Derby v Cambridge Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

6 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

f****** clueless if you think that was acceptable.  Passing round the back and then getting it out wide to hopefully punt it in the box isn't acceptable ,when the football is that bad and the results at home are as they are don't think many people could do worse than Warne.

Why are you so angry?

We have 14 points from nine games. We are three points from the play off places with one to two games in hand depending on who plays on the 14th.  It’s not a doomsday scenario.

We are a work in progress. We have 37 games to get things right and it’s clear that Warne is still working on things and trying to achieve the right balance whilst dealing with a squad that has many absentees through injury and many players searching for form or fitness, sometimes both.

Who said anything anywhere about it being acceptable? I think we are all frustrated. We all want better football married with positive results, but there’s no need to react like this.

It’s a long season and we’ll pick up unlikely points and drop nailed on points whoever the manager is.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Football is an escape for many. A couple of hours of much-needed entertainment after a week of habit.

But it just isn’t entertaining is it?

I’ve pretty much lost interest. 

Will always be proud of being a Rams fan and have great memories, but it’s bloody hard going at the moment. Would rather see a couple of academy lads upfront.

Edited by hintonsboots

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Football is an escape for many. A couple of hours of much-needed entertainment after a week of habit.

But it just isn’t entertaining is it?

I’ve pretty much lost interest. 

Been like this for years to be fair, probably since losing the playoff final to Villa. I bizarrely enjoyed the relegation season under Rooney but not much else since that playoff final. Plenty of fight and youngsters getting a chance in the relegation season. Last season they got a pass for barely having a side at the start. Can barely be bothered under Warne at the moment. No danger of going down but about the same chance of going up. Pointless season. 

1 hour ago, 8Leeds said:

31 minutes, all the fans (including Cambridge) stood applauding, the players stopped and joined in as well, photo of Josh and his lady wife on the big screen. 

Beatiful

Didn’t know about the big screen. (I’m in NE corner with restricted view) but the rest was very moving, and made me feel a tad emotional in all honesty. 
A truly wonderful coming together, and I’m tempted to say it couldn’t have been bettered. 
Perfectly beautiful. Beautifully perfect. 

… and without doubt, THE highlight of the day!
xxx

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Warne: We played through the middle and I want the team to play it out wide more (paraphrasing)

I must have watched a different game.

Our crossing was abysmal all game. He had Wilson and Sibley he could have brought on if he wanted more width. Sorry if that is what Warne said he doesn’t seem  to have a clue. 

Strange feeling leaving the ground today and I think it was apathy 😞

And that really isn’t what I should be feeling - it’s just so dull, I never thought we were going to score and didn’t expect PW to do anything that would effect the game in a positive manor.

At times I was bored and I wasn’t the only one - a lot of people looking at other scores on their phones 😞 

2 minutes ago, Justa said:

Strange feeling leaving the ground today and I think it was apathy 😞

And that really isn’t what I should be feeling - it’s just so dull, I never thought we were going to score and didn’t expect PW to do anything that would effect the game in a positive manor.

At times I was bored and I wasn’t the only one - a lot of people looking at other scores on their phones 😞 

it was realisation.

we are a mid table team in the 3rd division, no better

52 minutes ago, jameso said:

It's true although to be fair if we'd played at home like we played away at Carlisle that would be pretty disastrous, since it involved letting the opponent dictate a lot of the play. You'd expect us to dominate against Cambridge, but they soaked up what we had (which was mostly one-dimensional or ineffective) and were fortunate that we cocked up a pretty easy opening at the beginning.

The one thing that does look to be working well is the defence. It's still frustrating that we couldn't find a way past theirs though.

It's a Championship standard defence, not that it's of Warne's choosing 😄 It's the rest that's poorly assembled. 

They came and parked the bus. We dominated and could easily have scored a couple. Waghorn header and numerous chances where a bit more quality and care with the final pass / cross come to mind. Yet there are boos on the final whistle and numerous calling for Warne out. 🤦

Much better performance in my opinion and 3 points off the playoffs with a game in hand. 

Oh for the days when we had the points deduction and a fan base that remained positive and together throughout!

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

Boos at the final whistle. But it's just a handful of us on here who are unhappy....

