Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

TOPPSFOOT1977REDS2-190.jpg.2c0373d33607dfd42833c5b992b2cb9c.jpg

Actually, there are better photos that I should have used but, if nothing else, it will start another conversation about the badge.

Seriously though, what on earth is that Ram? I’ve honestly never seen that before. 

The ‘72 ram looked just like today’s beautiful creature so where did this one 4 or 5 years come from?

52 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

Seriously though, what on earth is that Ram? I’ve honestly never seen that before. 

The ‘72 ram looked just like today’s beautiful creature so where did this one 4 or 5 years come from?

I wonder who it was who actually penned the brilliant Ram we have on the shirts now…?? Deserves a statue in the ground!!

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

For me the difference here is we were trying to buy CBT in the summer but the deal couldn't be done, so it's not just based on his recent good form.

Even as a 14 year old at the school disco, you'd have had way more chance of scoring than the bearded wonder that was Derek Hales!

Now I think about it, I wonder if he's the reason I've always hated beards! 🤣 🤣 

Yet before he came to us he was like Jamie Vardy in his hot streak ! Amazing.

Always showed and proved to me that u should never underestimate the value of the partner to the goal scoring machine when u play two up front…: he was lost when on his own …

9 minutes ago, CapeTownRams said:

I wonder who it was who actually penned the brilliant Ram we have on the shirts now…?? Deserves a statue in the ground!!

I can't seem to find the article where it named the designer that I read a few years back, but he was working for a local agency and was a Leeds fan... probably the reason he doesn't have a statue 😉 

5 hours ago, roboto said:

I can't seem to find the article where it named the designer that I read a few years back, but he was working for a local agency and was a Leeds fan... probably the reason he doesn't have a statue 😉 

Did Sheffield Wednesday's Owl to.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Welcome to Corey Blackett-Taylor.

I'm looking for a thread about whether he's a good signing in relation to his playing ability. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

I’ve not seen him play live Angie so can only go on the video, the stats, and the Charlton fans’ views. But from those sources I’ve formed the completely unbiased opinion that he’s the joint best winger/wide forward in league one (tied with NML) with frightening pace and a sackful of goals and assists to share with the Rams faithful 🐏 

31 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm looking for a thread about whether he's a good signing in relation to his playing ability. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Speaking to my Charlton STH mates at work this morning they are not pleased with the terms of the deal being a loan and the fact he can play twice against them which they said infuriated there supporters chat rooms last night lol

Onto the player himself they have all said ( much prior to us signing him ) that he is a good player but extremely frustrating as doesn't always choose the right option and has a tendency to pull a lot of his shots wide going near post when should go across the goal

saying all of that though they  do say we have a decent player and has pace 

Edited by S8TY

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Speaking to my Charlton STH mates at work this morning they are not pleased with the terms of the deal being a loan and the fact he can play twice against them which they said infuriated there supporters chat rooms last night lol

Onto the player himself they have all said ( much prior to us signing him ) that he is a good player but extremely frustrating as doesn't always choose the right option and has a tendency to pull a lot of his shots wide going near post when should go across the goal

saying all of that though they  do say we have a decent player and has pace 

That analysis is very similar to what I saw in his you tube highlights vid.

Pace, power, can run at defenders with the ball at pace. Will scare them silly and they will have to sit back.

On the flip side his ball control doesn't look too good and nor does his shooting. 

7 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

That analysis is very similar to what I saw in his you tube highlights vid.

Pace, power, can run at defenders with the ball at pace. Will scare them silly and they will have to sit back.

On the flip side his ball control doesn't look too good and nor does his shooting. 

Now that the signing has been confirmed, over had a look at the YouTube videos. Obviously, they only show the positive aspects of his game. His pace is up there with NML and when they're on the pitch together, the opposition won't be able to double up on both of them, so leaving at least one with more space. Another positive is that he seems slightly more comfortable on his weaker foot than NML is.

Regarding the criticism about his lack of decision and ball control at times, if he didn't have any weaknesses to his game, he'd be signing for a top end premier team, not a league one team, at his age. Playing at such speed makes it so much more difficult to make the correct decisions all the time and to control the ball.

For the first time in a while, I am excited by a signing.

9 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

I think it must have refused to eat until Hales scored, which explains its emaciated appearance....

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Just read Reading match thread tomorrow, once he has made his first bad touch there will be a few on ready to give their opinion 😏

2 hours ago, angieram said:

He looks a 433 winger rather than a 442 winger. Looks good when the game is stretched or on the break.