Is expectation too high .

Curtains

13 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I don't think the expectation is too high. Ambitious at this point. I think it should be more a case of managing your expectations.  Warne inherited the team last year. This year is his first attempt "to build HIS team" . They have only been together for a handful of games. They need some time.

Weren't Manchester United looking at sacking Ferguson after around 6 or 7 games. Didn't do too badly did he. And before those of you who will say, Warne is no ferguson and Derby are no MU. I am purely saying manage those expectations and be a little patient.  

For me it’s not about expectations or being patient as such. I wouldn’t really care if we were mid table if the football was good and I could see where we were going with it, but it’s the utterly awful style we are playing, the mind numbing intransigence of trying to force a system on players regardless of the fact that when we play four at the back we are much better and get better results. It’s maddening and he isn’t going to change; he clearly only wants to play his system and that’s that. This squad playing for a competent manager who plays actual football would be a massive contender for the autos or playoffs and most of us Rams fans know it, hence the expectations and frustrations on here.

Edited by Jayram

16 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I don't think the expectation is too high. Ambitious at this point. I think it should be more a case of managing your expectations.  Warne inherited the team last year. This year is his first attempt "to build HIS team" . They have only been together for a handful of games. They need some time.

Weren't Manchester United looking at sacking Ferguson after around 6 or 7 games. Didn't do too badly did he. And before those of you who will say, Warne is no ferguson and Derby are no MU. I am purely saying manage those expectations and be a little patient.  

Quite - We can't just keep churning through managers because of some fans' lack of patience. Finanace alone makes this a difficult proposition but we're also not exactly an attractive propostion if we get rid of another one....

1 minute ago, Mihangel said:

Quite - We can't just keep churning through managers because of some fans' lack of patience. Finanace alone makes this a difficult proposition but we're also not exactly an attractive propostion if we get rid of another one....

He's had a year now, and the match on Saturday was as bad a performance as I can remember. We've been more than patient. Surely if the penny hasn't dropped with some supporters, it must be on the way down at least?

I went to every game (bar 2) of the 11 points season, and even then I wanted Jewell to stay on. It's unfair to say that we just have a lack of patience.

Still more than happy for Warne to prove me wrong. I'll remain patient, maybe it'll just take another year.

19 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Similar in what way?   It's absolutely nothing like it.   

If he thinks we played anything remotely like Liverpool on Saturday he should be sacked on the spot.

Clearly what's being served up isn't what Paul Warne wants

28 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Warne said anything less than promotion is failure. Who are we to disagree?

Then he should have been sacked last season. But for some reason Clowes gave him 4 years and made it difficult for himself. He seemed not to consider that he could have made the wrong managerial choice?

I'm really struggling to get behind Warne when the team has no style of play or Identity on the pitch.

In review of the season so far i had higher expectations but i am sadly stating to accept we are a "5th to 9th" team or there or thereabouts team under Warne

Edited by Saturn5

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No, if anything they’re too low from some fans. When did losing at home to teams like Oxford become acceptable?

We have the best team in this league, and we should be getting promoted. So far this season has not been up to standard.

I don't think anyone thought losing to Oxford was acceptable, but stop with the 'teams like' comment.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Why?

We're not like Oxford. We're only playing in this league because of financial 'irregularities'.

Why? Because it's just disrespectful.

Yes, we got relegated because of the irregularities. We're playing in this league because we weren't good enough to get out of it last season. Like Oxford.

What difference does a 25k ave attendance and all the history we have over Oxford make to that? It's just sheer arrogance.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yes, we got relegated because of the irregularities. We're playing in this league because we weren't good enough to get out of it last season. Like Oxford.

What difference does a 25k ave attendance and all the history we have over Oxford make to that? It's just sheer arrogance.

What's wrong with being arrogant - we should have the manager and squad to back up the fact that we are a 'big club' (a quote from Pearce speaking for Clowes at the supporters meeting last season).