The boos were for the ref who in the first half looked a bit like a ref, apart from 3 very poor decisions. But second half he had obviously had the regulation bollocking for looking almost impartial.

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

The boos were for the ref who in the first half looked a bit like a ref, apart from 3 very poor decisions. But second half he had obviously had the regulation bollocking for looking almost impartial.

Some might have been, but a lot definitely weren’t. 

17 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Why are you so angry?

We have 14 points from nine games. We are three points from the play off places with one to two games in hand depending on who plays on the 14th.  It’s not a doomsday scenario.

We are a work in progress. We have 37 games to get things right and it’s clear that Warne is still working on things and trying to achieve the right balance whilst dealing with a squad that has many absentees through injury and many players searching for form or fitness, sometimes both.

Who said anything anywhere about it being acceptable? I think we are all frustrated. We all want better football married with positive results, but there’s no need to react like this.

It’s a long season and we’ll pick up unlikely points and drop nailed on points whoever the manager is.

Someone with some sense

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's a Championship standard defence, not that it's of Warne's choosing 😄 It's the rest that's poorly assembled. 

Well to be fair he brought in Nyambe and Nelson, and reverted to a back four and stopped picking the guy who kept giving free goals to the opposition... so for that at least he probably does deserve a bit of credit!

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But surely one man's "he's still working on things" is another man's "he hasn't got a clue what needs doing"?

1 minute ago, jameso said:

Well to be fair he brought in Nyambe and Nelson, and reverted to a back four and stopped picking the guy who kept giving free goals to the opposition... so for that at least he probably does deserve a bit of credit!

He had no real choice - even Warne could see that Nelson Bradley and Cashin was a car crash of a back three. 😄

On the one hand, we controlled the possession and the territory, which was good, and we ditched the 5 at the back. On the other hand we were so one dimensional and slow it was painful. Cambridge are well organised and have one of the better defensive records, I believe, but we made it so easy for them. Cross after cross going nowhere. Players taking 5-6 touches on the ball just passing it around with no urgency. The front line was so static offering no problems for their defense or anything different. It's a great formula for never scoring. It makes me wonder what do they do on the training ground all week as it doesn't seem like they do any movement, passing or tactical training of any kind. 

We have now i think won just 2 of the last 13 at home scoring 11 in the process so this isn't a recent problem for us. The substitutes were too late to make an effect and should have been made 20 minutes earlier. I was bored by 60 minutes in and couldn't see how we'd find a way through. Just 2 shots on targets says it all really. I didn't boo but neither did I clap. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

On the one hand, we controlled the possession and the territory, which was good, and we ditched the 5 at the back. On the other hand we were so one dimensional and slow it was painful. Cambridge are well organised and have one of the better defensive records, I believe, but we made it so easy for them. Cross after cross going nowhere. Players taking 5-6 touches on the ball just passing it around with no urgency. The front line was so static offering no problems for their defense or anything different. It's a great formula for never scoring. It makes me wonder what do they do on the training ground all week as it doesn't seem like they do any movement, passing or tactical training of any kind. 

We have now i think won just 2 of the last 13 at home scoring 11 in the process so this isn't a recent problem for us. The substitutes were too late to make an effect and should have been made 20 minutes earlier. I was bored by 60 minutes in and couldn't see how we'd find a way through. Just 2 shots on targets says it all really. I didn't boo but neither did I clap. 

Everyone in the ground apart from Paul Warne could see we needed a threat through the middle. He did literally nothing to try and give us one. 

36 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Warne really can’t win with this fan base.

Last week we win 2-0 but that wasn’t good enough because of the way we won. We didn’t have enough possession, enough control and didn’t keep the ball and so on.

This week we try to implement that and it doesn’t quite come off and it’s a frustrating 0-0 and still Warne is dragged across the coals.

We are only three points from the play off places. We are likely to be in the top 6 if we win our game(s) in hand.

Why not let the manager and the team work out these teething problems before we come down so hard on them?

Please don’t say we’re only so many places off the play offs. 

We should be top 2 - simple as that. 

we are that bad that we won’t make play offs at this rate. Why would we when we can’t score against Cambridge at home. 0-0 against Cambridge FFS who have even less than us up front. 

Please don’t be happy with a draw at home to Cambridge. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It isn’t a recent problem no, it’s a Paul Warne problem.