Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is us not Man Utd!

"Rangnick came to some pretty clear conclusions, his first public assessment coming in March 2022, just before a 4-1 defeat at Manchester City.

What is obvious, not only with Manchester City but also with Liverpool, is they have had continuity and consistency with their head coach, have a very clear identity and a clear idea of how they want to play," he said.

This idea is the headline for everything that happens in the club. This is the secret behind their success. It is what all the top clubs in Europe have in common. It is something that Manchester United needs to develop and improve in the next couple of years."

What will our 'continuity and consistency with their head coach, have a very clear identity and a clear idea of how they want to play' be with Warne at the head?

Continuity with HEAD coach.......

I don't know what happens at Liverpool (other than they brought a throw in coach on board) but would I be right in thinking that Pep at City and Sir Alec at Utd have/had bit of a revolving door when it comes to coaches to bring fresh ideas in?

Again, I can't say for certain what happens with top international teams but I'm sure I've heard several times during the rugby world cup and cricket world cup that 'attack coaches', 'spin coaches' or 'fitness coaches' etc would be leaving at the end of the world cup.

I've nothing against Warne's backroom staff but why do lower league managers have to be velcroed to their mates for eternity?

Edited by Ian Buxton's Bat

12 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I really wonder what the Warne Outers actually want to happen. 
Obviously most want Warne sacked. I think we know that means his “team of staff” will also have to go and all be paid off. 
So then what? Appoint a rookie like eg Curtis Davies or experienced manager? (Like Warne ironically). How long a contract? Will we allow them to complete their contract? How soon do we “expect” promotion? 
People keep clamouring for more change and yet “change” has hardly ever delivered results. We sacked Roy Mac and appointed TBE. that DID work but not before loads of fans wanted him sacked by September. 
So now lease one of the vocal Warne outers WTF do you want to happen right now. 

Sack Warne and hire someone with a better brand of football. If I could see any sort of progress being made I wouldn't want him gone... but we seem to be going backwards.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warne is a poor technical coach. There is no future with him that leads to success.

But Clowes is seemingly making his stand.

He got rid of Rosenior which was a huge error, but one Clowes is reluctant to admit by doubling down and sticking with Warne.

It’s one of these for me:

1) Genuinely believes that the biggest takeaway from the Mel era was that chopping and changing managers constantly was the problem, as opposed to just hiring bad ones (which was the problem)

2) He can’t afford to sack him, which is troubling in itself because that’s something you really need to be able to afford in order to run a football club…

3) He is publicly backing him but has different thoughts privately (a bit like @Duracellwas suggesting)

4) He is quite happy to let us go through years of being a League One club because a League One Derby County is something he can afford to run, as opposed to a Championship one.

33 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Obviously most want Warne sacked. I think we know that means his “team of staff” will also have to go and all be paid off. 
So then what? Appoint a rookie like eg Curtis Davies or experienced manager? (Like Warne ironically). How long a contract? Will we allow them to complete their contract? How soon do we “expect” promotion? 
People keep clamouring for more change and yet “change” has hardly ever delivered results. We sacked Roy Mac and appointed TBE. that DID work but not before loads of fans wanted him sacked by September. 
So now lease one of the vocal Warne outers WTF do you want to happen right now. 

i want us to play football

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

1) Genuinely believes that the biggest takeaway from the Mel era was that chopping and changing managers constantly was the problem, as opposed to just hiring bad ones (which was the problem)

2) He can’t afford to sack him, which is troubling in itself because that’s something you really need to be able to afford in order to run a football club…

3) He is publicly backing him but has different thoughts privately (a bit like @Duracellwas suggesting)

4) He is quite happy to let us go through years of being a League One club because a League One Derby County is something he can afford to run, as opposed to a Championship one.

Or he wants to give him time. We're 5 points off the playoffs with 2 games in hand. We are poor but we're in October. The season can be salvaged.

41 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Personally, it's for us to actually carry out the plan we had in place before we raised expectations by appointing Warne.

Build the club sustainably with an eye on the future, employ a progressive manager with room for growth.

Build a team with a a good mix of youth and experience and implement an identity and a forward-thinking style of play which, through good coaching, helps to make the younger players better footballers whilst making proper use of the experience within the squad.

It was never supposed to be a quick fix. We were supposed to take the rough with the smooth, a bit of short term pain for a happier future. We chucked that in the bin, at least in the eyes of many fans, when Warne came in.

The problem is that I don't think we actually can go back to that now, at least not easily, because anyone who does eventually replace Warne will have the expectation placed on their shoulders to be 'better' than him, and quickly, especially by those who think Warne should carry on.

That said it appears that the powers that be still sort of hold that ambition and believe Warne can deliver all of the above, and will give him the time to do so even though the weight of evidence suggest that he won't be able to. Ultimately they'll either be proven right, or it'll be a costly mistake.

Edited by Kokosnuss

19 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Build the club sustainably with an eye on the future,

You know that takes time right?

hardly a patient lot are we?

i agree with your point, but the last manager that was given the time to do exactly as u say… clough, and he did still gets chastised for his spell here being dull and boring

we cant have it both ways 

Building something takes time and patience which there naff all of either around here 

Edited by NottsRam77

39 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Regarding 4. He won't be able up afford a league 1 club if he sticks with Warne and the attendances drop. It was 24K last week. I wouldn't be surprised if it soon gets down to the 21K mark.

I'm not a firestarter, I try not to be a boo boy and I'm definitely not a fervent happy clapper. I'm just a regular supporter, always proud and cheering for my team and like the more fickle among us I get quiter when it's s*** and louder when it's great.

Well unfortunately I'm going quiet, very quiet. I've actually already stopped tracking our fixtures and results now. I literally can't be bothered. Warne has a small club mentality and an incapacity to work in a different way to what he knows. We are going and continue to go backwards, anyone who thinks playoffs are a possibility this season should seriously think about supporting the gumps with that level of delusion.

I don't mind us losing, it's always going to happen. I just want to be entertained and go into every match believing that we can win or at least play entertaining football. We are so far from that right now, it makes the early days of Nigel Clough's tenure look like Jim Smith's finest.

What angers me most is that CryptoBro's bessie Garry Cook has essentially gifted us a genuinely promising manager in Eustace by carrying on with the fantasy that Rooney is a football manager. Now we're going to squander that opportunity because something something stability.

Never mind eh. Someone wake me up when we start playing football worth watching 👍🏻

49 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Some of these mean Clowes needs to sell. 

50 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I can't believe it's 2 for one second. That would be complete mismanagement of the club to gamble our future giving someone a four year contract that we aren't able to relieve him of.