Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

We don't hate anything. We just want Derby to be better. We're all on the same side, let's enjoy the win.

Aye, can it not descend into the usual binary chaos tonight please?! It was a good win, hopefully those who doubt Warne saw some of their concerns addressed tonight, those who back him can feel smug without rubbing it in and everyone in between too, then we can all just enjoy a great win for the Rams 🐏 

Well someone earlier in the thread said the team selection was laughable. It might have been if it wasn’t for being a severe outbreak of football!

isn’t it great that I can put “football” and not confuse it with “hoofball”. And although we were happy to play the ball long quite a lot, it was as a part of a superb away performance. And it has to be MOM for Corey Smith because that was his best performance in a Derby shirt.

I only saw the second half because of family business, but was sure that I was watching Blackpool TV because we missed a lot of Rams action watching endless replays of Blackpool half chances, and the volume was pretty low. But it was a pretty good watch all the same!

Edited by DavesaRam

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

I only saw the second half because of family business, but was sure that I was watching Blackpool TV because we missed a lot of Rams action watching endless replays of Blackpool half chances, and the volume was pretty low. But it was a pretty good watch all the same!

Good choice.

Now THAT is more like it. Solid attacking football with everyone involved giving it everything - just need to see that sort of performance at home. That's all I ever want from a Rams side - a really encouraging result and a good post match interview from Warne too. I'm looking forward to going to Cheltenham now.

Edited by Jayram

Top performance that & an excellent result

Korey Smith's best game for us surely - oozed class on the ball, got through plenty of defensive work & thoroughly deserved his goal. Bird was obviously just coming back from injury but some sublime touches from him - along with Fornah, made for a very effective midfield even though Blackpool kept the ball very well at times. Lads at the back were also immense - Cashin & Nelson very strong, Nyambe continues to really impress & Forsyth did well against CJ Hamilton's pace.

Fantastic options off the bench too - Barkhuizen, Waghorn, Sibley, Hourihane & Bradley and all contributed to getting us over the line. Now injuries are starting to clear up, it's time for us to start stringing together results & firmly embed ourselves in the top 6.

Fans class tonight by the way - well done everyone who travelled. Made a right racket 👏🐏

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Up to 7th now, one point off the playoffs with a game in hand with the majority of the teams above us.

Maybe things aren't that bad after all. 

He's probably on about par if we win on Saturday, with our team in this division and the budget top 4 should be a minimum really this season.  Wouldn't surprise me if we go up but tbh he isn't the man for Derby long term imo. Long term doesn't matter this year as long as we go up but due to play style and other factors if we are not top 6 will be alot of people wanting him out come new year.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

He's just said on the radio two absolutely astounding things.

"We only have two or three players at the club with electric pace [...] who can play counter attacking football"

"If we played like that at Pride Park we'd get booed off at half time"

Why does he have to ruin every good moment he manages to create?

The players get clapped off the pitch at full time every single game at Pride Park. Half time, there would not have been booing if we had played that first half where we kept it tight and then created some good chances.

Why does he treat the fans of this club with such utter disdain and contempt every time he speaks?

Incidentally, we played that game exactly as it needed. Tight first half, earned a few chances. Had to ride the storm second half for the opening 10 and then we were forward thinking and got the game won.

Flawless, only missing the clean sheet which was unfortunate but not the worst thing in the world as long as you get the 3 points.

No grumbles from me reference performance

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

"We only have two or three players at the club with electric pace [...] who can play counter attacking football"

The players get clapped off the pitch at full time every single game at Pride Park. Half time, there would not have been booing if we had played that first half where we kept it tight and then created some good chances.

Why does he treat the fans of this club with such utter disdain and contempt every time he speaks?

Right though isn't he 

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

If we don't have the players to counter attack, why do we set up every week to counter attack?

Don't answer that, I shouldn't have asked it, I'm just going to enjoy the win instead. Up the rams.

Delighted with that, another away win and three goals of quality

Team looks like it’s starting to come together and develop chemistry

Everyone’s chanting Paul Warne’s barmy army, players are off starting the bounce at the end but Clowes is apparently pulling the trigger any day now, weird that

1 minute ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

He's probably on about par if we win on Saturday, with our team in this division and the budget top 4 should be a minimum really this season.  Wouldn't surprise me if we go up but tbh he isn't the man for Derby long term imo. Long term doesn't matter this year as long as we go up but due to play style and other factors if we are not top 6 will he alot of people wanting him out come new year.

Why not just live for the moment - excellent away win, a point off the playoffs with a game in hand.

Thought the saying was being gracious in defeat rather than being gracious after a win.