Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Thanks for confirming I’m absolutely right. You are purely guessing and don’t know what budget Derby have, nor Carlisle. Stop taunting opinion as fact.

I would guess when the accounts are published: Carlisle wage bill will be between £3-4m and Derby’s will be between £12-14m. Bolton and Blackpool will be the only other side’s in their league with eight figure wage bills, but I suspect we will be clear by at least £1m. 

25 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think I can accept that argument but I also hope and I think Warne and don’t forget Richie Barker will start to get the football that they desire sooner rather than later .

Anyway good to talk it over. 

We live in hope Curtains, glad you are enjoying the football being served up 😊

Happy with the win.

Happy I didn’t watch it. 

I am now thinking that might be the best way to approach this season. Check the scores at HT and FT and just watch the one minute Sky highlights package.

Well done Collo. 

I see we got another soft penalty this week. The referees in this division are getting so poor now that they can’t even distinguish which team is Derby and which team they should be helping.

Devastating news for Vickers. 
Really really feel for the guy. Bar losing a child is there anything more raw than losing the person you expected to spend the rest of your life with? 

Hopefully the fans and club can rally around him to do anything it takes to support him. If he needs months off or he wants to get back at it then whatever he needs.

One thing for sure is that on a personal point of view there’s probably few managers better placed than Warne to help Vickers through this as a boss. 

Anyone who votes not happy to 3 points, regardless how it was one, are a little strange in my point of view. Surely,  even if you get 3 points in a scrappy way is better than not getting any points. Imagine playing badly and losing.  There would be a few who would be needing sectioning.  I am not happy with the style of play at the moment.  But give me 3 points every time.  Hopefully the confidence will build and the performances will follow. 

39 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Happy with the win.

Happy I didn’t watch it. 

I am now thinking that might be the best way to approach this season. Check the scores at HT and FT and just watch the one minute Sky highlights package.

Well done Collo. 

I see we got another soft penalty this week. The referees in this division are getting so poor now that they can’t even distinguish which team is Derby and which team they should be helping.

The sky coverage showed both 🐏 goals and the rest was all Carlisle 🤔

Any win away from home is good. We got a clean sheet and it sounded like Carlisle were pretty toothless in the final third. So, despite a lot of huff and puff, there wasn't much there. I wasn't there so I can't really comment on the performance. Steele was raging on the radio and it sounded like a similar performance to the ones we have churned out recently. I'm glad Warne isn't satisfied with the level of performance but we really do need to see a turning of the corner sooner rather than later on that front.

In the light of what the players obviously knew, that was a very good away 3pts 😢

It wasn't the best performance, but given the team spirit PW is trying to build, to grind out a win knowing that one of your mates is grieving I think it would be best not to analyse this game too much and move onto the next one. 

17 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I think you're seeing what you (don't) want to see. Try and take away the effort and expense of getting there, and watch it again and I think you would see it was very scrappy at times but with a bit more composure we could have scored more on the break and they created barely a sniff of a chance 2nd half.

I think you're right. It wasn't pleasant on the eye and as ever we struggled to control midfield. I think all Carlisles shots were from outside the area thus making it less likely to score - unless its a worldie. 

I always like to listen to Sean Barker's comments post match. He's normally pretty accurate with his assessment. Worth a look on YouTube.. .