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

What about teams like Fleetwood and Cheltenham?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's wrong with being arrogant - we should have the manager and squad to back up the fact that we are a 'big club' (a quote from Pearce speaking for Clowes at the supporters meeting last season).

What do we have to back it up? Oxford were better than us on the day, and are ahead of us in the league.

I'm certainly not saying we're not a big club. But, to dismiss another club in the same league only on the basis of size is just classless.

For obvious reasons, the squad had to be revamped, but we just seem to have regressed.  Ironically I thought Bradley was a good signing, but I was/am really unsure about the others (Washingtom, Elder, Nelson).  Waghorn is the only one to prove me wrong so far, and I still felt he was originally only brought in as cover but has done brilliantly so far. 

Fornah has potential but his role at the weekend seemed to be to shadow their No. 4, and looking forward to see more of TJJ. 

In my opinion we are really missing Knights legs in midfield so hopefully this Sunderland lad will come in and with Fornah released he will provide some steel.  Also Sibley and Barkhuizen's legs/movement should be able to help the team and hopefully get Birdy back.    

The teams below are from the corresponding away fixture verses Bolton last season and I think the side (without McGoldrick) would beat this weekends team. 

1- J Wildsmith (Vickers)                    1- J Wildsmith

34 - J Rooney (Bradley)                    17 - L Sibley

35 - C Nelson                                     6 - E Cashin

3 - C Forsyth                                      3 - C Forsyth 

11 - N Mendez-Laing                         11 - N Mendez-Laing 

12 - K Smith                                       12 - K Smith

4 - C Hourihane (c)                            4 - C Hourihane

22 - T Fornah                                     8 - M Bird (c)

20 - C Elder                                        38 - J Knight

14 - C Washington                             9 - J Collins

10 - M Waghorn                                 7 - T Barkhuizen 

Substitutes

19 - T John-Jules                               15 - H Roberts

5 - S Bradley                                      16 - L Thompson

6 - E Cashin                                       18 - L Dobbin 

7 - T Barkhuizen                                19 - R Stearman

9 - J Collins                                        23 - W Osula 

31 - J Vickers                                     21 - S Loach

36 - B Radcliffe                                  33 - C Davies

Warne has until Christmas for me purely on the basis of this second 'rebuild', but I don't think our squad is a top two side and nor do I think the personnel we have work with his preferred 3 at the back.

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace

2 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Exactly.  There's no sign of any improvement.  Aside from the obvious mistakes I thought we showed an element of composure and control against Wigan but other games have been totally chaotic.  I've no idea what the game plan was against Bolton, it was just a total mess.  I'm not sure the players are any the wiser either.

Yep I can’t argue with any of this - I can’t understand why everyone else doesn’t agree !!

5 minutes ago, Justa said:

Yep I can’t argue with any of this - I can’t understand why everyone else doesn’t agree !!

He's clearly struggling to get his message across to the players and seeing Warne's interviews he takes 5 minutes to answer one question and goes off on a tangent.   You wonder if the players are suffering with information overload.  

In reality it's quite a simple game and they are better players than they are currently showing. 

The vast majority of our support is outstanding and I really hope we get behind the lads as they really needs us. 

Cheers

Gangway D FTT 

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

He's had a year now, and the match on Saturday was as bad a performance as I can remember. We've been more than patient. Surely if the penny hasn't dropped with some supporters, it must be on the way down at least?

I went to every game (bar 2) of the 11 points season, and even then I wanted Jewell to stay on. It's unfair to say that we just have a lack of patience.

Still more than happy for Warne to prove me wrong. I'll remain patient, maybe it'll just take another year.

Hold on a minute, you say Saturdays performance was as bad a performance as you can remember and then go on to say you went to all bat 2 of the 11 point season , were you asleep for the majority of games you attended that season , as most of those games were horrific

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No thanks. We’re Derby County, we shouldn’t be losing to team like Oxford.

You can call it entitlement, I prefer to call it facts.

He didn’t call it entitlement and it is not a fact, but an opinion. Other than that you nailed it buddy.