Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

Everybody saying sacking manager after manager under morris got us to this point. I’d say more on the lines the stupid player ck tracts got us into the mess. Butterfields and Johnson’s on 30 grand a week. Spending 3 million on Blackman who had 6 months contract left was ridiculous. We got roughly 7 million for rowett and lampard that pays for the other managers. 

the only manager we shouldn’t of sacked was McLaren the second time round and clement when we were 5th 

On 21/10/2023 at 17:50, Sparkle said:

Have we improved on the football pitch in any way since he arrived? I don’t think so and we are very easy to play against 

when was the last time you heard the crowd cheering especially at Pride Park ? 
For me I have seen some good and very good players leaving to be replaced by inferior quality which is no surprise as the manager just described us a being too pretty at times and clearly doesn’t like that side of the game - you know the entertainment bit 

At the start if most, if not all home matches - we hit it with gusto but increasingly quickly in each match the performance stifles any enthusiasm whatsoever, and one by one we turn into librarians.

9 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Stop being deliberately obtuse.

Most people anti-Warne would have their say and leave it at that, if not for the constantly having shade thrown their way and needing to defend their position from people who can't hear a bad word said about him without getting upset.

The repeating it every 5 minutes bit is caused by the 'pickers' the trolls and the WUMs, as the (relatively) quiet and argument free week leading up to yesterday's game showed.

I'm not being deliberately obtuse, if you're going to call my posts silly then of course I will defend my post and point out that you're making assumptions about it that are incorrect. 

There's a thread set up today called 'Pro Warne' guess what is is full of? 

Nothing to do with pickers, WUMs or trolls, just posters taking another opportunity to tell us they are anti Warne.

22 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I know I've replied twice to this comment so apologies, but now I e answered your question I'm going to flip it around. 

At what point will the 'Give him timers' run out of patience?

After another 3 months.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not being deliberately obtuse, if you're going to call my posts silly then of course I will defend my post and point out that you're making assumptions about it that are incorrect. 

Nothing to do with pickers, WUMs or trolls, just posters taking another opportunity to tell us they are anti Warne.

I called part of your post silly and I stick by that. My assumption I feel is one that most would make. If you're talking about something that's been said away from this forum you need to state where it was said. Everyone on here can read what's posted on the forum, they can't read your mind and there's far less chance they've read whatever it is you've read on Facebook or Twitter.

The pro-Warne thread?

It was a thread asking if anyone is still pro Warne. Every opportunity for those who are to state why that's the case. 

Nowhere did it say the thread was set up exclusively for those still pro-Warne to comment. What it's "full of" is people giving their opinions, as they were asked to do.

Most of the replies seem to be from people who want/wanted to give him time but who've very recently changed their mind, and then them explaining why that's happened.

If that's the overwhelming feeling of posters on then then fair play to them for speaking up. 

27 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I called part of your post silly and I stick by that. My assumption I feel is one that most would make. If you're talking about something that's been said away from this forum you need to state where it was said. Everyone on here can read what's posted on the forum, they can't read your mind and there's far less chance they've read whatever it is you've read on Facebook or Twitter.

The pro-Warne thread?

It was a thread asking if anyone is still pro Warne. Every opportunity for those who are to state why that's the case. 

Nowhere did it say the thread was set up exclusively for those still pro-Warne to comment. What it's "full of" is people giving their opinions, as they were asked to do.

Most of the replies seem to be from people who want/wanted to give him time but who've very recently changed their mind, and then them explaining why that's happened.

If that's the overwhelming feeling of posters on then then fair play to them for speaking up. 

And I will stick by my point that is it silly to think I'm referring to this forum when I state 'the fans'.

Also I think saying 'on this forum and Facebook' gives a good clue as to where I read the views.

With your last few paragraphs I think you've unknowingly just confirmed the point that I was making in the first place. Cheers.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

With your last few paragraphs I think you've unknowingly just confirmed the point that I was making in the first place. Cheers.

Nice try, but nope.

It only proves what I've said about naturally occuring conversations and people not just randomly coming out with anti-Warne stuff without something to trigger it.

Edited by Kokosnuss

56 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

People like you!!! Who the hell do you think you are

I think I'm someone who knows nothing like you. So I don't say things like 'we can't afford' or 'he is going nowhere' I don't know if we can afford to sack him or not and neither do you. I don't know if we are going to sack him or not and neither do the people who say he is going nowhere as if its a fact, rather than their totally uninformed opinion. The only people who actually know the answers to these questions don't talk publicly about it because they are professionals and we will just have to wait and see what happens

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

It’s funny when you think about it isn’t it. You moaned about posters making the same point about Warne over and over again (perhaps valid), were dragged into a discussion about it and have now made the same point over and over again about people making the same point over and over again. 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

It’s funny when you think about it isn’t it. You moaned about posters making the same point about Warne over and over again (perhaps valid), were dragged into a discussion about it and have now made the same point over and over again about people making the same point over and over again. 

True, I'm going to go on numerous other threads now and do the same thing.

5 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Been supporting since 1968. Seen the lot from ecstasy to despair. This could be my last season ticket. Not because of Warne or Clowes or our current style of play but because of our toxic and frankly moronic minority of supporters who try to hound managers and players out of the club. ( I mean constantly hiring and firing managers has worked so well for us over the last 10 years)..if social media existed in 1995 Jim Smith would have been getting crucified. We were about 6 from bottom at this stage of his promotion season. 

Only 1 manager has been sacked since Mac was sacked 6.5 years ago. I don't think you'll find many who disagreed with Cocu being shown the door.

The problem isn't having a different manager every season. It's hiring managers with no clear idea of how they will work woth the existing squad. It was this which lead to a bloated wage bill, as several signings were needed each year to allow us to change style, without being able to sell unwanted players.

Whilst the wage bill is now being responsibly managed, we cannot make all of the changes required to the playing squad to allow Warne to get the squad he needs to make his system work. The appointment of Warne was a very poor one because he isn't as adaptable as he thinks/claims.

A decision should have been made on what style of play is to be expected from the first team. We have heard it from the academy that they're being couched to play a certain way. You should be able to take any freeze frame of the game and tell "that's Derby" depending on of we're defending, attacking, in transition, etc... We should recruit based off that desired style of play. By doing so, you reduce the risk of an appointment going wrong.

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It will carry on just the same as it has for the last 40 years, regardless of division or results.

We've had many ups and downs during that period and I assume we will continue to have in the future.

I've just started taking my kids and I'm actually quite happy they are starting out watching us in the third tier (as I did) as in my opinion it makes you enjoy the highs, which will inevitably come in time, even more.

Its sad to see how quickly fans have turned on Warne and it appears are starting to turn on Clowes. I certainly wouldn't want them lot in the trenches with me.

Well hopefully they will have a promotion  to celebrate this season or next! I dont think fans are turning on Clowes - if so they are not fans