire second half -you read that right- plus two half-chances in the first, nothing else of note; the other way keeper pulled two worldies, they hit the bar and came close at least a couple more times (50'-64'). Now I would agree the above against a tough opponent is "solid" if we were mid-table or lower, for an aspiring top 2/3 side at home I would call it "a stinker".

So be humble, accept we got the rub of the green (as has been the case numerous times this season, I make it win #9 where we haven't been the better side - 18 points right there for those who like their points and ppgs), be grateful for the result and move on, no need to get all snidey. Spare the gloating and glorifying for when we are actually decent and worthy winners, not after smash-and-grabs on our own turf. My tuppence anyway.

Maybe it was win #9 where we weren't the better side this season, but you don't mention the times when we haven't got the points we have deserved. So you can offset those 18 points with others that we have lost.

It's sickening reading your one sided anti Derby posts all the time, without any sense of balance.

We didn't deserve the win on chances yesterday, but the defence and the keeper did their job and kept a clean sheet, unlike the Bolton defence giving Wilson a free header. That's football, no lucky deflections or terrible decisions unlike the away game, just our players scoring more goals than theirs did.

On Tuesday we were much dominant than Bolton were yesterday, but were helped by some decisions that went our way.

However, the are the same people on here who say that we shouldn't have won on Tuesday because we only won because we had lucky breaks despite dominating the game, Then the same people say that we shouldn't have won yesterday because we didn't dominate the game, you can't have it both ways.

Anyway, I've had enough and for the first time, i'm resorting to putting you on ignore.

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

Was you at the game?

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

No dont care but then haven't been posting on opposition fans forum all weekend. 

10 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Are you sure about that? It does register the likelihood of that chance, which is the whole point of it.

My sincere apologies for not being precise enough, it registers it as a 0.0something.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Are you suggesting their miss-hit corner should count as a valid attempt at goal? 

It should count as good as a goal for analysis purposes, it was a matter of inches and the kepper was beat.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What would bring you joy in football?

No unbalanced inaccurate assessments especially after unjust results.