Who enjoys Warne's football poll?

RoyMac5

Who enjoys Warne's football?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

So are you saying David Clowes didn’t do due diligence on Paul Warne !

I think that’s unfair on David Clowes if true. .

Not having a go at you mate as you are pretty consistent with your views in this. .

I seem to remember I was on here saying I wanted Rosenior to stay and got hammered for it as the majority view on the forum was pro Warne appointment including his big detractors now.

I always try to get behind the manager and players at Derby County and I think our Chairman who saved DCFC and Paul  Warne and the players deserve some slack.

If we win the next load of games and shoot up the League and get promoted will the Paul Warne detractors change their views .

I also don’t get this vitriol against Paul Warnes style of management and against his interview techniques.

He is who he is and I don’t mind him at all .

Come on You Rams 

My guess is that it was the whole package with PW that DC bought into rather than just consideration of the football. Looking from the outside it seemed as if the uncertainty, redundancies, Q's style, etc meant the whole club needed bringing back to life. My thought is that the family club feel that seemed to be at Rotherham throughout all areas of the club developed by PWs team as well as gaining promotion is perhaps why he was keen to recruit him. Just a guess.

I would be interested to watch something produced by the club detailing just what has been involved in trying to rebuild us after admin as I suspect we really dont know the half of it.

Edited by CBRammette
Typo

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You are indeed cynical. The positives are there for people to chose in the poll - in case you don’t understand, that is the yes vote. Why should I extol Warne, I did that previously last season and some of this perhaps. My thoughts have changed, if others have or haven’t then that is fine. As for your opinion being cynical about my motive, that is in your head and nothing I care to do anything about.

When I saw this new thread spring up I thought of a handful of forum members whom would have started this, unsurprisingly your name was in that list. So no shock there.

The real question is how long will it be before you start another unnecessary, duplicate thread. If we lose to Portsmouth? Or the next game. Or the game after that. It's tedious. 

One poster lamented that they enjoyed the first x games more under Rosenoir then they did of all the games under Warne. I get that. But don't regurgitate the same stuff ad nauseam. For what benefit? Just like your posts. I get where you're coming from, don't need a brain surgeon to work that out. But the repetitiveness of the same narrative is just boring.

Edited by Tyler Durden

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Also on the point made re hybrid of liams and warnes football it got me thinking back to how we often saw five minutes aimless dangerous passing round the back only to end with a big hoof up the pitch, remember being frustrated and thinking ffs if we are going to hoof it at least do it early before the opposition are set 🤷🏻‍♂️

oh you mean like we do now?

I enjoy the theory of his style of play, although the practical application seems to be somewhat lacking ATM.

However, watching England yesterday, reminded me of watching Derby under LR. It was so slow, passing for the sake of it. For all the possession England created virtually nothing, with the goal coming from pure Warne ball, 50 yard diagonal long ball from by the half way line to a wide player, not unlike many balls from Cashin to NML. The most annoying aspect of LR ball was the ridiculous goal kicks from the CH to the keeper, inviting the opposing forwards to put us under pressure.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

I’ll tell you

Why not ask 

4 Are you willing to give Warne time to see if watching experience improves 

5  If we get promoted would it matter about being entertained week in week out 

is almost a year in charge of consistently getting worse not enough time?

I'm not after being entertained week in week out. I just want to see some sort of plan and an identity. I've seen enough football over the years to know that playing at a higher level with next to no tactical play isn't successful. 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

When I saw this new thread spring up I thought of a handful of forum members whom would have started this, unsurprisingly your name was in that list. So no shock there.

The real question is how long will it be before you start another unnecessary, duplicate thread. If we lose to Portsmouth? Or the next game. Or the game after that. It's tedious. 

One poster lamented that they enjoyed the first x games more under Rosenoir then they did of all the games under Warne. I get that. But don't regurgitate the same stuff ad nauseam. For what benefit? Just like your posts. I get where you're coming from, don't need a brain surgeon to work that out. But the repetitiveness of the same narrative is just boring.

Please feel free to block me.

24 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

My guess is that it was the whole package with PW that DC bought into rather than just consideration of the football. Looking from the outside it seemed as if the uncertainty, redundancies, Q's style, etc meant the whole club needed bringing back to life. My thought is that the family club feel that seemed to be at Rotherham throughout all areas of the club developed by PWs team as well as gaining promotion is perhaps why he was keen to recruit him. Just a guess.

I would be interested to watch something produced by the club detailing just what has been involved in trying to rebuild us after admin as I suspect we really dont know the half of it.

I agree with the whole building a new culture thing and setting the Club up from scratch, but… I guess we have to decide chicken or egg.

Edited by RoyMac5

24 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0fy119y

7 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I enjoy the theory of his style of play, although the practical application seems to be somewhat lacking ATM.

However, watching England yesterday, reminded me of watching Derby under LR. It was so slow, passing for the sake of it. For all the possession England created virtually nothing, with the goal coming from pure Warne ball, 50 yard diagonal long ball from by the half way line to a wide player, not unlike many balls from Cashin to NML. The most annoying aspect of LR ball was the ridiculous goal kicks from the CH to the keeper, inviting the opposing forwards to put us under pressure.

I think your doing a disservice to Harry Kane for the england goal. It was a brilliant pass, chipped over the top, with curl to make it easier for walker to take it. It was so much more than a 50 yard diagnonal. 

The reason LR did the goal kicks like that was to draw the opposition onto us so as to creat more space in midfield. Wayne also did this, it can be very effective. And at the very least it's some form of tactical play

15 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I keep seeing comments along the lines of "if we get promoted, while you change you mind and like the football?" Well some might make the change. I voted for the "don't like it" option, but if we do get promoted, I will like the result,  I still won't like the football we are playing, if it remains the same as it is now.

I think that is a good point. If we somehow manage to consistently start winning games a lot of people will probably be more forgiving and there will be less threads questioning or complaining about his style of football (such as this one regardless of how it’s been positioned as an unbiased fact find) cropping up.

Edited by Tamworthram

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I keep seeing comments along the lines of "if we get promoted, while you change you mind and like the football?" Well some might make the change. I voted for the "don't like it" option, but if we do get promoted, I will like the result,  I still won't like the football we are playing, if it remains the same as it is now.

What sort of football do you like because I as sure as hell don’t understand what you are talking about  .  How do you know we aren’t going to play well from now on in. 
It’s 6 games . I reiterate 6 games 

54 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Jeez , I had forgotten those goal kicks and wondered why my post match laundry bills had fallen