Collins not everyone's favourite.

Ramfan1958

He was sprinting around, closing down, right up until the very last minute.

The doctor and physio went on and assessed him and cleared him to play. If there was any doubt at all he should have been off.

Then at 3-0, if he is sore, he needs to take some responsibility and say, look I am a bit sore here, and then just get him off. The game was over.

If he is out for any period of time, we probably need to try and bring Gayle in. 

How far off are Washington and Waghorn?

I expect if Collins is ruled out for any extended period of time, then it’ll be Barkhuizen or NML up top with other wide options of CBT, Wilson, Ward and Sibley at a push if we play 4-3-3. Brown will probably end up coming back too.

It does seem pretty odd that the injury could put Collins out for at least 3 months, or he could be fine in 2 days time. The fact that Saturday is even a possibility suggests he’s able to move around on it fine and relatively pain-free, so I’m hoping it’s nothing.

Edited by Kernow

On 14/02/2024 at 01:08, bimmerman said:

Part of our fan base still doesn't like Chris Martin for some reason either. That's the beauty of football, it's opinions 

Flashback to 2017 and our home game against Burton that we won 1-0. I was, for the one and only time thus far, in the South Stand, back row, half a dozen seats from the concrete "block" they have the camera on. The 4 fans to my left started to criticise CM from the second they got to their seats around 14:45. Their reasons totally ignored what his game is all about. Game kicked off and I found many a reason to praise CM. Hold up play, bringing the midfield into the game, running out wide and taking 2 defenders with him to create space for teammates, his defensive work at dead ball situations etc etc etc..... I pointed out each and every time he did something good. 5 minutes before HT they went to the concourse for a beer and their seats remained empty throughout the 2nd half.

I wonder if they still have the same opinion of his time with us or did I broaden their view... or were they just pissed off because I was right and they felt embarrassed at their uninformed view?   

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

How can you either be out for the season or fine for a game in 2 days 😭😭

Because it depends on whether it’s bruising, a partial ligament tear, or a full ligament tear.

You’d expect a full tear to be possible to diagnose via the amount of movement in the joint, but swelling can mask that. 

i speak from personal experience of having had PCL partial tear, ACL partial tear, medial ligament partial tear, full ACL tear requiring reconstruction. 

In each case, only a scan or an arthroscopy could truly determine the extent of the damage. 

4 minutes ago, ck- said:

Because it depends on whether it’s bruising, a partial ligament tear, or a full ligament tear.

You’d expect a full tear to be possible to diagnose via the amount of movement in the joint, but swelling can mask that. 

i speak from personal experience of having had PCL partial tear, ACL partial tear, medial ligament partial tear, full ACL tear requiring reconstruction. 

In each case, only a scan or an arthroscopy could truly determine the extent of the damage. 

You are Craig Forysth and I claim my £5

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Yeah that scissor kick that lacked any technical ability eh?

Are you seriously that much of a pedant? Do you really think I'm saying that a professional footballer with over 600 appearances and 200+ goals has zero technical ability? Or do you think Collins has bags of technical ability because he scored ONE scissor kick goal? Do you think he's suddenly Dennis Bergkamp? 🙄

11 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Are you seriously that much of a pedant? Do you really think I'm saying that a professional footballer with over 600 appearances and 200+ goals has zero technical ability? Or do you think Collins has bags of technical ability because he scored ONE scissor kick goal? Do you think he's suddenly Dennis Bergkamp? 🙄

No not at all, but your original post did say 'what he lacks in technical ability, he makes up with........' And yes, my job to pick up the minor details 

46 minutes ago, ck- said:

George is that you?

10 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

So ignoring the youth, sending Dajun Brown out on loan have paid off well, especially as Brown’s loan agreement was so well negotiated that we can’t recall him until next month. Its the Derby way.

To be fair, I think that's a standard clause that FA rules require to be in those type of loan agreements.

22 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well yes, I guess I’m trying to allude to Didzy’s accuracy.

No you're not - you're sh*te stirring.

Mods should be gagged!  😉

Edited by Wolfie20

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

So ignoring the youth, sending Dajun Brown out on loan have paid off well, especially as Brown’s loan agreement was so well negotiated that we can’t recall him until next month. Its the Derby way.

Someone on here says 20th February, which if correct would mean one match without a centre-forward (worst-case scenario).

I personally expect to see Collo as usual this Saturday.

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

Someone on here says 20th February, which if correct would mean one match without a centre-forward (worst-case scenario).

I personally expect to see Collo as usual this Saturday.

Thanks for that, Angie. It has been suggested that the worst-case scenario was painted as a bit of kiddums for Stevenage. If so, I'm all for it.