Does Warne deserve the vitriol aimed at him?

28 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I think in a nutshell fans would put up with this anti football if we go up but it’s a poor watch and if we do manage to go up some how we will be in a relegation. Battle for sure next season. If we actually tried to play football and had a game plan that wasn’t get a million crosses in to one player in the box Warne would get more slack from everyone.

Anti football??, sitting 11 men behind the ball , stopping the other team scoring with no effort to score yourself , constant fouls and time wasting, that’s anti football, we go out trying to win every game under warne and at times we leave ourselves open and if we are not on it we look poor, we don’t play anti football, we play a style YOU don’t like,

god this forum becomes a grind at times , lose a game and it’s the manger is garbage , every other player is garbage , every thread becomes a tool to trash our manager and fav scapegoat player 🤷🏻‍♂️🥲

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Anti football??, sitting 11 men behind the ball , stopping the other team scoring with no effort to score yourself , constant fouls and time wasting, that’s anti football, we go out trying to win every game under warne and at times we leave ourselves open and if we are not on it we look poor, we don’t play anti football, we play a style YOU don’t like,

god this forum becomes a grind at times , lose a game and it’s the manger is garbage , every other player is garbage , every thread becomes a tool to trash our manager and fav scapegoat player 🤷🏻‍♂️🥲

100%. The moaning disappears for weeks when we are winning AND playing well but as soon as we have a bad game AS ALL TEAMS DO up they pop like a fart in a phone box. 

36 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I think in a nutshell fans would put up with this anti football if we go up but it’s a poor watch and if we do manage to go up some how we will be in a relegation. Battle for sure next season. If we actually tried to play football and had a game plan that wasn’t get a million crosses in to one player in the box Warne would get more slack from everyone.

👏

For me I think an emotional response that can't be ignored is it's been/seemed a long stressful decline from the bright, happy, optimistic 2013/14 season. There's been so many false dawns and disappointments, and now there's a real new dawn and it's not very pretty! There's not even Didzy. As someone else put, there also seems to be no soul. Fans responses to our current situation can be a reflection of that. Just my opinion obvs. #COYR

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

I agree with you, Archied, in that we are too attacking most games, leaving ourselves too open to the counter-attack.

It's a totally different style to Rowett's were we did sit in and score on the counter.

I'd still like us to have a bit more control, though, even if that means taking our time on the build-up.

Warne's style seems to work best when we play against teams who are better than us, so we can do the counter-attacking. Alas, there are few of these teams at our level, and that is our biggest problem. 

21 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

It's certainly not a good idea to point vitriol at our manager when there is still much to play for. That's just barmy. But we can be clear on what we think success looks like and what we would expect to happen if that success was not achieved. That's not vitriol either, that's expectation. For me, he has to get us up this season - if that doesn't happen then my expectation would be he is not our manager at the start of next season.

You clearly unfairly prefer to reserve your vitriol for individual players , who are actually prisoners of the way Warne selects the team , the formation and tactics he employs. ( judging by some of your posts in other threads). Perhaps vitriol towards players is not a good idea when there is still much to play for  and given the limited choices we have.

19 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The entitlement comes from being Derby County with probably the biggest playing budget in the league but all that said to be trying to play a entertaining brand of football is a preference of mine personally- clearly the manager wasn’t to interested in the three cups we went out of so weakly at home in front of hardly anyone wanting to watch what was served up because they knew the opponents would be trying harder?

What a load of tosh 😂

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

100%. The moaning disappears for weeks when we are winning AND playing well but as soon as we have a bad game AS ALL TEAMS DO up they pop like a fart in a phone box. 

we have played very little football well in the last two seasons,people will put up with the dross while results go the right way,and moaning is pointless because we are getting points.when the points are coming and the football is dross,people who are not happy with it will call it out

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I agree with you, Archied, in that we are too attacking most games, leaving ourselves too open to the counter-attack.

It's a totally different style to Rowett's were we did sit in and score on the counter.

I'd still like us to have a bit more control, though, even if that means taking our time on the build-up.

Warne's style seems to work best when we play against teams who are better than us, so we can do the counter-attacking. Alas, there are few of these teams at our level, and that is our biggest problem. 

yet we defend with 11 in our box,with no outlet to relieve the pressure, eventually capitulating to late goals

29 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

yet we defend with 11 in our box,with no outlet to relieve the pressure, eventually capitulating to late goals

How much football do you watch? Virtually every team, particularly corners and set pieces brings everyone back to defend. It has certainly been the case at Derby since the Cox days. 

3 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

Some derby fans seem to be abit entitled. Same as forest fans. Both clubs have a very good history. But both have been crap for years yet think we should win everything and outplay every single team. Aslong as warne gets us out this bloody league i couldnt care less.

Even if a lack of forward planning and a style of play unsuited to the Championship sees us relegated straight back to this bloody league?

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

2 hours ago, DRBee said:

You clearly unfairly prefer to reserve your vitriol for individual players , who are actually prisoners of the way Warne selects the team , the formation and tactics he employs. ( judging by some of your posts in other threads). Perhaps vitriol towards players is not a good idea when there is still much to play for  and given the limited choices we have.

I don't think I unfairly reserve my vitriol, I fairly believe Conor Hourihane is not delivering for this team. Is he played out of position or in the wrong format? Well if I hire a plumber to do my electrics it doesn't matter, the fact is my electrics will be sub-standard and the plumber gets judged on that, not how good they are at plumbing.

Limited choices btw? We have a bigger squad than Peterborough, Bolton, Stevenage or Blackpool and definitely towards the top end in the division.

So you think we just clap every pass, even those that are intercepted, 'get behind the lads' (especially those that are prisoners) and then just go 'oh well, we gave it a go' when we come up short?

BTW - we agree there is much to play for, which is why it makes no sense to pile on Warne at this time. If he fails, that time will come. Before that, given we have to make the best of the playing squad we have, I see no issue raising concern if one of those players is not performing to a level needed.

2 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

That's also true. We're a bit schizophrenic, aren't we? 

1 hour ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Even if a lack of forward planning and a style of play unsuited to the Championship sees us relegated straight back to this bloody league?

When the players play how he wants them to , we look really dangerous. Its nothing new that we are generally very inconsistent.  

If we get out this league we'll get better players and the ones we already have thrive against better playing teams in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

When the players play how he wants them to , we look really dangerous. Its nothing new that we are generally very inconsistent.  

If we get out this league we'll get better players and the ones we already have thrive against better playing teams in my opinion.

All I'll say is I admire your level of faith in things going to plan.

It would be more understandable if we weren't 4 on the league,a few points behind the top spot and with a still admirable record over the past 13 games.

To be honest,I'd prefer us to play like we did in 2014 to 15 under Mac and we had a striker like CM again,but we are where we are and all that matters is to get promoted which warne has a track record of achieving.

I do think that warne as person grates some people on her (not me,I actually like the guy) and that's behind a lot of the negativity here....after all the football under Rooney was worse and took us to relegation but some on here who now hate warne still fawned all over him (cards on the table I couldn't bear the bloke)

Let's get behind him (you don't have to like him) and the team,get promoted and take another look once we are back in the league we should be in.

6 hours ago, Archied said:

I’ve not called anyone garbage thank you and one question ? Are you happy with the football served up this season?