Derby vs Fleetwood Town

B4’s Sister

22 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Assuming you get through Customs @sage  ...

"Did you pack this suitcase yourself Sir?" <Thwack!> {sound of rubber glove being put on by Customs Official>

{Bead of sweat appears on Sage's forehead and starts to meander downwards...slowly} 😧

I'm grateful for any attention these days 

2 hours ago, sage said:

I'm grateful for any attention these days 

I know exactly what you mean… at Port Vale the other night the hi-viz brigade were going to town on every Derby fan prior to entry to ground doing full body searches for drugs/knives/flares/ etc. I had concealed about my person a can of coke & was ready to have it removed but when it came to the chap looked me up & down then said “you can go through”. For some reason, that disappointed me…clearly thought I was too senior to be dodgy I reasoned, as I snorted a line of coke* in the toilets minutes later 👀 

* I lied about snorting coke. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I know exactly what you mean… at Port Vale the other night the hi-viz brigade were going to town on every Derby fan prior to entry to ground doing full body searches for drugs/knives/flares/ etc. I had concealed about my person a can of coke & was ready to have it removed but when it came to the chap looked me up & down then said “you can go through”. For some reason, that disappointed me…clearly thought I was too senior to be dodgy I reasoned, as I snorted a line of coke* in the toilets minutes later 👀 

They waved me and my other half through, too, as I'd been giving them grief about the state of the away end underfoot with me on crutches! 

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

They waved me and my other half through, too, as I'd been giving them grief about the state of the away end underfoot with me on crutches! 

Yeah the portaloos were a joy even before the game, god only knows what they were like by the end.

22 hours ago, ossieram said:

Yeah, I do the same,  but for some reason it's not having it today. 

email the ticket office but don't forget to include fan ID, address and date of birth or they'll reply asking for that info. In fact they are so efficient, they sometimes reply asking for it even though you had put it in your original email 😉

19 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Tell me about it. Bournemouth, 2 season's ago. Empty yer pockets, everything in yer 'and. Everybody getting the old pat down. I got waved through. Ya dunt gerraway that easy Mr High Viz... I stood there, not moving along, not even an inch while I, nice and slowly, put all my stuff back into the correct pocket of the correct garment. As I walked past Mr HV, I smiled that knowing, satisfied smile and he smiled back knowing exactly what I'd done and why.

Pies at Bournemouth were very good as well.

On 29/11/2023 at 19:52, B4’s Sister said:

Good evening ladies and gents. It’s going to be another chilly night on 5th December for Derby v Fleetwood.

Difficult to raise any enthusiasm for this rather meaningless event. Wonder if the gate receipts would even cover the cost of switching the floodlights on ??

15 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Tell me about it. Bournemouth, 2 season's ago. Empty yer pockets, everything in yer 'and. Everybody getting the old pat down. I got waved through. Ya dunt gerraway that easy Mr High Viz... I stood there, not moving along, not even an inch while I, nice and slowly, put all my stuff back into the correct pocket of the correct garment. As I walked past Mr HV, I smiled that knowing, satisfied smile and he smiled back knowing exactly what I'd done and why.

Pies at Bournemouth were very good as well.

Wait.  Didn't you just delay any fellow Rams behind you, from entering the ground sooner?
It's not like you delayed the end of his shift, or gave him extra work to do.  He's not under pressure to ensure everyone is in before kick off.  I suspect he would have been equally smiley if you had taken another 15 minutes.  Was he shrugging his shoulders at the same time as smiling back at you?

What flavour pie did you have?

🤷‍♂️

On 01/12/2023 at 21:56, europia said:

Difficult to raise any enthusiasm for this rather meaningless event. Wonder if the gate receipts would even cover the cost of switching the floodlights on ??

Don’t worry Mel Morris is chained to a bicycle dynamo in the basement doing penance while B4 lectures him about transfer values. All part of our new sustainability measures carbon neutral plan. All will be well

On 02/12/2023 at 07:29, Mucker1884 said:

Wait.  Didn't you just delay any fellow Rams behind you, from entering the ground sooner?
It's not like you delayed the end of his shift, or gave him extra work to do.  He's not under pressure to ensure everyone is in before kick off.  I suspect he would have been equally smiley if you had taken another 15 minutes.  Was he shrugging his shoulders at the same time as smiling back at you?

What flavour pie did you have?

🤷‍♂️

Plenty of time for my fellow Rams to get in. We only had an allocation of 1500 or so and we were far from the first in.

Can't remember the pie flavour. Just that I remember it having been a tasty one.