Tyreece John-Jules - joined on a 6-month loan, extended to end of season

McMuffin

In the few minutes we've seen of him, he hasn't just shown the pace we was expecting, hes showed clinical finishing which is priceless. If he is a free at the end of the season, we need to be doing everything to convince him to stay here. I would rather a young player with some injuries behind him and bags of potential...than an older player with injuries behind them and declining. He is exactly what we need to be looking at when building a team. 

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I believe there is an option to extend if it suits all parties.  

Sorry mate, I've not phrased my question very well. What I should have asked was, do we feel like the three parties would agree? I feel like TJJ is having fun, the lads seem to have taken to him and I feel certain that the club would want to retain him, so might there be any reason Arsenal would recall him?

I'm hoping not as he's been here throughout his injuries and we'll only have had him available for a few games. I'm hoping the fact that he also appears to be prospering under Warne will stand us in good stead too 🤞

25 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Sorry mate, I've not phrased my question very well. What I should have asked was, do we feel like the three parties would agree? I feel like TJJ is having fun, the lads seem to have taken to him and I feel certain that the club would want to retain him, so might there be any reason Arsenal would recall him?

I'm hoping not as he's been here throughout his injuries and we'll only have had him available for a few games. I'm hoping the fact that he also appears to be prospering under Warne will stand us in good stead too 🤞

Unlike the Osula call back where Sheff Utd had limited options, I suspect Arsenal would give very limited, if any, gametime . Gut says they'd prefer him to play so he can build fitness, can be accessed and then they can decide whether they play him at any point in the future or he's getting goals so they can cash in.

I can't see him starting many games due to injury risk if he stays to be honest.  Half an hour stints in matches will keep him fit hopefully and increase his scoring chances against tiring defences.  

On 06/12/2023 at 14:54, Comrade 86 said:

so might there be any reason Arsenal would recall him?

He scores every time he touches the ball?

Nah, hopefully The Arse are too busy concentrating on fighting for the title to worry about JJ. knocking a goal or two in down here. By the time they realise, we'll be showing off the League One Cup and the EFL Trophy in the Market Square.

#B4saysupthearse.

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

He scores every time he touches the ball?

Nah, hopefully The Arse are too busy concentrating on fighting for the title to worry about JJ. knocking a goal or two in down here. By the time they realise, we'll be showing off the League One Cup and the EFL Trophy in the Market Square.

#B4saysupthearse.

Honestly, I think Arsenal have already made their decision. That's why he's down here with us. Nominal fee and a big sell on clause I'd expect.

49 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Honestly, I think Arsenal have already made their decision. That's why he's down here with us. Nominal fee and a big sell on clause I'd expect.

He will be 23 in February and I believe he is out of contract in the summer. Arsenal are done with him, it’s just about him staying fit and earning a contract (hopefully here). 

Arsenal may be able to reconise a good player however they are also astute enough to be able to identify those players whose body may not be able to cope with the physical side of the game, long term, remember Krystian Bielik. TJJ looks to be a good player but his injury record does not appear to be great, if we do want to sign him we do need to take his injury record into account, TJJ is worth a gamble as long as we dont have to pay huge wages and a large transfer fee, when I use the words "Huge and Large" I use those words in the context of our current finacial situation.

3 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Arsenal may be able to reconise a good player however they are also astute enough to be able to identify those players whose body may not be able to cope with the physical side of the game, long term, remember Krystian Bielik. TJJ looks to be a good player but his injury record does not appear to be great, if we do want to sign him we do need to take his injury record into account, TJJ is worth a gamble as long as we dont have to pay huge wages and a large transfer fee, when I use the words "Huge and Large" I use those words in the context of our current finacial situation.

TJJ was in the same youth side as Saka, and look at their careers. As good as I think TJJ is, they’re nowhere near the same level. He’s just not the standard they need for where they’re competing regardless.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

TJJ was in the same youth side as Saka, and look at their careers. As good as I think TJJ is, they’re nowhere near the same level. He’s just not the standard they need for where they’re competing regardless.

Giving TJJ the benefit of the doubt his progress as a footballer may have been hindered by his injury record. Whatever the reason if we decide to sign TJJ we do need to be mindful of his injury record and make an offer to reflect this.

No matter how good a player is, if you can’t play him he is not going to make a difference on the pitch.

I agree that Arsenal probably do want TJJ to find another club I just want the Rams to construct a deal that takes into consideration the risk of TJJs injury record.

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/12/2023 at 14:43, jimbobram said:

In the few minutes we've seen of him, he hasn't just shown the pace we was expecting, hes showed clinical finishing which is priceless. If he is a free at the end of the season, we need to be doing everything to convince him to stay here. I would rather a young player with some injuries behind him and bags of potential...than an older player with injuries behind them and declining. He is exactly what we need to be looking at when building a team. 

Sell on value is important 😊

42 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fairly certain his loan won’t be extended. Unfortunately, he’s a bit of a waste of a place in the squad if he can’t start a football match. We will be looking for replacements I’m sure, hopefully early in the window.

If that's the case is a shame but understandable. I love the quality of his first touch and ball control. We can do with more players in the squad with that level of skill.

52 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fairly certain his loan won’t be extended. Unfortunately, he’s a bit of a waste of a place in the squad if he can’t start a football match. We will be looking for replacements I’m sure, hopefully early in the window.

Actually have a sneaky suspicion we might sign him on a permanent deal on a free (presumably with some future add ons/sell on).

It’ll be interesting to revisit these two posts come the end of January.

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

If that's the case is a shame but understandable. I love the quality of his first touch and ball control. We can do with more players in the squad with that level of skill.

Yeah it’s a real shame for a player with his level of technical ability. Another player whose potential has been ruined by injury - we’ve seen a fair few of them. 

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Actually have a sneaky suspicion we might sign him on a permanent deal on a free (presumably with some future add ons/sell on).

It’ll be interesting to revisit these two posts come the end of January.

Think that was the plan when we originally signed him (hence only a 6 month loan) - but that won’t happen now.

My post was based off some information I was told by someone ITK - that the reason he isn’t starting is because our medical team doesn’t believe he is capable, and aren’t sure when he will be again. Sounds like we think his injury has been mismanaged at previous clubs which is why he’s had his issues here. It’s not impossible we will give him more of a chance to prove his fitness and extend his loan until the end of the season, if the medical team have enough confidence in him, but I think it’s unlikely. Only a gut feeling though.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah it’s a real shame for a player with his level of technical ability. Another player whose potential has been ruined by injury - we’ve seen a fair few of them. 

Worth the gamble if he was free and wages were swayed on appearances