Match Thread: vs Bolton Wanderers (H)

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Wildsmith deserves a lot of credit made some huge saves, everyone defended like warriors at the end too. I don't care how we win at this point lets get out of this league!

Nice moment at full time with him and Warne embracing after some rumours of a rift earlier in the season. 
He’s just speaking on radio Derby now, praises his defence and talking about how his training and prep play their part in him making top saves like he did earlier. Hope we can extend his contract as I think he’d do a job for us next season 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Nice moment at full time with him and Warne embracing after some rumours of a rift earlier in the season. 
He’s just speaking on radio Derby now, praises his defence and talking about how his training and prep play their part in him making top saves like he did earlier. Hope we can extend his contract as I think he’d do a job for us next season 

Yeah that was class, you cant deny how much team spirit Warne has built, all the lads look like they're full of passion for us.

Wildsmith just needs a bit of work on his distribution. He was solid from balls in the box today too got on the end of a few.

Warne just said Gayle’s injury is his hamstring. Barkhuizen and Ward both “sore” at half time so not wanting to take risks. 

Seems quite honest and grounded in his assessment, said he thought Bolton are right to think they deserved a point. Praised all the players, said he wanted to get CBT on but had ran out of subs which if those made for “soreness” couldn’t be avoided it makes sense. Acknowledged we rode our luck a little. Still 7 games to go so staying grounded. 

Young lad starting the bounce referred to as “little Collo” so Collins’ lad I guess.

Said the fans and atmosphere were great, set a standard they shouldn’t drop, amazed by all the flags and wants them there every week. 

Also just said “JJ was up here today and he’s maybe going to be fit by the end of the season”, if he’s still contracted to us we can use him right?!

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added more from Warne’s interview.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne just said Gayle’s injury is his hamstring. Barkhuizen and Ward both “sore” at half time so not wanting to take risks. 

Anything from days to season ending depending on the severity, then.

We might have to get through two games with just Waghorn, hopefully the extra two weeks before Portsmouth will give Collo and Washington enough time to make the bench at least.

On 14/03/2024 at 06:45, IlsonDerby said:

With no disrespect to the team or fans - f*** Bolton. f*** the idea that we should be worrying so much about this match. Over 38 games they’ve not been as good as us. We have finally stumbled onto a system that is producing decent performances, Why should we change how we’ve taken to the last 3 matches? 

Go out and show them why we’ve got the best goal difference in the division. Go and attack them from the off. My heart not take watching us trying to soak up 90 minutes of pressure for Wildsmith to sprint out and foul their striker in the 86th minute for a pen. 

Well we had more shots than them 👀 

Never in doubt 👀. Superb effort and superb crowd. 

We've just beaten in my opinion the best team in the division. It’s ours to f*** up from here.