Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

Having seen the highlights for the first  time, I think there was a strong case for Shrewsbury's goal to be ruled out for offside. There was one of their players clearly offside on the line, behind Wildsmith, who interfered with Elder's attempt to block the shot, but it's hardly surprising that the clown of a referee and his equally inadequate assistants didn't agree.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Tell us then what Derby is like playing under Warne….in your own words 😊

Like a league1 club battling to get promoted from league 1, players very inconsistent, seen some dross , seen some cracking goals , seen some really good passages of play , seen us not be able to string two passes together, it’s competitive football at league 1 level , it’s not a play or a film , it’s not scripted, I go from head in hand to out my seat cheering and back again 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

16 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Isn’t this the argument some are making though? We can’t seem to impose ourselves on games with any consistency. The repeated shouts that this is a poor league/standard read sometimes as an attempt to blame the other participants for our inability to finish them off!

The team isn’t good enough to do that consistently. Clearly. And it doesn’t look like anyone else can. It can for periods in games it managed to do so from Nov to early Jan but since turn of the year we’ve dipped and it’s a bit of a grind. A few injuries in there haven’t helped.

Shrewsbury were hell bent on stopping us yesterday played with aggression and they did their jobs well. It’s the way it goes sometimes.

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think the players need to take a lot of responsibility for yesterday too. Shrewsbury are bang average and yesterday was a nailed on three points if the players had just a little imagination. Neither Sibley nor Ward are quick enough to knock the ball past defenders and cross it. However a quick wall pass with the midfield should get them in a crossing position.

We all know Ward is the best crosser of a ball in the club but other than a sublime free kick, he didn’t fashion an opportunity.

He is experienced enough to work out that without his crossing he’s nothing but he couldn’t change it.

Agree to an extent but I think a key issue we have is off the ball movement and players making themselves available.

I think that is largely something that is coached - filling gaps, knowing where to be etc.

If the entire “unit” of a side looks bad at one time it’s hard to pinpoint it to individuals in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Neither Sibley nor Ward are quick enough to knock the ball past defenders and cross it.

This^^. Almost broke my hand bashing the barrier in front of me when both checked back and passed sideways/backwards for the umpteenth time when they had acres of space in front of them down the wing.

Just now, Archied said:

Like a league1 club battling to get promoted from league , players very inconsistent, seen some dross , seen some cracking goals , seen some really good passages of play , seen us not be able to string two passes together, it’s competitive football at league 1 level , it’s not a play or a film , it’s not scripted, I go from head in hand to out my seat cheering and back again 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you are enjoying watching it great Archied, good for you. Some will agree with you, other fans like me don’t. That’s all part of supporting the 🐏 😊

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Shrewsbury were hell bent on stopping us yesterday played with aggression and they did their jobs well. It’s the way it goes sometimes.

One could say that of any team that comes to PP. meet aggression with aggression, no? Isn’t that what PWs ‘chaos’ football is meant to be? We had one player imposing himself yesterday. I love Adam’s and his energy already, but the rest need to join in too.

13 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

One could say that of any team that comes to PP. meet aggression with aggression, no? Isn’t that what PWs ‘chaos’ football is meant to be? We had one player imposing himself yesterday. I love Adam’s and his energy already, but the rest need to join in too.

Yes, Adam’s doesn’t take a backward step. We shouldn’t expect great things from a creative perspective but he will allow others to flourish.

No coincidence that Bird has played well in the past two games.

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes, Adam’s doesn’t take a backward step. We shouldn’t expect great things from a creative perspective but he will allow others to flourish.

No coincidence that Bird has played well in the past two games.

I watched Bird in the first half and wasn’t that impressed to be honest. Typically, his goal will make me a liar! 🙄

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

As long as you don’t ignore the fact we are second in the league and that you wouldn’t be here today if we had won despite a below par performance. Furthermore I don’t buy into the over simplistic notion that a manager is always to blame for a poor performance. 

That’s where you’ve got it totally wrong Eatonram, if we had held out for a win yesterday I think most would still be on here because of the level of performance! Yes I agree Warne is not all to blame but he employs the tactics and the self belief in the players to get them going out there as winners. 

30 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Last season we were beating teams at home convincingly 3 or 4-0 now we mainly grind out wins even though the quality of the league has got poorer 

Maybe the league being poorer encourages these teams to get better at being poor , digging in and spoiling games 🤷🏻‍♂️

39 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Last season we were beating teams at home convincingly 3 or 4-0 now we mainly grind out wins even though the quality of the league has got poorer 

Hmmm, we had a good spell in middle of season when McGoldrick had a purple patch and we were scoring a couple of early goals and it was gameover.

Apart the top 3 who went up, not sure the rest of the league has got poorer/changed too much. It might mean we are 2nd now rather than 5th, but not quite sure that things have changed in our home performances vs last season.

Edited by ariotofmyown