Does Warne deserve the vitriol aimed at him?

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm sure some will follow you and not renew. Also quite a lot will continue to support Derby no matter what, If we go up this season we will remember it as a promotion season and celebrate it as such.

There was some really sh!7e games during the Arthur Cox promotion seasons tbh but by christ it was a fantastic period to be a Derby fan.

Enjoy it and get behind the team. We can make a difference at the match.

Absolutely spot on. We’ve won a lot of games this season and scored plenty of goals but I can’t honestly say I’ve enjoyed too many of them from a sporting spectacle. Too many games we’ve won I’ve thought phew, what a relief we managed to hang on. However, there is zero doubt that I will renew and continue to attend the games. For many, I suspect, once it’s in your blood it takes an awful lot to voluntarily give it all up.

17 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

Very different if Warne had us playing like West Ham in the top 7 of the Prem I don’t think anyone would be complaining.

He’s got us playing in the top 7 of the league we are currently competing in. Warne gets a lot of criticism (a good chunk of it justified) but not competing at the top end of the Premier League with Premier League players is a tad harsh. 😀

The issue isn’t that we want the prettiest football in the history of the game, it isn’t that we want to make Manchester City look like a bunch of crude lumpers. It is that we know that if our players were allowed to play to their strengths they could storm this league. The weaknesses and deficiencies are plain and obvious and are holding us back. So instead of cementing our position in the automatic places, we are preparing ourselves to be glad we scraped into the play-offs.

Credit us due that we are up there despite having controlled virtually none of our matches, but ignore the possibility that we are only still up near the top because League One is so weak.

Then we start slagging our midfield off for being powder-puff and easy for the opposition to go marauding through at will when Warne admits to setting midfield up to be powder-puff and easy to maraud through. And all the opposition have to do is play the tallest central defenders they’ve got and double up down the flanks and we are stuffed.

The issues are addressable but ignored so we continue to stutter when we should be motoring forwards.

But despite all this I will be there and I will be noisy, helping the South Standers make our support heard. And shouting at the ref!

COME ON YOU RAMS.

11 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Fair play to you for turning out watching Derby playing this standard of football week in week out where we cant even manage a shot on goal for 90 minutes (you guys with the statistics I’d be interested to know how many games this season that’s happened) in the poorest standard Div 1 probably ever 

But we are not failing to have a shot on goal week after week , we are right up with the top scorers 🤷‍♂️,

sometimes it’s good to have a break if your not enjoying watching your team , often it’s other factors that play into it to though

14 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Yes there will be fans that moan at anything that’s football I’m afraid but are you seriously telling me you are happy with the brand of football we are playing under Warne? I for one won’t be renewing my season ticket next season purely down to the fact the football to watch as a spectator is shi—e. Even if we go up it won’t change my mind, am sure there’s a few on here like you saying good riddance, problem is there’s quite a few more that will be following me 😢🤦‍♀️

This is the kind of thing I just don't get! My love of watching DCFC isn't conditional on what type of football we play, what type of manager we have, who the players are or what division we are playing in, it's like an unconditional love! If it's not that way for you then fair enough, but I'm guessing there are more people who just can't give it up! 

36 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So can we agree that it's ok to be critical of aspects of the team/play/performances, but that personal abuse of our manager ist verboten?

Of course.

That said the level of personal abuse of our manager that actually exists is massively overstated and topic names like this one fool people into thinking it's widespread, and that the nature of discussion on the forum has been abusive off the back of the previous result. See David's post earlier, avoided the forum, but really aside from one or two exchanges (of varying length) the discussions have been constructive. Exactly what the forum should be for.

(Some of the below is actually a little tongue in cheek and slightly exaggerated for effect, but some truth lies within!)

Then you get the posts trying to claim that there's a large swell of people who'll simply never like Warne whatever he achieves, which seems to be mainly from people who just have very low standards and see us getting promoted this season as some sort of miracle and have decided that it's an achievement that ranks up there with what Jim Smith or Billy Davies achieved! (It really really isn't) It's almost as if they've bought into the small club mentality. 

Plus the old "I see the moaners are coming out of the woodwork after a negative result" schtick, usually spouted by people who've actively been accusing negative posters of 'ruining the board' or similar by 'posting repetitive, boring rubbish' when we weren't playing well, essentially telling them their voice wasn't welcome - then acting like those dissenting voices are committing some sort of crime against Derby County when they speak up after a bad performance/result that's come about because of the issues they'd identified all those months ago, which still haven't been and show no signs of being rectified, or indeed any attempt to be.

That one always makes me laugh. You can't tell people to shut up and then slag them off for being quiet! It I do think there are some who just think the forum should be some utopia of positivity.

There's so lovely low-key 'I'm a better supporter than you' vibes at times too.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 hour ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Of course.

That said the level of personal abuse of our manager that actually exists is massively overstated and topic names like this one fool people into thinking it's widespread, and that the nature of discussion on the forum has been abusive off the back of the previous result. See David's post earlier, avoided the forum, but really aside from one or two exchanges (of varying length) the discussions have been constructive. Exactly what the forum should be for.

(Some of the below is actually a little tongue in cheek and slightly exaggerated for effect, but some truth lies within!)

Then you get the posts trying to claim that there's a large swell of people who'll simply never like Warne whatever he achieves, which seems to be mainly from people who just have very low standards and see us getting promoted this season as some sort of miracle and have decided that it's an achievement that ranks up there with what Jim Smith or Billy Davies achieved! (It really really isn't) It's almost as if they've bought into the small club mentality. 

