Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

6 hours ago, Srg said:

Legs have gone. Can blame Warne all you want re style and instructions, but when your legs go you just do whatever’s easiest because you ain’t got it anymore. 

Yes and no.

You can make it easier for the player tactically. If hoofing is the easiest option and you don't want that then you can tactically set up the team and coach the team that their is a different default. And you play them where their current capabilities lay.

Hourihane has never looked the absolutely most comfortable playing the deepest midfield role. He's too peripheral, hasn't got the best tactical awareness and is only ok under serious pressure with the ball.

He's not got the legs for serious midfield running anymore but he can still be a difference maker in final 3rd, so... use him as that and don't expect from him what he can't do.

5 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Yes and no.

You can make it easier for the player tactically. If hoofing is the easiest option and you don't want that then you can tactically set up the team and coach the team that their is a different default. And you play them where their current capabilities lay.

Hourihane has never looked the absolutely most comfortable playing the deepest midfield role. He's too peripheral, hasn't got the best tactical awareness and is only ok under serious pressure with the ball.

He's not got the legs for serious midfield running anymore but he can still be a difference maker in final 3rd, so... use him as that and don't expect from him what he can't do.

Problem is, he can't move with the ball anymore. He dances round it like it's a free kick whenever he's got it under control. Literally like Savage used to.

4 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

f*** that.

That's lower than our current ppg of 1.5. 

At a bear minimum I'd be demanding 10 points. Looking at the opposition that should be eminently possible.

That's not happened so far though has it? This is such a limited league, lots of very average teams. It's just that we are one of the average ones!

8 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

f*** that.

That's lower than our current ppg of 1.5. 

At a bear minimum I'd be demanding 10 points. Looking at the opposition that should be eminently possible.

Derby 0 Cambridge 0

Cheltenham 1 Derby 1

Shrewsbury 1 Derby 0

Derby 2 Exeter 0

Stevenage 3 Derby 1

Looking at the above opposition It would have been eminently possible to get 15 points, We didn't of course because our players either have a soft underbelly, Are not physical enough, Have a manager that is not getting the best out of what some say is the best squad in this division, Have a manager that is more focussed on the away team than his own team, The players have given up hope on the tactics of the manager, The manager has bitten off more than he can chew.

In summery PWs post match interview at Stevenage said a lot about his attitude to the pressure of managing DCFC, Expectation by us the fans and PW himself shows being at the head of a much bigger club than Rotherham(no disrespect)brings with it problems that he's not used to.

DC said he had a "duty of care" to Rosenior when not keeping him here, Where's his duty of care to the fans 😉

Slept on it and then slept on it again. I’m all for stability as I think it pays of in the end but I was wavering last week and I still am this week, but the doubts are growing.  He seems be acting a bit like a desperate man with no plan.  4 RWB’s in 35 mins on Saturday.  Surely, there’s no way on earth they planned that!!  And a RB at LWB and NML playing about 3 different positions.

He seems to losing the fans at a rapid rate of knots. And his interviews are becoming a bit tetchy, partly because Dom, quite rightly, is asking challenging questions rather than trying be his mate. I’ve listened to Saturdays post match on the podcast and it reminded me a bit of Phil Brown at the end of his reign.

Cant say I’d be surprised, or if I’m honest totally disappointed, if he did go.

31 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’d personally set the following target  In the next five games 7 points minimum anything less he’s gone 

I assume 5 league games, rather than counting Crewe and Wolves U21 towards the total. In the next 5 games, we play sides who are currently 5th 13th, 16th, 20th and 24th in the table. We shouldn't be settling for anything less than 9 points from those.

6 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Yes and no.

👏👏

That last line is very “Brian Clough”, and if I recall correctly he knew a thing or two about football.

38 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Slept on it and then slept on it again. I’m all for stability as I think it pays of in the end but I was wavering last week and I still am this week, but the doubts are growing.  He seems be acting a bit like a desperate man with no plan.  4 RWB’s in 35 mins on Saturday.  Surely, there’s no way on earth they planned that!!  And a RB at LWB and NML playing about 3 different positions. He seems to losing the fans at a rapid rate of knots. And his interviews are becoming a bit tetchy, partly because Dom, quite rightly, is asking challenging questions rather than trying be his mate. I’ve listened to Saturdays post match on the podcast and it reminded me a bit of Phil Brown at the end of his reign.

Cant say I’d be surprised, or if I’m honest totally disappointed, if he did go.

Warne already does the 'Phil Brown stuff' anyway! But the chaotic second half was typical Warne, how are the players meant to deal with that?

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I assume 5 league games, rather than counting Crewe and Wolves U21 towards the total. In the next 5 games, we play sides who are currently 5th 13th, 16th, 20th and 24th in the table. We shouldn't be settling for anything less than 9 points from those.

I was being conservative if he’s unable to get that then he’s definitely gone. Personally with my flippant attitude towards our club at present I’d hope he was packing away his coffee machine and ceremonial mugs as we speak