Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Bradley would get humiliated in the Champ. He’s only effective when we’re camped in our own box (e.g. vs Stoke pre-season). I’m hoping we won’t be playing like that next season.

Is this the game where we 3-0 up at half time and even bringing on the old ex team mates we still didn’t concede.

Think Bradley gets a lot more than hate than neccessary because of his poor start. He was brilliant in a lot of games in the run in. He’s obviously an amazing lad to have around as he came second in the votes for captain last year by the players after only being there a few weeks. He’s an animal in both boxes and would be a superb option of the bench. Wouldn’t want him starting every game but I’m sure he’s definitely good enough to play in the championship.

39 minutes ago, Topram said:

Tough start bradley had and that’s why the hate continues, people won’t change their opinions now, he was a stand out for most of our remaining fixtures

Not in the slightest. Just don’t see this “stand out” you speak of. Admittedly, I didn’t see Cambridge where he was apparently really good so maybe that hasn’t helped my opinion. At best he was fine, nothing more or less. Obviously, proved vital from attacking set pieces but not sure that justifies a place in the team at the next level. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

We weren’t literally camped in our own box much last season and I reckon many of us thought he did well once he’d got over his early season disaster. How he fares against Championship opposition is any one’s guess but you could probably say that about most of our players.

I spent the longest time offering my 10 year old a quid every time Bradley made a forward pass. Didn’t cost me much.

On the day the other hand he was impactful during the last few games of the season. As was Korey Smith. And we’ve binned him.

4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I spent the longest time offering my 10 year old a quid every time Bradley made a forward pass. Didn’t cost me much.

On the day the other hand he was impactful during the last few games of the season. As was Korey Smith. And we’ve binned him.

He doesn’t need to make that many forward passes if he’s making a positive impact on games which he certainly did once he’d earned his way back into the squad (baring the Northampton rush of blood of course).
I agree regarding Smith. He also turned into a player I would groan at when I saw him starting or coming on but turned into one of my favourite players. Smith was “binned” because his contract had ended whilst Bradley’s hadn’t. 

Anyway, shopping in north London is going to be quite de rigeur this year.

Mika Biereth and Okoronkwa with red and white links and Spurs is fertile ground too. And not just up front.

Other than that I’m expecting us to return to Sunderland but not for the smiley one.

Suggestions? I love ‘em.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

He doesn’t need to make that many forward passes if he’s making a positive impact on games which he certainly did once he’d earned his way back into the squad (baring the Northampton rush of blood of course).
I agree regarding Smith. He also turned into a player I would groan at when I saw him starting or coming on but turned into one of my favourite players. Smith was “binned” because his contract had ended whilst Bradley’s hadn’t. 

So. What benefit did we gain by Bradley passing to Cashin or Nelson for 90 minutes?  For me we could have sacrificed Bradley for another body in midfield or upfront. Cashin and Nelson were the best centre back pairing in the division and didn’t need the insurance of Bradley.

25 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

So. What benefit did we gain by Bradley passing to Cashin or Nelson for 90 minutes?  For me we could have sacrificed Bradley for another body in midfield or upfront. Cashin and Nelson were the best centre back pairing in the division and didn’t need the insurance of Bradley.

You said yourself that he was impactful (presumably you meant in a positive way) during the last few games (I’d say since he returned to the first team rather than just the last few games). Are you saying that impact wasn’t beneficial?

Maybe we could have sacrificed him for another body in midfield or upfront but that assumes Nelson or Cashin could fill in for the gap left by his departure rather than being their to receive Bradley’s pass.

On 26/05/2024 at 11:58, Eoghan1884 said:

What are we waiting for

Took a bit longer than I expected but the Bradley critics have started to stir. He was a solid 7/10 in the games he played in the last dozen games or so and to actually say his only decent performance was in a pre-season friendly is hilarious.

I was a vocal critic of Bradley and was apoplectic when he got sent off.

However, when you make a mistake it’s how you react and he came back stronger.

I don’t think he’s the player we hoped he would be but I think we need faster and younger support for Cashin, Nelson and Nyambe.

If he goes, he goes with my best wishes.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

We weren’t literally camped in our own box much last season and I reckon many of us thought he did well once he’d got over his early season disaster. How he fares against Championship opposition is any one’s guess but you could probably say that about most of our players.

i think he's talking specifically about the stoke game.

Bradley's only real strength is his heading. You can mostly get away with this in league one, but when he comes up against championship sides every week that actually want to play football, his lack of pace, decision making, etc, etc, will unfortunately be found out. We saw examples of this in league one with some of the teams that try to play good football. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Took a bit longer than I expected but the Bradley critics have started to stir. He was a solid 7/10 in the games he played in the last dozen games or so and to actually say his only decent performance was in a pre-season friendly is hilarious.

to say he was a 7/10 in last 12 games is even more hilarious to me

Edited by Chris_Martin

Bradley did well in the tail end of games, but inherently I just don’t trust him to be consistent. His heading is his forte but even then after Xmas there were a few games where we let in sloppy goals that he just didn’t mark or jumped under the header. Should be bread and butter stuff for him. And as people say, that was league one. Like many, I’d thank him for his role but be pleased to see him move on, especially as I’m sure his wages would be heftier. Even if it’s a younger understudy, I agree we’re lacking pace in that department and need to address. I think a prospect would do well with Nelson to talk them through and cash as an example.

9 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Charlie Goode been released by Brentford and will be available on a free. Decent player 

Afyer only managing 3 ganes for Blackpool last season, he had half a season at Wigan this year and was only fit enough to start 11 games (4 wins). They won 4 of the 6 games he played no part in.

This was also the first time he's managed to play at least 10 lesgue games in a season since 19/20 in L2. That season was only one of 2 in which he played more than 20 league games.

I think he would be an upgrade on Bradley (albeit a small one), but his injury record would make him a risky signing. If the last 2 seasons are anything to go by, we should avoid injury prone players.