Derby v Shrewsbury Town - Match Day Thread

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Thompson has proved he’s good enough this season, but no we could play sibley, smith, fornah in midfield or even move an attacker in field to get CBT or Barkhuizen starting.

Thompson isn't as good as Hourihane, Smith has as much ummph as me and Fornah plays like Bambi on skates.  None are as likely  to score or create a goal. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

While driving to the ground I got the biggest bird poo ever land splat on my screen. I wasn’t going to risk a “this is a sign” comment. Looks like I was right. It wasn’t. The lucky scarf from last week failed as did resolutely sticking to the same turn style. If we are going up it isn’t going to be via mystic portents.

Meh game, didn’t create enough. Momentary lack of concentration cost us. They were speedy and worked hard, we were ok but didn’t create enough. We were the better side but cracks are there and we need options. React against Exeter and all will be well.

They were a bit keen on the man handling and ref was less than helpful. 45 points up for grabs and no one behind us made any ground. Adams looks the business, he will make a difference. 

She was probably a Shrewsbury fan.

23 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

@Mr. P genuine question…..

The players or the linesmen?

A couple looked very iffy to me. League 1 linos often seem to judge offsides when the player receives the ball and not when it’s passed.

A bit of both to be honest.  Can't blame it all on the linesman. 

9 minutes ago, jono said:

While driving to the ground I got the biggest bird poo ever land splat on my screen. I wasn’t going to risk a “this is a sign” comment. Looks like I was right. It wasn’t. The lucky scarf from last week failed as did resolutely sticking to the same turn style.

Im intrigued.
So what are you gonna do next time?   Indicate left when turning right?  Go anti-clockwise around a roundabout?  Speed up, instead of slowing down?  🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from the BBC live text feed.

Agree….…..it did get rather repetitive at times👍🐏

85'

Offside, Derby County. James Collins is caught offside.

49'

45'

39'

28’

Offside, Derby County. Nathaniel Méndez-Laing is caught offside.

27'

Offside, Derby County. Conor Hourihane is caught offside.

20'

13'

Offside, Derby County. Nathaniel Méndez-Laing is caught offside.

Yet same Lino allowed their player early in the second half who was clearly offside to run through and nearly score!! Consistency. The officials did not help us today, we should’ve had a pen, they should’ve been down to 10 men, but then to counter that if Hourihane had been sent off for that tackle wouldve had no complaints, definite red for me.

Anyone who's watched Derby play in the last 20 years will not be at all surprised by this result. Chance to put some breathing space between us and the chasing pack against a strong, disciplined side who we rarely beat.

It had disappointing draw or worse a defeat written all over it.

This result is by far from the disaster some are making out. I wish we looked more convincing at home though, it doesn't breathe confidence.

I think 4-3-3 is the way to go though.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Nothing changes.

We don't play great football. We have enough good players to win more than we lose.

Substitutions made too late. Bradley gives most people palpitations 

We look good enough for top 6.

We don't look good enough to finish top 2.

Am I still ok with my top half finish prediction?

2 hours ago, GeneralRam said:

And all Warne will do is come out and go “That’s football”. The clown needs to show some passion.

And spitting out his dummy in an interview would increase our points tally would it?

36 minutes ago, jono said:

While driving to the ground I got the biggest bird poo ever land splat on my screen. I wasn’t going to risk a “this is a sign” comment. Looks like I was right. It wasn’t. The lucky scarf from last week failed as did resolutely sticking to the same turn style. If we are going up it isn’t going to be via mystic portents.

Meh game, didn’t create enough. Momentary lack of concentration cost us. They were speedy and worked hard, we were ok but didn’t create enough. We were the better side but cracks are there and we need options. React against Exeter and all will be well.

They were a bit keen on the man handling and ref was less than helpful. 45 points up for grabs and no one behind us made any ground. Adams looks the business, he will make a difference. 

Baaarnsley did…

Drop points we have the usual Warne pile on from the same individuals talking about his tactics. Credit to Shrewsbury in their cup final, they made every ball a scrap and I’m impressed they managed that intensity for the whole game. We tried to play and were consistently stopped from doing so, then forced it at times and turned the ball over too regularly and easily. The switch to the back 4 second half helped we gained more control and in a game of few chances we created enough to win but didn’t get that second goal, a few if onlys Wilson hitting the bar, Collo in first half from the ward set piece was an inch wide at the most, a couple of dubious offsides and penalty shouts. Their goal came from nothing, i need to see it back but  Wilson and Mendez lose the ball trying to be too intricate (Nyambe would’ve possibly made a difference in that situation), but then their player has mishit the pull back causing Sibley to slide past the ball and it’s landed perfectly for him to finish it. Real shame thought Wilson had won it and there definitely should’ve been more than 6 minutes added time.

One of those games, we didn’t lose and are still second it’s just annoying that we couldn’t capitalise on our rivals slipping up. This is going to be one close promotion race. Right to the wire.

On the fans today, with the exception of the fans in the North Stand who flooded the exits when Shrewsbury equalised, I thought they were immense. South stand trying to get Paul Warne’s barmy army going all first half, the stadium came alive second half and were with the team (the majority) right to the end. Show frustration at final whistle by all means but the lads need that support every game now.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Drop points we have the usual Warne pile on from the same individuals talking about his tactics. Credit to Shrewsbury in their cup final, they made every ball a scrap and I’m impressed they managed that intensity for the whole game. We tried to play and were consistently stopped from doing so, then forced it at times and turned the ball over too regularly and easily. The switch to the back 4 second half helped we gained more control and in a game of few chances we created enough to win but didn’t get that second goal, a few if onlys Wilson hitting the bar, Collo in first half from the ward set piece was an inch wide at the most, a couple of dubious offsides and penalty shouts. Their goal came from nothing, i need to see it back but  Wilson and Mendez lose the ball trying to be too intricate (Nyambe would’ve possibly made a difference in that situation), but then their player has mishit the pull back causing Sibley to slide past the ball and it’s landed perfectly for him to finish it. Real shame thought Wilson had won it and there definitely should’ve been more than 6 minutes added time.

One of those games, we didn’t lose and are still second it’s just annoying that we couldn’t capitalise on our rivals slipping up. This is going to be one close promotion race. Right to the wire.

On the fans today, with the exception of the fans in the North Stand who flooded the exits when Shrewsbury equalised, I thought they were immense. South stand trying to get Paul Warne’s barmy army going all first half, the stadium came alive second half and were with the team (the majority) right to the end. Show frustration at final whistle by all means but the lads need that support every game now.

Pile on, valid criticism. Tomayto, tomarto.