Paul Warne

Day

Wonder how he manages to keep the morale of individual players up, whilst fining them for infractions such as being late and walking over the badge. I admire him for doing this, keeping phones out the canteen etc. Clearly an exceptional man manager / leader.

Edited by jcidaho
Typo

45 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Wonder how he manages to keep the morale of individual players up, whilst fining them for infractions such as being late and walking over the badge. I admire him for doing this, keeping phones out the canteen etc. Clearly an exceptional man manager / leader.

The fines won't be as "significant" as Warne says in the interview, you know what he's like for jokey remarks that people then interpret far too seriously. I'd imagine that the fines are collected up and help fund the lads Xmas do or end of season jolly. That's what happens at most clubs.

Edited by Carnero

49 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The fines won't be as "significant" as Warne says in the interview, you know what he's like for jokey remarks that people then interpret far too seriously. I'd imagine that the fines are collected up and help fund the lads Xmas do or end of season jolly. That's what happens at most clubs.

don’t the fines go towards Christmas dos/end of season dos? Imagine this is easier to swallow than a fine going to the clubs coffers 

I think it's a collective buy-in. If the odd player feels aggreived, there'll be many more who do turn up on time, follow the rules etc that will be satisfied that others aren't "getting away with it". 

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think it's a collective buy-in. If the odd player feels aggreived, there'll be many more who do turn up on time, follow the rules etc that will be satisfied that others aren't "getting away with it". 

That's the kind of off-field stuff that Hourihane would have been strong on

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

He wanted 12 players at the start of the summer, we've got 6 and the transfer windows not shut yet.

He seems to constantly find it difficult to bring players in - other clubs don’t - why ?

Just now, Justa said:

He seems to constantly find it difficult to bring players in - other clubs don’t - why ?

Dunno, I'd guess finances have a part to play.  We've just come up from Lg1 and needed a complete overhaul, other teams with similar budgets to us already have Championship squads and only need to add a few players, we need to stretch our budget to bring in 12 players.

No need to panic yet, transfer window is still open and we're in the market for players.

Set us up in a 443, with thr full backs pushing very high up the pitch and wide CMs dropping into a wing back position. It helped us when going forward, but the gung-ho approach left us wide open at the back.

Warne tried experimenting at the start of last season by making all CMs and wide CBs join every attack - which also left us wide open at yhe back and led to errors. Eventually, Warne shifted from this approach and made us more solid... hopefully it won't take too long for him to recalibrate his approach this season.

25 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I need to hear all the Warne fans explanation for tonight's performance.

7/11 players started were L1 players last season. Not writing them off after one game but the step up could be too much for some of them. Clearly need signings and transfers seem to be getting harder to complete. They mentioned on sky Blackburn have been disappointed with their window so far and look at the gulf in quality with what they already have.

28 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I need to hear all the Warne fans explanation for tonight's performance.

Honestly fella I can’t name you one manager, currently working in this division, who would do much better with the current squad available. 

That defence is just not championship standard at all. And we didn’t have a recognised striker on the pitch. Barkhuizen started for us tonight - a player not good enough to start for us in League One.

The only thing Derby fans should be focusing on right now is getting the recruitment done and done right. Warne doesn’t deserve all the blame tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Warne doesn’t deserve all the blame tonight. 

He should get a lot of blame tonight. Set us up completely wrong.

Literally anyone can see playing 4 at the back with Elder and Wilson as full backs in just asking yourself to concede 4 goals. Totally wrong. 

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

He should get a lot of blame tonight. Set us up completely wrong.

Literally anyone can see playing 4 at the back with Elder and Wilson as full backs in just asking yourself to concede 4 goals. Totally wrong. 

I guess Warne told our defenders at half time to gift Blackburn 3 goals just to make things interesting on here tonight

Grow up. Some of the defending I saw should have been coached out at schoolboy level to have any aspirations of being a professional footballer.