Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oxford. Oxford embarrassed themselves this evening.

Don’t tell that they are another team who are the worst in the league, sat one place behind us before tonight. We keep playing the worst team in the league every week - how come?

We absolutely battered them tonight especially 2nd half. Could it be we may be a better team than so many on here think?

36 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Been a day of surprises. Firstly, turns out RoyMac5 is actually a lady, then Derby give a promotion rival a two goal gift lead in 15 mins & storm back to win 2-3. These things inevitably come in threes so I'm expecting a statement confirming the Moon landings were fake shortly before midnight.

Massive kudos to the players for that turnaround but frankly, it would have been obscene if we hadn't have won - we were so much better than them throughout. Even between their first & second goal, we camped in their box for 5 mins with about 5 corners - they were there for the taking but easier said than done after the defensive brainfarts for their penalty & free kick.

Forsyth's goal was absolutely crucial, particularly the timing of it & Oxford's manner at the start of the second half was very much of a team that knew they were outclassed & needed to stem the flow by any means necessary. We went at them from the off and showed admirable patience, constantly recycling the ball but often just missing that final incisive ball - Kane Wilson had the best opportunity & really should have scored from 6 yards out. Thereafter, I thought we'd blown it but then on comes super Liam Thompson - my goodness, we've missed him. All of a sudden, the passes are crisp and the midfield energy returns - two beautiful crosses into the box later, we're 2-3 up and two LS12 Rams are going absolutely mental at the tellybox.

We're coming for you Pompy - Come on you mighty Rams 🖤🖤🖤🐏🐏🐏💪💪💪

image.gif.94ad40897ad2d5507d3bcd72bd4798d5.gif

17 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I think even if we hadn't won, even if we'd lost tonight, we'd have still walked away with our heads held high. We absolutely battered them, and that was one of those performances where I'd honestly have been ok with not winning. No shame in going down swinging. Definitely a strong amount of fight in this team that I think we lacked early on.

Credit to all involved. Players and Warne were spot on tonight.

I was thinking this just before Tommo scored, despite conceding two soft goals away to a top 6 side, we kept our heads and deserved something out of the game, even though we were losing. The team are usually criticised for not being able to perform against other top six sides, their performance tonight, even when losing, destroyed this argument.

But, then again, Oxford like Barnsley  and Peterborough before them, happened to have an 'off day' against us.😉