Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Will Vaulks contract talks with Wednesday have stagnated. He was their player of the season last year and has previous with Warne. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were throwing a few spanner’s in the works to see if we can persuade him to sign for us. He suits the system, is well known to the manager and is a proven at Championship level. If we can pick up Vaulks and Bernard on frees from Wednesday that would be lovely start to the window. 

Bernard has played most of the season at LCB and a few games on the right. I can't see him joining a club to be backup, and he wont get in the side over Cashin or Nelson. I dount he'd be ahead of Nyambe in the pecking order either. Any CB signing should be the key man in yhe middle of our defence.

Vaulks and Adams would be a very solid midfield pairing. Both lead by example and set standards on and off the pitch. Warne also got the best out of Vaulks, contributing 7 goals and 7 assists in his final season before he went to Cardiff.

3 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’ve heard the first three are almost done.

Ebou - fee 
Bobby Clark - season long loan

Iverson - Leicester- free 

I’ve heard we’ve spoken to a couple of defenders , two strikers , four CMs and two goalkeepers.

Sibley to re sign 

Collins - still undecided  May impact our decision to keep or loan out Brown 

As for one’s up for sale or have interest in 

Barks 

fornah 

bradley 

Trying No Plan GIF by HannahWitton

13 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bernard has played most of the season at LCB and a few games on the right. I can't see him joining a club to be backup, and he wont get in the side over Cashin or Nelson. I dount he'd be ahead of Nyambe in the pecking order either. Any CB signing should be the key man in yhe middle of our defence.

Vaulks and Adams would be a very solid midfield pairing. Both lead by example and set standards on and off the pitch. Warne also got the best out of Vaulks, contributing 7 goals and 7 assists in his final season before he went to Cardiff.

Bernard played centre of a back three in the last two games of the season, as well as predominantly playing on the right hand side (and right back) coming through the academy.  He's shown versatility across the back and we need to add more speed at the centre position. 

I don't think he will end up coming here and I can see him signing for one of the teams expected to challenge for promotion, but he is prototypical of the centre back that I would like to see us add IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I have names, some decent ones too. I don’t like sharing them due to the fact they’re nowhere near done. 

Brill thanks BT. I like the phrase “decent” and hopefully not past it 

32 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I have names, some decent ones too. I don’t like sharing them due to the fact they’re nowhere near done. 

Tell them to me on pm and I will then go on x and create an account called something like "efl insider", "championship agent", or Barry the ram and leak them all.

16 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If the below is what we’re looking at I’d be very happy

GK - Iversen

CB - Bernard 

MF - Sheehan

MF - Adams

MF - Baptiste

MF - Clark(loan)

Forget that lot , we now know what Warne is aiming for . We should be talking to Callum O’Hare , on a free from Coventry . Luton  want him , they have parachute money but come on ! 

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Forget that lot , we now know what Warne is aiming for . We should be talking to Callum O’Hare , on a free from Coventry . Luton  want him , they have parachute money but come on ! 

I think that he'll be after a Premier league team and their money.