Is expectation too high .

Curtains

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

No, but he’s going to. I’ve heard it all before, and it’s all crap.

You can call it an opinion, but any opinion that disagrees with it is frankly wrong. 

Hey, I wasn’t questioning your opinion. I always find your opinion useful to know what side of the argument I should be on 😉

52 minutes ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Again we had 1 shot on target and it was a penalty, weren’t exactly knocking on the door. Yes Rooney getting injured was unfortunate but I expect a seasoned professional who calls himself a championship centre half, who was also Warne’s big singing in Sonny Bradley to come on and perform adequately and not set up the opposition 1 on 1 with our keeper again. Bolton were running rings round us from minute 1. And with all due respect, I don’t really care what Brian Clough was doing over 30 years before I was born when players were still having pie and chips before kick off, we should not be performing like that in any fixture at this level injuries or not, and we were at least as bad with 11 as we were with 10.

Derby are appealing Wildsmith sending off has they have proof he didn’t handle outside box. 
Another injustice.

What a terrible Ref and linesman 

I disagree with you saying we were as bad with 11

13 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Chance to do what though?! It doesn’t matter what players we have, how much money he gets to buy new players now or in the future, what the budget is etc. The football he makes the team play regardless of the players in it is absolute garbage. The worst kind of clueless hoofball that virtually any team with any tactical nous can defend against and overcome. It’s not about giving him time etc, nothing is going to change! He has one tactical formation, one style of play; occasionally he has to deviate from it but he always goes back to it! 

Just don’t agree with you. 

3 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Hold on a minute, you say Saturdays performance was as bad a performance as you can remember and then go on to say you went to all bat 2 of the 11 point season , were you asleep for the majority of games you attended that season , as most of those games were horrific

That's right. I had zero expectations that year, the only highlight I remember is dancing around with my shoes off for "take your shoes off for the rams".

I do however expect us to give a team in the third division a game, or better yet to look like we at least had a plan other than "watch
Bolton pass it around for a bit".

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

That's right. I had zero expectations that year, the only highlight I remember is dancing around with my shoes off for "take your shoes off for the rams".

I do however expect us to give a team in the third division a game, or better yet to look like we at least had a plan other than "watch
Bolton pass it around for a bit".

The game was even when Wildsmith was unjustly sent off.  
6 points from 3 away games is good 

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The game was even when Wildsmith was unjustly sent off.  
6 points from 3 away games is good 

Wildsmith was sent off on 48 mins. So here are the first half stats. I know you're trying to defend Warne, as per, but what you're saying is easily disproven by anyone who watched the game, or a 2 second search for the stats.

Screenshot_20230904-182416.png

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I genuinely can't tell whether you started this thread out of bedevilment.

As it appears to have had the desired effect

No I genuinely think our expectations as fans are too high with a lot of new players in. 
The referee is a cheat in my eyes no bones about it. 
Desired effect I have no idea what you mean lol unless you are on the bash Paul Warne and the players all the time bandwagon 

Edited by Curtains
Predictive text

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

No I genuinely think our expectations as fans are too high with a lot of new players in. 
The referee is a cheat in my eyes no bones about it. 
Desired effect I have no idea what you mean lol unless you are on the bash Paul Warne and the players all the time bandwagon 

Some of the comments on this thread about which teams we should be beating at home are at the best eye-opening.

I was talking from the opposite end of spectrum which means I thought you made a deliberately contentious post to then provoke the desired response from certain quarters which indeed it has.

I do agree with your premise btw

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Some of the comments on this thread about which teams we should be beating at home are at the best eye-opening.

I was talking from the opposite end of spectrum which means I thought you made a deliberately contentious post to then provoke the desired response from certain quarters which indeed it has.

I do agree with your premise btw

Well the board has been bombarded with negativity lately.

Some justified some not.  
Certain posters want Warne gone and will just keep posting over and over why he should be gone.

Warne has time to turn it around as have the players.  We are literally 4 point off top. 

14 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Well the board has been bombarded with negativity lately.

Some justified some not.  
Certain posters want Warne gone and will just keep posting over and over why he should be gone.

Warne has time to turn it around as have the players.  We are literally 4 point off top. 

Are your expectations too high mate? 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Exactly. 

So @Tamworthram he wasn’t sure was he? 

I wish I lived in a universe where nobody ever makes mistakes. (Before anyone picks me up on this, I’m not saying he didn’t make other mistakes in this game but we are talking about this one specific incident). I imagine he believed at the time that he was sure in his mind.

As I’ve said before, it must happen all the time that referees have to make decisions based on what they believed they saw given they only get one chance to view the incident even though they may be subsequently proved to be wrong. If we’re only going to allow referees to make decisions if they are guaranteed to be right and can never subsequently proved to be wrong with the benefit of slow motion video replays from various angles then we’ll see a significant drop in penalties etc. 

I still think the effect of administration is under estimated.  Not just the obvious impact of relegation but everything behind the scenes.  The club was decimated and needs a rebuild from the bottom up.  This takes time, and money.

We should have expectation of getting out of L1.  But should we expect it quickly?  I recommend watching the documentary “The Fall and Rise of Luton Town”.  After administration and relegation from the EFL it took them 5 years to get back.  Their CEO said they wanted to come straight back but they benefited from it taking longer as the club was ready due to the rebuild required.  I’m sure if you asked their fans back then they’d be frustrated, but I bet now they wouldn’t swap it for anything.

I know there are no guarantees, etc, etc, etc but I’m using this as context for our situation.  Even without administration, Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Ipswich and more have had to be patient.

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

we were lucky to beat peterborough, and incredibly lucky to beat fleetwood at home. Could easily have 6 points less and be in the relegation zone

I think you have your point of view and I have mine .

Who will be right at the end of the day is up for debate .

I know one thing though I very much doubt that Paul Warne will be replaced. 

I would be amazed if he was and some what sad 😞