Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m just on my way back from London where it’s been a glorious sunny afternoon, beer gardens in full flow.

What am I doing? If this game is called off now - I’m gonna have to get a taxi from bloody Tamworth to get home. I’ll be livid 😂

Better hope the game goes ahead and you get to appreciate a Warney tactical masterclass......

Oh, wait......

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Ive travelled through Shrewsbury late this afternoon.

My advice would be if you can't get a train, don't attempt driving. Absolute nightmare on the borders, the Severn looks more like the Amazon in full spate!

Never seen so much water on the roads, ever.

Looks like heavy rain throughout most of the night but stopping early morning.

Probably best to review mid morning rather make a call this evening. I'm not optimistic but at least most of us will be mainly using motorways and the main A5. I'm parking at my uncles house as he lives less than a mile from the ground but, there is no point in asking him. He won't know what the surrounding roads are like. 

This was one of the rare away games I was actually planning on attending but I've woken up with horrific flu and the weather forecast looks like something out of a disaster movie.

On top of that my Tesco shopping got cancelled because the driver got himself stuck somewhere so I'm now having to ration bog roll.

I know there are bigger humanitarian issues in the world but today is shaping up to be an absolute rotter.