Collins not everyone's favourite.

Ramfan1958

6 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

I assume from this opinion that you have met him then 

Oh absolutely not, I'm basing this on absolutely nothing at all, just don't like the cut of his jib. Sure he's a lovely fella, just not for me

12 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Part of our fan base still doesn't like Chris Martin for some reason either. That's the beauty of football, it's opinions 

Yeah, well part of our fanbase sounds like they have had a frontal lobotomy half the time.

Same at every club, always a few that are a total waste of atoms.

6 hours ago, DRBee said:

Collins likeability falls as his offside rate rises.

But we would be up shyyte creek if he got injured. Was he done for offside at all this evening?

Not with that ref! He’d forgotten where his whistle and cards were for 30 minutes first half!

14 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I've found plenty of things to criticise over Warne's tenure. Collins has never been one of them. He's put the graft in and scores goals. I've no idea why a section of our fanbases doesn't get behind him.

Simple Juan...there's those that know and there's those that don't ☺️

He's the kind of player I would loathe if he was playing against us - a scrappy, fighty, argumentative sod who throws his weight around and bullies defenders - and I didn't take to him at first. He's often offside and, while his willingness to close down is to be commended, he often charges in, misses the tackle, and leaves a big gap behind himself. But what he lacks in technical ability he more than makes up for with work-rate, stamina, strength, and determination. And, dammit, he has scored regularly enough to justify himself. A number of great headers and that fantastic scissor-kick. I'd love it if he got to 20 league goals.

I too have warmed to him and boy does he run his socks off. When he went down clutching his knee and players were gesturing to the bench I thought he was done for. But he dusted himself down and made a Lazarus like recovery and was even sprinting around like a man possessed in the 95th minute. Strikes me just like Cash and Nelson and now Adams he’s one that will get stuck in. Is he out of contract in the summer?

I have no idea why people don't rate/like him.  If we'd brought back Chris Martin in the summer, and had the exact same output fans would be creaming all over themselves, saying how good he's been.  I reckon it's just a case of his face not fitting.

I for one love the lad, he's everything you want in a League 1 striker.

Just a little point of contention concerning JC continually being caught offside, Now I've not witnessed this as I neither go to PP or watch on RTV only read it on here, Has anyone ever thought that the reason he's offside is because the player with the ball holds on to it just that little to long...just a thought 🤷‍♂️