Match Thread: vs Reading (H)

I do wonder about some on here. We were miles better than them and I lost count of how many cheaty little fouls they put in tonight that weren't carded. We were also the only side that looked like scoring all night. Does anyone really think they deserved a point tonight? I really don't get the mardiness from some quarters. 

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

I do wonder about some on here. We were miles better than them and I lost count of how many cheaty little fouls they put in tonight that weren't carded. We were also the only side that looked like scoring all night. Does anyone really think they deserved a point tonight? I really don't get the mardiness from some quarters. 

True enough, but we were asleep for their goal.

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

Absolutely. On one team came to play football, they came to boot us and waste time. They got exactly what they deserved, nothing. We played them off the park at times.

PG Wodehouse from the directors box.

Ah, the evening’s contest at Pride Park unfolded with the gusto of a Shakespearean drama, as the gallant Rams, akin to valiant knights of yore, emerged triumphant amidst a pitch reminiscent of a canvas painted by the mischievous spirit of Brian Clough himself, urging the fire brigade to partake in an impromptu aquatic ballet ere the commencement of play. With Gayle’s finishing akin to the deft stroke of a master calligrapher, guided by a slide rule pass from the erudite Ward, who, one might surmise, holds not only the skills of a footballer but also the acumen of a learned mathematician, perhaps even boasting a degree in Trigonometry! And lo, as Hourihane dispatched the penalty with the finesse of an expert gamekeeper, one could envision him in tweed, calmly dealing with a pheasant in the countryside. Yet, amidst the jubilation, a brief moment of consternation ensued as Bradley, towering as a mighty oak, found himself outwitted by the nimble Smith, prompting a fleeting shadow of doubt. However, the benevolent Referee Breakspear, in an act of contrition for his prior transgression against Plymouth, showered cards upon the field like confetti, and in his wisdom, awarded the penalty that secured victory, leaving the vanquished Reading manager Selles resembling a gentleman who, having imbibed deeply from the cup of life, discovered naught but a lifeless beetle at its dregs. Now, the bobble-hatted Warne stands poised to confront what is heralded as the automatic promotion decider come Saturday, urging his valiant troupe to display their mettle and prove their worth upon the grand stage of sport. Truly, a spectacle of both triumph and tribulation, fit for the annals of sporting lore!

7 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Exactly

4 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

And when we're on the receiving end of poor decisions they say "we should have defended that better regardless" and "we deserved to lose so we can't really complain - Warne Out!!"

I ain't even being satirical.

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

PG Wodehouse from the directors box.

Ah, the evening’s contest at Pride Park unfolded with the gusto of a Shakespearean drama, as the gallant Rams, akin to valiant knights of yore, emerged triumphant amidst a pitch reminiscent of a canvas painted by the mischievous spirit of Brian Clough himself, urging the fire brigade to partake in an impromptu aquatic ballet ere the commencement of play. With Gayle’s finishing akin to the deft stroke of a master calligrapher, guided by a slide rule pass from the erudite Ward, who, one might surmise, holds not only the skills of a footballer but also the acumen of a learned mathematician, perhaps even boasting a degree in Trigonometry! And lo, as Hourihane dispatched the penalty with the finesse of an expert gamekeeper, one could envision him in tweed, calmly dealing with a pheasant in the countryside. Yet, amidst the jubilation, a brief moment of consternation ensued as Bradley, towering as a mighty oak, found himself outwitted by the nimble Smith, prompting a fleeting shadow of doubt. However, the benevolent Referee Breakspear, in an act of contrition for his prior transgression against Plymouth, showered cards upon the field like confetti, and in his wisdom, awarded the penalty that secured victory, leaving the vanquished Reading manager Selles resembling a gentleman who, having imbibed deeply from the cup of life, discovered naught but a lifeless beetle at its dregs. Now, the bobble-hatted Warne stands poised to confront what is heralded as the automatic promotion decider come Saturday, urging his valiant troupe to display their mettle and prove their worth upon the grand stage of sport. Truly, a spectacle of both triumph and tribulation, fit for the annals of sporting lore!

Not sure about PGW, but that has a definite air of Stuart Hall about it…

Got into the South Stand concourse and Sky are featuring Birmingham v Middlesbrough! Picking a score fir that is a right poisoned chalice!

I think a dull 0 - 0 devoid of any interest apart from 4 red cards, two to each of them!

We seem to be playing so much quicker than previously, it’s really good to watch comparitvely. The attacking wing backs genuinely help going forwards, we have a lot more creative players on the pitch.

Adams been a great signing, Gayle too. Ward is like a new signing and barkhuizen been excellent last three games. 

Great time of the season to be hitting form! Roll on Saturday!

I was sat in the west stand but towards the north stand so didn’t have a close up view of all the contentious decisions, what I will say is we totally deserved to win tonight we’ve played a lot worse this season. Think it proves there’s no conspiracy against any team the officials at this level just aren’t very good 

5 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

He was beaten in the air. So what? Do you expect him to win every ball? Their player should not have been able to get in behind, but let's ignore that and hate on Bradley some more shall we? 

Warne said Sonny B was ill when he came off. It was great to see Sibley play 98 mins and we didn’t miss Bird . We did get 3 massive decisions go for us but the South stand were brilliant in the second half . We don’t need a Drum ! 

5 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

We seem to be playing so much quicker than previously, it’s really good to watch comparitvely. The attacking wing backs genuinely help going forwards, we have a lot more creative players on the pitch.

Adams been a great signing, Gayle too. Ward is like a new signing and barkhuizen been excellent last three games. 

Great time of the season to be hitting form! Roll on Saturday!

Totally agree. It's like it has finally clicked and the players understand what's expected of them (whether that's a negative on the coaching or the players I'll leave up to the reader).

Admittedly, it does help when our opposition very kindly decide not to attack us for 80 minutes. Hopefully Bolton get that memo too.