Will Clowes patience soon run out?

old tray boy

41 minutes ago, Mckram said:

That’s fair. It wasn’t an attempt at me to start an argument, I’m just genuinely interested to know what part you disagreed with. 

I was happier against Northampton but that was purely based on Bradley’s forward passing which made a huge difference. But let’s be fair, Northampton and Exeter were absolutely awful and let us run all over them. If we play a team half organised then we have no ideas and no plan B - look at us against Shrewsbury or Cheltenham…you can’t prefer that football! 

I believe the players we have should be playing to a much better standard than they are and naturally the manager is to blame for that. I can’t name one player that is playing better since Warne took charge? Possibly Wildsmith.

Thompson and Bird have both improved and arguably Mendez Laing on recent form.

1 hour ago, Red Ram said:

Thompson and Bird have both improved and arguably Mendez Laing on recent form.

I’m surprised to see you say Thompson as he hasn’t really played enough to comment. Can see where you’re coming from with Bird and NML. 

I’d argue that Thompson and Bird were much better in our relegation season under Rooney.

NML is an odd one…2 months ago I’d say he’s massively regressed from last season but he has picked it up recently.

There’s still a lot of players under performing even with those in mind though.

11 hours ago, falconram said:

Something David Clowes said, we've won nothing since league 2 champions in the eighties, Im guessing if we won the papa John's or whatever its called and get a playoff place he will be happy. 

We've seen worse football, anybody would think we were bottom 3, no one gets promotted by November, once gain some of you  moaning /fickle fans take a reality check. 

Yes happy to take flack but I'm fed up with a minority who just want to destabilise this club, get behind them

We've seen abject times in the past. The last home game we put 4 past Northampton. I know it's not the pinnacle of achievements but a win's an win and four goals are four goals 

On 07/11/2023 at 09:50, falconram said:

... no one gets promoted by November...

au contraire!

It wasn't that many seasons ago that F*rest were technically promoted in September.
If it wasn't for those pesky kids at EFL insisting they had to play out the remaining 38 games before they could collect their prize... etc... etc... 

On 07/11/2023 at 00:53, enachops said:

No way is this season a ‘free hit’. I’m surprised anyone thinks this. Warne has had all of last season to assess the squad and stamp his authority on the team/club. Regardless of any business plans, we have to get play offs this season as a bare minimum. Failure to do that and it should be bye bye. 
The longer you stay in League 1, the harder it becomes to get promoted. We’d lose Bird, Cashin etc and replace them with more mediocre signings. We’ve never been in this league for longer than 2 seasons in 139 years. I don’t think we should start accepting that prospect either. It’s a poor league this year, unfortunately, so far we’re equally as average. Here’s hoping things pick up.

I doubt many supporters wish to accept that this season is a free hit, however the current management team is a barely quarter of the way through a 4 year deal, and the owner has stated that the manager has his full support despite uninspiring performances and results. Promotion this season looks highly unlikely and unless the Rams totally bombed and finished bottom six, Warne will probably be in charge at the beginning of next season and beyond. 

On 07/11/2023 at 14:07, Mckram said:

Which team specifically?

Sheffield Wednesday got 90+ points in League One last year and look at them in the Championship this season. We’re not as good as them, so would easily be bottom in the Championship. Which Derby side have you seen was that bad?

Yes we might look like world beaters against Northampton but put this Derby side in the Championship where we’ve spent the majority of the seasons you’ve seen Derby play and it would comfortably be the worst.

My point was that we’re at our lowest right now in terms of on the pitch standards. 

Have to disagree. There have been a few dour games with players “off it” but I’ve also seen some good football and at times a team playing as a unit. It’s considerably better on the pitch than under Pearson and despite Cocu’s grand plan and intelligence it wasn’t very exciting at all. Heart in mouth as we fussed around on the edge of our own box waiting for inevitable mistakes and at the other end just not scoring goals. .. naaa I still like watching us and I see goals going in. We aren’t Barcabut I know these boys will be thereabouts a seasons end

8 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Am I alone in thinking David had a word in Warne’s shell-like when they had ‘talks’? 
In other words, change your tactics. Stop acting like the underdog. Get the players on the front foot. 
He will have been fully aware of home results in particular and the fans’ disenchantment. 

Your not alone.  I think DC has/had every right to raise concerns with our 'progress' and I dare say he has.  I don't think he would have said words to the effect of change your tactics or stop acting like the underdog as that would be almost telling him how to do his job. 

I watched with interest the Barnsley pre-match interview and whilst they are getting better, I thought it encapsulated my frustration with Warne.  He does seem to acknowledge we are not scoring enough goals and not taking our chances so reading between the lines, that area is a must for improvement in the January window.

He's also banging on about fine margins.  Maybe he has a point but if we go at teams, like we did against Northampton, fine margins don't come in to it.  We shouldn't be even talking fine margins when we play against teams in the bottom four or five.  

Then he talks about players and says he likes good athletes - most managers would say the like good footballers, good defenders etc.

In fairness, it feels like we are turning a corner, including Crewe whereby I felt we dominated and deserved a replay at the most, so lets hope we get the three wins he spoke about in our next three home games and it might start restoring some faith in Warne. 

I don't feel its unfair not to raise questions although I'm sure DC's patience will and should hold..... for now.

Cheers 

Gangway D from the terrace.

1 hour ago, Rambam said:

Am I alone in thinking David had a word in Warne’s shell-like when they had ‘talks’? 
In other words, change your tactics. Stop acting like the underdog. Get the players on the front foot. 
He will have been fully aware of home results in particular and the fans’ disenchantment. 

I honestly thought you were joking and meant our David on this forum 😂

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, Rambam said:

Yes cos owners interfering in tactics always ends well.  I'm sure they have discussions where Clowes airs his opinions but I think what you have suggested is pretty ludicrous.

21 hours ago, GangwayD said:

Your not alone.  I think DC has/had every right to raise concerns with our 'progress' and I dare say he has.  I don't think he would have said words to the effect of change your tactics or stop acting like the underdog as that would be almost telling him how to do his job. 

I watched with interest the Barnsley pre-match interview and whilst they are getting better, I thought it encapsulated my frustration with Warne.  He does seem to acknowledge we are not scoring enough goals and not taking our chances so reading between the lines, that area is a must for improvement in the January window.

He's also banging on about fine margins.  Maybe he has a point but if we go at teams, like we did against Northampton, fine margins don't come in to it.  We shouldn't be even talking fine margins when we play against teams in the bottom four or five.  

Then he talks about players and says he likes good athletes - most managers would say the like good footballers, good defenders etc.

In fairness, it feels like we are turning a corner, including Crewe whereby I felt we dominated and deserved a replay at the most, so lets hope we get the three wins he spoke about in our next three home games and it might start restoring some faith in Warne. 

I don't feel its unfair not to raise questions although I'm sure DC's patience will and should hold..... for now.

Cheers 

Gangway D from the terrace.

Good post Gangway, I also picked up on the good athletes comment and the comment about the academy prospects needing to get fitter and stronger. Now I’m sure he’s 100% correct with those comments, but it is a bit worrying of no mention about players ability or working on players particular weaknesses. Anyway on to todays game and a big chance to get back amongst the league leaders, let’s all get behind our team and manager and help push them on to a much needed win!! COYR 🐏