Derby vs Fleetwood Town

B4’s Sister

On 01/12/2023 at 15:26, Ram@Lincoln said:

The one time my missus comes to an away game and she's subdued to a portaloo. There were no brownie points won that game!

By far the worst away end I've been to, (that I can remember at least). The crap elevation of the stand and 'facilities were beyond a joke.

No wonder the plastic Stokies wanted the prevoius away end to themseves.

Edited by Grumpy Git

On 30/11/2023 at 18:45, Ellafella said:

I know exactly what you mean… at Port Vale the other night the hi-viz brigade were going to town on every Derby fan prior to entry to ground doing full body searches for drugs/knives/flares/ etc. I had concealed about my person a can of coke & was ready to have it removed but when it came to the chap looked me up & down then said “you can go through”. For some reason, that disappointed me…clearly thought I was too senior to be dodgy I reasoned, as I snorted a line of coke* in the toilets minutes later 👀 

* I lied about snorting coke. 

It was whiz,,,,,, bloody cheapskate 

I find it embarrassing that a club of our stature is involved in this competition but I find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

I'll never want my club to lose, but I think winning the thing would just be shouting out from the rooftops of our current predicament.

It's a joke of a competition designed to give some of the 'smaller' clubs recognition and the chance of a modicum of glory, but for those 'bigger' clubs that are involved; winning it would merely serve as a reminder just how bad things have become.

It would have been better for all concerned if we had gone out in the group stages, but due to our poor form a the time; PW felt obliged to pick a fairly strong side in the group stages and we qualified.

Attendances are always a fair meter of just how much we care about the competition and we'll be lucky if the attendance tonight hits 5 figures.

11 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

I find it embarrassing that a club of our stature is involved in this competition but I find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

I'll never want my club to lose, but I think winning the thing would just be shouting out from the rooftops of our current predicament.

It's a joke of a competition designed to give some of the 'smaller' clubs recognition and the chance of a modicum of glory, but for those 'bigger' clubs that are involved; winning it would merely serve as a reminder just how bad things have become.

It would have been better for all concerned if we had gone out in the group stages, but due to our poor form a the time; PW felt obliged to pick a fairly strong side in the group stages and we qualified.

Attendances are always a fair meter of just how much we care about the competition and we'll be lucky if the attendance tonight hits 5 figures.

It's a competition we're eligible to enter, so try to win it or progress as far as possible.

Potentially winning the LDV Vans/Johnston paints/pizza cup/Swis Tony's quality used cars trophy is a reality of being in League 1.

I'm not excited by the competition but I'm not distressed that we're in it.

25 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Winners of this competition in the last 20 years include: Blackpool, Swansea, Luton, Southampton, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Bolton. All have been in the Premier League since we were last there. It's not exactly a terrible list to be on.

Other winners in that time include: Peterborough, Bristol City, Barnsley, Coventry, Rotherham.

1 hour ago, CongletonRam said:

And that is my point. Even the club accept that fans will be voting on their feet.

Yet, should we get to Wembley in this competition, there'll still be 40K wanting tickets. Me included and, as an expat, I will have only seen the lead up games on #RamsTV using my subscription.