Is expectation too high .

Curtains

17 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

if we play like that, 9 times out of 10 we lose the game. so over a season it's just not feasible

Yes but aren’t we talking about one game in isolation and whether we were lucky to win or not?

Luck (good or bad) is when something happens out of either your control or your opponents. Whilst we were comprehensively outplayed, it could be argued that we were unlucky to not at least hang for a point. If Wildsmith’s sending off was in error then we were unlucky. Their second goal took a serious deflection, that was surely more down to luck than anything that happened at Peterborough. Hitting the cross bar  isn’t really bad luck, it’s a slightly miss placed shot. Clearing the ball off the line isn’t luck, it’s good, albeit, desperate defending. Opponents missing chances isn’t good luck, it’s poor finishing on their behalf.

Edited by Tamworthram

52 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Not sure how the effects of administration can be to blame for players of the quality of Hourihane not being able to string three passes together.   That's got to be on the coaching staff.

And here’s me thinking the thread is about expectations.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So you would of seen us do well just before we scored after the horrendous injury to Rooney and you would of seen Bradley and Forsyth high fiving after a great block from Bradley. .

You would of seen that we had to take a Penalty when we had already scored because of tha Referee and then you would see him give a penalty when Smith fouled outside the box. 

We could easily of gone in 1 up and then the dip head sent Wildsmith off when the ball hit his chest 

Oh and then he didn’t give us a penalty when Bradley was smashed 

yep

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Commentator in Cambridge vs Reading game has just more or less said if the referee isn’t sure he shouldn’t give it. 

Was he more ‘more’ or more ‘less’, or wasn’t he that clear, so I can properly rationalise if this commentator is someone I should rely on in this instance?

Edited by i-Ram

59 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

It wasn’t like that, but it fits your narrative so crack on , Warne is here to stay , we cannot afford to sack him even if we wanted to , fine if you are against him but please give the team your support

For what it's worth I'm not against him as a man at all, it's the dire football I'm against. I've said, repeatedly, I'd prefer nothing else than for it to come good and for us kick on from here.

Which part of the 11 points season, which I attended pretty much the entirety of do you disagree with? Yes there were some highs, beating Newcastle, almost getting a result Vs Liverpool at home, but let's be honest we all knew we were doomed. And being in the crowd and us all treating it like one big party was absolutely the highlight of the season for me. Being 5-0 down Vs Villa, singing "let's pretend we scored a goal" 5 times and then singing "5-0 and you fricked it up" to a silenced away end was, for me, brilliant. That season was 38 (36 for me) fun days out, only spoiled by the football. I only remember noticing us boo the team on the last day, after we'd been stuffed at home by Reading. Our fans are class.

Apologies for going off on a nostalgia tangent.

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's wrong with being arrogant - we should have the manager and squad to back up the fact that we are a 'big club' (a quote from Pearce speaking for Clowes at the supporters meeting last season).

Because it's insufferable for both our own fans and for opposition fans, and even if we were an amazing side it would still be the case. 

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Was he more ‘more’ or more ‘less’, or wasn’t he that clear, so I can properly rationalise if this commentator is someone I should rely on in this instance?

It’s an edict this season to referees apparently that if they can’t be sure on something they shouldn’t rule definitively on it .

If he was sure that Wildsmith handled outside the box then he was right to send him off .

He was mistaken.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

It’s an edict this season to referees apparently that if they can’t be sure on something they shouldn’t rule definitively on it .

If he was sure that Wildsmith handled outside the box then he was right to send him off .

He was mistaken.

Totally agree. You can be sure about something, and still be incorrect. There are people out there who are sure it's a good idea to support Leeds.

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He was mistaken.

He was mistaken. We’ve all been there a few times in our life.

Edited by i-Ram

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

Derby are appealing Wildsmith sending off has they have proof he didn’t handle outside box. 
Another injustice.

What a terrible Ref and linesman 

I disagree with you saying we were as bad with 11

The ref was awful yes and he gave lord of decisions against us, but to be quite frank I really don’t care what the refs are doing, they’re the same every week. I care about what we’re doing and how we’re performing and whether or not we’re genuinely trying to be positive in our play each game. The reality is with 11 men we had 8 percent of the ball in the opening minutes and didn’t register a single shot until the 26th minute, once again we had one single shot on target in the entire game which came from a penalty, it’s unacceptable, I’m normally a glass half full fan and I don’t post too much when I feel really negative but I feel so unenthusiastic about what I’m watching 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

A very costly mistake for Derby County as it was at Plymouth last season .

Probably cost us a playoff place 

Possibly. Personally I think that Cashin mistake in the home game against Plymouth was the one that cost us the playoff place. Anybody else got any views on this? 

1 minute ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

The ref was awful yes and he gave lord of decisions against us, but to be quite frank I really don’t care what the refs are doing, they’re the same every week. I care about what we’re doing and how we’re performing and whether or not we’re genuinely trying to be positive in our play each game. The reality is with 11 men we had 8 percent of the ball in the opening minutes and didn’t register a single shot until the 26th minute, once again we had one single shot on target in the entire game which came from a penalty, it’s unacceptable, I’m normally a glass half full fan and I don’t post too much when I feel really negative but I feel so unenthusiastic about what I’m watching 

That’s your prerogative.

I enjoyed the away games at Burton and Peterborough they were brilliant days out. .

Still had a good time in Bolton but didn’t enjoy the result .

I don’t care about anything other than the result sorry.