Does Warne deserve the vitriol aimed at him?

7 hours ago, CodnorRam said:

Some derby fans seem to be abit entitled. Same as forest fans. Both clubs have a very good history. But both have been crap for years yet think we should win everything and outplay every single team. Aslong as warne gets us out this bloody league i couldnt care less.

Entitled? We are in the 3rd tier of English football and we can’t string 2 passes together. If we were outplaying teams and getting mugged on the break I don’t think anyone would be complaining and for the record I don’t want Warne sacked but I do want him to wake up to the fact our midfield balance has been wrong all season.

6 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

we have played very little football well in the last two seasons,people will put up with the dross while results go the right way,and moaning is pointless because we are getting points.when the points are coming and the football is dross,people who are not happy with it will call it out

And rightly so 🐑🐑

18 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

The Warne situation seems to be similar to Moyes at West Ham-A section of support decided long ago they were not having their style of Football despite the results/ position in the leagueAlways uner the surface but as soon as a defeat they rise to the top.

Very different if Warne had us playing like West Ham in the top 7 of the Prem I don’t think anyone would be complaining.

37 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Very different if Warne had us playing like West Ham in the top 7 of the Prem I don’t think anyone would be complaining.

That's the issue though isn't it.

I genuinely believe there would be fans whom would find something to moan at this scenario.

Which is the current problem in a nutshell. 

Not Warne. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I genuinely believe there would be fans whom would find something to moan at this scenario.

Not Warne. 

Absolutely-Not just our fans though-listening to 606 there's plenty of Arsenal fans ring in and moan about Arteta-

4 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

I’ve not called anyone garbage thank you and one question ? Are you happy with the football served up this season?

All of the quote was not aimed at you and such and such player was called garbage over the last few pages ,

yes I am happy with the way we are trying to play , I have watched some fantastic goals this season and great footballing passages of play that have not resulted in a goal , I have turned up at games and watched on rams tv in full knowledge we are going out 100% to try to WIN every game , I’ve been on the roller coaster for games we’ve won and lost that could have gone other way , I’ve never turned up knowing or thinking that we are going to be so scared of the opposition that we will try to turn out a turgid backs to the wall avoid defeat bore fest anti football mindset performance 🤷🏻‍♂️,

ive said before , im enjoying watching derby and going to games very much nowadays and I’ve watched us be champions of England twice with fantastic European cup nights at the bbg 

22 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Could possibly argue that results might not be better….but the football certainly could/would be.

Undoubtedly, but the prime objective for this season was to get promoted back into the championship. It could be argued that pretty football would designated as a 'nice to have' on the list of priorities. We talking L1 after all......

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not Warne. 

Yes there will be fans that moan at anything that’s football I’m afraid but are you seriously telling me you are happy with the brand of football we are playing under Warne? I for one won’t be renewing my season ticket next season purely down to the fact the football to watch as a spectator is shi—e. Even if we go up it won’t change my mind, am sure there’s a few on here like you saying good riddance, problem is there’s quite a few more that will be following me 😢🤦‍♀️

15 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Yes there will be fans that moan at anything that’s football I’m afraid but are you seriously telling me you are happy with the brand of football we are playing under Warne? I for one won’t be renewing my season ticket next season purely down to the fact the football to watch as a spectator is shi—e. Even if we go up it won’t change my mind, am sure there’s a few on here like you saying good riddance, problem is there’s quite a few more that will be following me 😢🤦‍♀️

If you’re not enjoying it then it makes sense not to renew and or go to games 🤷🏻‍♂️, I will be renewing and  the opposite of problematic is quite a few more will be following me and I’m willing to bet there will be new season ticket purchasers comming in too 

Edited by Archied

2 hours ago, Archied said:

If you’re not enjoying it then it makes sense not to renew and or go to games 🤷🏻‍♂️, I will be renewing and  the opposite of problematic is quite a few more will be following me and I’m willing to bet there will be new season ticket purchasers comming in too 

Fair play to you for turning out watching Derby playing this standard of football week in week out where we cant even manage a shot on goal for 90 minutes (you guys with the statistics I’d be interested to know how many games this season that’s happened) in the poorest standard Div 1 probably ever 

55 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Fair play to you for turning out watching Derby playing this standard of football week in week out where we cant even manage a shot on goal for 90 minutes (you guys with the statistics I’d be interested to know how many games this season that’s happened) in the poorest standard Div 1 probably ever 

You've got at least 8 fingers - why don't you count the number of times we've failed to score in all competitions?

I'll give you a clue - a Red Dog could count them on the digits of one hand.

3 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

I'm sure some will follow you and not renew. Also quite a lot will continue to support Derby no matter what, If we go up this season we will remember it as a promotion season and celebrate it as such.

There was some really sh!7e games during the Arthur Cox promotion seasons tbh but by christ it was a fantastic period to be a Derby fan.

Enjoy it and get behind the team. We can make a difference at the match.

7 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

I’ve had a quick look and in the league we’ve failed to score 4 times in 28 games.
We’ve scored 50 goals so far in the league, which makes us the third highest scorers behind Peterborough and Barnsley.

It looks like we’ve got the second best defence in the league having conceded 27, granted 3 others teams are joint first for defending having conceded only 25 (Portsmouth, Bolton, Stevenage) but we’re still doing ok there. 

We’re fourth in the league with only a few points separating the top sides, even with those around us having games in hand we’re still only another good run of results away from the autos.

It’s your right to do what you want with your time and if you want to give up your season ticket then fair enough. I’m not in a position to go every week, otherwise I’d take it off your hands, we lack control in games at times but this Derby team isn’t as bad as some make out in my limited view, we win more than we lose and we score goals, I’m a simple enough bloke that that’s better than not having a team to follow (I know others want more, that’s just my stance)

IMG_1592.jpeg

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

8 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Prior to us getting relegated from the Championship how many League 1 games did you watch?

You appear to know a great deal about the League that's all.

Got home from work on Tuesday, saw the result and thought, well bugger going on the forum for a few days. Seeing this topic title on my return, looks like a wise decision was made.

Kinda think it should be seen as a rhetorical question, which maybe the discussion shift back on to style of play suggests it is and we are all on the same abuse is bad page.

In fairness though, unless all the moderators had the same idea of staying away, I don't see this forum as being an abusive place, we have rules in place to prevent that.

We can't however outlaw overreactions, which I can only assume have taken place after one poor performance following a stupendous run of form which saw Warne awarded manager of the month.

I've seen comparisons with Clough Jnr in here, I see that, the divide amongst fans that will remain until the day he leaves. Battle lines have been drawn and the only way they will be erased is if Paul Warne wins the World Cup with Derby County.

There is one huge difference between the two though, not the bobble hat, Warne actually has us challenging for promotion and whilst he continues to do that, I'll happily buy him as many pints as he can handle.

Talking of which, leaving the house shortly, destination Derby. Looking forward to teaching the nephew how to drink and watching us play, if the result doesn't go our way, I'll probably have a little tut and head home with the intention of avoiding this place until the next game. Not because of the abuse, just the overreactions. 

pwwc.png

In some aspects no we are in the top 6 in other ways , yes he does: tactically inept, stubborn, poor formation where the CMs might as well stay at home. 

this season I think will either go two ways 

3rd - after a poor January, average feb and a good March to May 

8th - we totally capitulate after no more January signings, injuries galore and a dire three months. Resulting in Warne calling it a failure that is my responsibility, being dejected and handing in his resignation.