Pro Warne

Jram

10 hours ago, JPRamFan said:

I was looking at our last 16 fixtures, 9 at home and 7 away. If we can win 10 of those and draw 2 or 3, that would put us on 90+ points. I think that would be enough for automatic. I believe it's doable, but still a long way to go.

My take is that's unlikely to be quite enough to get over the line. We're only third at the moment (on ppg) so have to outperform one of Bolton and Portsmouth while keeping ahead of teams immediately chasing. Both Bolton and Portsmouth are above 2ppg, which suggests the second automatic place is going to be in the range of 93-96 points. So we need to win at least 11 of the last 16; 12 wins would be nice.

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

My take is that's unlikely to be quite enough to get over the line. We're only third at the moment (on ppg) so have to outperform one of Bolton and Portsmouth while keeping ahead of teams immediately chasing. Both Bolton and Portsmouth are above 2ppg, which suggests the second automatic place is going to be in the range of 93-96 points. So we need to win at least 11 of the last 16; 12 wins would be nice.

I’m inclined to agree however, it’s worth noting that Portsmouth had a great start to the season (2.2 ppg for their first 10 games I think) but not so great for the last ten games (ppg 1.5 I think). Whilst we’re the opposite 1.7ppg for our first ten games but 2.2 for our most recent ten games. 

So Portsmouth’s ppg is gradually declining whilst ours is improving. Will those trends continue. . 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bolton's fixture congestion could be a problem. They arguably have the toughest final 6 games of the season - 3 teams battling for promotion (Portsmouth, Peterborough and Stevenage) as well as 2 sides giving it their all to atay up (Reading and Port Vale). The other is a tough away game at Bristol Rovers.

Peterborough still in the EFL Trophy too. With their tiny squad, fatigue will likely hit at some point. They also have a very young squad and it wouldn't be the first time nerves get the better of them.

I think it'll be close between the top 4. All may even end up between 90 and 95, but I'm doubtful anyone will get more than that.

22 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we can beat them both as well…. Can’t see us getting anything away at Pompey- we really don’t have a good record there…. And they are back to their best… their recruitment in the window was superb and Lang seems to be on fire….

Bolton at home ????? Who knows…

22 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Peterborough still in the EFL Trophy too. With their tiny squad, fatigue will likely hit at some point. They also have a very young squad and it wouldn't be the first time nerves get the better of them.

I think it'll be close between the top 4. All may even end up between 90 and 95, but I'm doubtful anyone will get more than that.

Plays right into our hands. Our old boys are absolutely peerless in pressure -cooker situ.....oh, er.......hang on........

On 04/02/2024 at 20:23, Carl Sagan said:

I'd largely agree. 94 points would be my guess. 11 wins 2 draws 2 defeats, agreed that 12 would be nice and maybe title winning with a draw or two. 

Warne’s DCFC
As free as the wind blows
As free as the grass grows
Warne’s DCFC to follow your heart

Live DCFC
And beauty surrounds you
The world still astounds you
Each time you look at a star

Stay DCFC
Where no walls divide you
You're free as a roaring tide so there's no need to hide

Warne’s DCFC
And life is worth living
But only worth living
'Cause you're Warne’s DCFC

Stay free
Warne’s DCFC
And life is worth living
But only worth living

Results have obviously dropped off a bit since we played Oxford. However, every team will have a bad spell, just like they'll have an exceptional spell. Since our poor start, we've been a top 2 side. As our squad continues to return from a range of injuries, I have no doubt that our form will improve again. 

image.thumb.png.e6f608a9e1addc7f36f06a8300cc48d1.png

But it all continues in another thread with all the webs they have spun and continue to spin.

Up Paul Warne…..Wooooo! 🐏

Wooooowooooowoooowooo
Wooooowooooowoooowooo
All this frustration
I can't meet all my desires
Strange conversation
Self control has just expired
All an illusion
Only in my head you don't exist
Who are you foolin'
Don't need a shrink or an exorcist
Lalalala
lalalala
lalalala
la
Wooooowooooowoooowooo
Show me the movie of who you are and where you're from
Warne of frustration
Caught upon the webs you spun
Where's ther confusion
A vision of what life is like
Show the movie that does't deal in black and white
Talk talk talkin 'bout who's to blame
But all that counts in how to change
Stop stop talkin 'bout who's to blame
When all that counts in how to change
Lalalala
lalalala
lalalala
la
All this frustration
All this frustration
Who put round eyes on a butterfly's wings
All this frustration
All this frustration
Who gave the leopard spots and taught the birds to sing
Warne of frustration
Warne of frustration
Wooooowooooowoooowooo
Wooooowooooowoooowooo
I'm living in the weeds where nothing is the way it seems
Where no one is who they need to be
Where nothing seems that real to me
'Bout time we filled our lives
Upon the walls of gold no solid ground
The world is spinnin' endlessly
We're clinging to our own beliefs
Warne of frustration
Warne of frustration

Wooooowooooowoooowooo
Wooooowooooowoooowooo

7 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Warne’s DCFC
As free as the wind blows
As free as the grass grows
Warne’s DCFC to follow your heart

Live DCFC
And beauty surrounds you
The world still astounds you
Each time you look at a star

Stay DCFC

Warne’s DCFC
And life is worth living
But only worth living

Stay free
Warne’s DCFC
And life is worth living
But only worth living

Never change, Inverurie! 

Is he really going out with 3-5-2?
"Well, there he is, let's ask him"
"Warney, is that Sonny’s ring you're wearing?"
"Mmm-hmm"
"Gee, it must be great riding with him"
"Is he picking you up after the game today?"
"Mmm-mmm"
"By the way, where did you meet him?"

I met him at the candy store
He turned around and smiled at me
You get the picture
"Yes, we see"
That's when I fell for the three men at the back.

The big games against the likes of Barnsley, Pompey and Bolton will determine our fate. Especially the latter at home as that will likely turn out to be the real six pointer between 2nd and 3rd.

Warne’s record in the big games is notoriously poor.

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The big games against the likes of Barnsley, Pompey and Bolton will determine our fate. Especially the latter at home as that will likely turn out to be the real six pointer between 2nd and 3rd.

Lets stick to facts. The games against  our top 6 rivals MAY settle our fate. We could lose them all and still end up top two, as there are so many other games for the teams involved. 

Your steady dripping of poison is very tedious and bears no relation to the results/points we are currently achieving.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Our form at home ain't really all that.

Our better moments this season (of which last night was one) mainly seem to happen away from PP.