Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

We were side on and quite close to both chances. The shot which Wildsmith had to deal with was travelling at tremendous velocity and that I think was what took Joe aback. I was alarmed in the split second that he didn't take the save cleanly but relieved that he was able to push it up onto the bar. If the ball had gone in, my view would have been that it would have been a goalkeeping error but I think to have called it a howler would have been very harsh. The ball was hit as hard as anything Alan Hinton or Bruce Rioch ever managed.

In respect of our penalty I think you have to give full credit to Collins for pressing the keeper from behind. The keeper didn't seem aware that Collins was there and was about to comfortably pick up the ball when Collins suddenly overtook him. The keeper then reacted as quickly as he could to try to retrieve the ball but seemed disorientated and in trying to recover the situation he took out Collins for a clear penalty.

So there you have two honest but completely different interpretations of the same two incidents. I haven't yet watched the replays on the TV highlights and I'm going on what I saw in real time.

I agree with both of those interpretations. I was there too.

And as Joe said, "I saved it, didn't I?" 

7 hours ago, Curtains said:

I think the season starts now as injuries start to clear up .

Ive been to loads of away matches over the years when we have been massively underperforming like Barnsley away under Stevie Mac and have gone 3-0 down with good players and had to fight back .

Away games are very unpredictable and often difficult so a clean sheet is vital .

The football in this Division is not pretty and I mean I watched us at Bolton and they tried to knock it around but did nothing with it when we had 10 men .

Warne want s to be more effective in the right areas ie The Box .

Rosenior played what you would call possession football and I liked it but the fans at Derby got irritated with it and Lincoln away the fans got really irritated.

Rosenior is doing well in the Championship with that type of Rooney Football and good luck to him .

Clowes has gone for Warnes experience in Div 1 and it could work if the fans remain patient and I hear “well we won’t stay up with Warne”well he’ll have more money then to give it a go .

I can’t see the point in moaning about style of Football at this stage in the season as we have had injuries but like I say the season starts now for me with us in a challenging position 

The moaning isn’t just about this season. There is a consistency about how he has got us playing which was the same last season, and it was clear then as it is now that 3 at the back doesn’t work.

Performances and results only picked when he was forced by injuries to go 4 at the back, but he reverted back at the first opportunity, with results to match. Despite saying that he wants to play in the style we did last Tuesday, at the first opportunity to build on Tuesday’s delights, we revert to ##}%*^^g awful again. In addition when we’ve used 4 at the back to our advantage he still flips us to 3 or 5 at the back again, ending the match with a dose of squeaky bum time. Thankfully Carlisle weren’t up to punishing us for it.

Despite the fully justified outcry after last Saturday, most people, I would think, can cope with results at whatever cost, but would like to see at least some attempts to play the beautiful game, instead of empty rhetoric. Instead all that is dished up is the  same bodge and bash it efforts.

Roll on Saturday with its potential for some football to break out.

Edited by DavesaRam

10 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

The moaning isn’t just about this season. There is a consistency about how he has got us playing which was the same last season, and it was clear then as it is now that 3 at the back doesn’t work.

Performances and results only picked when he was forced by injuries to go 4 at the back, but he reverted back at the first opportunity, with results to match. Despite saying that he wants to play in the style we did last Tuesday, at the first opportunity to build on Tuesday’s delights, we revert to ##}%*^^g awful again. In addition when we’ve used 4 at the back to our advantage he still flips us to 3 or 5 at the back again, ending the match with a dose of squeaky bum time. Thankfully Carlisle weren’t up to punishing us for it.

Despite the fully justified outcry after last Saturday, most people, I would think, can cope with results at whatever cost, but would like to see at least some attempts to play the beautiful game, instead of empty rhetoric. Instead all that is dished up is the  same bodge and bash it efforts.

Roll on Saturday with its potential for some football to break out.

Had to turn RD off again tonight as it was totally negative.

Steele asked if social media opinion was for Warne to be sacked .

The other guy Ash was also totally negative .

People were texting in saying it’s a hard listen with all the negativity.

Steele said McClaren couldn’t believe what NC had left him and Simpson squad wise with the riches in midfield of Hughes ,Bryson and Hendrick and strikers like CM .

Anyhow I’m not going to buy into this negativity .

Steele says no bigger Derby fan than him and we can still do it this season if we play better football .

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Steele said McClaren couldn’t believe what NC had left him and Simpson squad wise with the riches in midfield of Hughes ,Bryson and Hendrick and strikers like CM .

Steele says no bigger Derby fan than him and we can still do it this season if we play better football .

Like a said last season season before steel is boring and negative too.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Steele was super negative on Saturday after our win. Most of what he said was nonsense, having watched the game myself he was completely wrong.

It actually comes across like he has an agenda & like he is trying to force an opinion onto fans who cant watch the game & seems to forget fans can also watch away games via Rams TV.

I used to like his summarising but this season he seems way off.

26 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Steele was super negative on Saturday after our win. Most of what he said was nonsense, having watched the game myself he was completely wrong.

It actually comes across like he has an agenda & like he is trying to force an opinion onto fans who cant watch the game & seems to forget fans can also watch away games via Rams TV.

what did he say about the game?

12 minutes ago, sage said:

We defended superbly but we need to string more passes together going forward .

Said we lacked a settled midfield due to injuries.

Bird coming back could be massive .

Honestly I was tempted to switch off but managed to keep listening through the negativity.

He thinks next 2 games that brings us up to 10 are important .

Always thinks 10 games is time to assess.

16 minutes ago, sage said:

He said we were solid defensively but that we were really poor on the ball.  He said he couldn't believe Fornah gave the ball away so many times.  Aside from he being a little bit harsh on Sibley (words to the effect of "he gave us nothing" I thought he was pretty much spot on with his comments. 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Honestly I was tempted to switch off but managed to keep listening through the negativity.

What do you expect him to say?  After the goal we didn't string any passes together.  You might not care about being entertained or successful but most people realise that if we keep playing like this it will be a depressingly long and unsuccessful season.

44 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He seems to think unless teams are not playing with a holding midfielder like Eustace or Thorne they can’t be successful.

Dominic was trying to reign him in but him and a guy called Ash weren’t having it .

The thing is though after all the criticism he then says at the end let’s improve in the next games .

He has his ideas and he says he will never use social media so how can he have a balanced view .

I mean if I never read DCFC Fans I would be happy with our away point total .

Eric thinks we need to improve home form which I do agree with .

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

What do you expect him to say?  After the goal we didn't string any passes together.  You might not care about being entertained or successful but most people realise that if we keep playing like this it will be a depressingly long and unsuccessful season.

So we have had a tough start but IMO watching the team I love is never depressing.

Do you want to be in the Premier League just yet because I don’t .

We are rebuilding the club after administration.

Whats the rush !

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Which part of that did you take issue with? Which bit isn't correct?