Plus the old "I see the moaners are coming out of the woodwork after a negative result" schtick, usually spouted by people who've actively been accusing negative posters of 'ruining the board' or similar by 'posting repetitive, boring rubbish' when we weren't playing well, essentially telling them their voice wasn't welcome - then acting like those dissenting voices are committing some sort of crime against Derby County when they speak up after a bad performance/result that's come about because of the issues they'd identified all those months ago, which still haven't been and show no signs of being rectified, or indeed any attempt to be.

That one always makes me laugh. You can't tell people to shut up and then slag them off for being quiet! It I do think there are some who just think the forum should be some utopia of positivity.

There's so lovely low-key 'I'm a better supporter than you' vibes at times too.

Totally agree with this. I can't really remember any actual personal abuse directed at Warne on this board, it's all been comments about the football we play.

Anyway, let's all hope we get something positive to talk about at 5pm today.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

So can we agree that it's ok to be critical of aspects of the team/play/performances, but that personal abuse of our manager ist verboten?

That was never the question though.

It's not nearly as simplistic as that. 

7 hours ago, McArthur Park said:

This is the kind of thing I just don't get! My love of watching DCFC isn't conditional on what type of football we play, what type of manager we have, who the players are or what division we are playing in, it's like an unconditional love! If it's not that way for you then fair enough, but I'm guessing there are more people who just can't give it up! 

I take my hat off to you and it’s great that there’s more supporters out there the same, but me personally yes Derby County is my luv and I’ll never support anyone else come what may, but I turn up on a Saturday or Tuesday night to be entertained, if I’m not enjoying what I’m watching then rather than travel the 1 and a half hours I’d rather stay at home and unfortunately that’s what I’ll be doing next year and just pick the games out that I fancy watching. Sorry but watching Derby at the moment is not entertaining for me😢

7 hours ago, Archied said:

But we are not failing to have a shot on goal week after week , we are right up with the top scorers 🤷‍♂️,

sometimes it’s good to have a break if your not enjoying watching your team , often it’s other factors that play into it to though

Watched match against Reading, no attempt on target, watched today and up until Birds goal no attempt on target! Now if that’s entertainment I’m obviously watching the wrong sport. We were playing Cheltenham at home for christs sake! Fair play to all of you that watch through thick and thin but I’m not one of em 🙈

39 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Watched match against Reading, no attempt on target, watched today and up until Birds goal no attempt on target! Now if that’s entertainment I’m obviously watching the wrong sport. We were playing Cheltenham at home for christs sake! Fair play to all of you that watch through thick and thin but I’m not one of em 🙈

Just got back and we were dire today , we were poor v reading , my comment was in answer to you stating that us not having a shot on target was week in week out which is clearly not the case and very unfair on the manager and players ?
but as I say , I understand the bit about losing a bit of the spark from time to time , it happens to us all if as you clearly say you are a life long fan and will always be derby ,

best of luck and hope you come to a point where you want to be back watching your club and get the enjoyment back , it’s a long treck you have as do I ( from Surrey) and that coupled with life’s demands along with how you feel about the club at any given time can become a bit of a downer 🐏🥂

6 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Totally agree with this. I can't really remember any actual personal abuse directed at Warne on this board, it's all been comments about the football we play.

Anyway, let's all hope we get something positive to talk about at 5pm today.

We got the points…two good goals. That’s about it 😊

21 minutes ago, Archied said:

Just got back and we were dire today , we were poor v reading , my comment was in answer to you stating that us not having a shot on target was week in week out which is clearly not the case and very unfair on the manager and players ?
but as I say , I understand the bit about losing a bit of the spark from time to time , it happens to us all if as you clearly say you are a life long fan and will always be derby ,

best of luck and hope you come to a point where you want to be back watching your club and get the enjoyment back , it’s a long treck you have as do I ( from Surrey) and that coupled with life’s demands along with how you feel about the club at any given time can become a bit of a downer 🐏🥂

Totally get your post Archied it was just me getting very frustrated at the Derby County I am watching at the moment, yes I was over the top but I think todays game proves what I was getting at!! I totally respect the supporters that will watch through thick and thin unfortunately I am not one of them I want entertainment too.

Warne deserve plenty of criticism today, but also some praise.

Criticism for the dreadful tactics for the first 65 mins, praise for changing it around, putting 3 in midfield and those changes leading to 3 points.

Personally, I would prefer us to deploy a 4-3-3 as I think its the formation that suits what we have best.

However the 5-3-2 got us the points, so cant complain too much. 

31 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Totally get your post Archied it was just me getting very frustrated at the Derby County I am watching at the moment, yes I was over the top but I think todays game proves what I was getting at!! I totally respect the supporters that will watch through thick and thin unfortunately I am not one of them I want entertainment too.

I think we all want entertainment too but the lack of it at the moment won't stop a lot of us attending regardless. It's in your DNA yoof.

We've had one promotion since the Bald Eagle took us up in 96 and we didn't "play good football" then under Wee Billy.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of many seasons we played "good football" since we were relegated in 2001ish.

Burley's Playoff season. Obviously the season we lost to QPR in the final and much of the following season until the meltdown. Some of Lamps season.

So maybe 4 or 5 seasons out of about 22.

We can enjoy the results this season, even though the football isn't always great at times. That is better than most seasons in the last 25 years. And it's a reasonable recovery from nearly going bust and still being under a EFL business plan.

Edited by ariotofmyown