Tyreece John-Jules - joined on a 6-month loan, extended to end of season

McMuffin

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Think that was the plan when we originally signed him (hence only a 6 month loan) - but that won’t happen now.

My post was based off some information I was told by someone ITK - that the reason he isn’t starting is because our medical team doesn’t believe he is capable, and aren’t sure when he will be again. Sounds like we think his injury has been mismanaged at previous clubs which is why he’s had his issues here. It’s not impossible we will give him more of a chance to prove his fitness and extend his loan until the end of the season, if the medical team have enough confidence in him, but I think it’s unlikely. Only a gut feeling though.

Is that someone ITK Paul Warne? He’s essentially said as much over multiple interviews. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Is that someone ITK Paul Warne? He’s essentially said as much over multiple interviews. 

He said about him not being capable of starting a match, but I don’t recall him mentioning his fitness as having been mismanaged by his previous clubs, unless I’ve missed something?

If there are any real doubts about Tyreece John-Jules long term fitness we shouldnt sign him unless on a "pay as you play" contract. He does have the signs of being  a very good striker\finisher but thats of little comfort if he cannot play. 😒

26 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

If there are any real doubts about Tyreece John-Jules long term fitness we shouldnt sign him unless on a "pay as you play" contract. He does have the signs of being  a very good striker\finisher but thats of little comfort if he cannot play. 😒

I can't see any young footballer signing his first contract away from his big parent club on a pay as you play contract. He's just starting out. There will be many games where he doesn't play (although I assume that a pay as you play contract would in reality be a pay as you are available to play contract), he may not even make a few squads. I'm sure that someone would be willing to take a risk on a free transfer. We did it with Bobby Duncan. He came with a good football reputation, but no real experience. John-Jules we have seen play. We know what he is capable of. Treat him correctly and he could be a fantastic signing. I personally, if the money is available, would take the risk.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I can't see any young footballer signing his first contract away from his big parent club on a pay as you play contract. He's just starting out. There will be many games where he doesn't play (although I assume that a pay as you play contract would in reality be a pay as you are available to play contract), he may not even make a few squads. I'm sure that someone would be willing to take a risk on a free transfer. We did it with Bobby Duncan. He came with a good football reputation, but no real experience. John-Jules we have seen play. We know what he is capable of. Treat him correctly and he could be a fantastic signing. I personally, if the money is available, would take the risk.

If he would accept a wage that takes into consideration his injury record then he is perhaps worth small flutter. I don’t think we are in a financial position to take a big gamble on a player, on a decent wage, who has a long injury record. 

If we do want to sign him I think any decision to sign him should take into consideration his medical history. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

12 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Well surely his loan expired yesterday...but he's on the bench again today... so is he staying for the rest of the season???

Dom Dietrich from Radio Derby tweeted yesterday that John-Jules is going to be around for a couple more weeks, it was shared earlier in this thread. No further decision about his future has been communicated by the club 

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Dom Dietrich from Radio Derby tweeted yesterday that John-Jules is going to be around for a couple more weeks, it was shared earlier in this thread. No further decision about his future has been communicated by the club 

I'd suggest by bringing him on so early that his future here has already been decided. 

Slowly bringing him upto the fitness required for professional football, I'd assume a 18 month deal on a free, with a sell on clause included has already been agreed. 

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'd suggest by bringing him on so early that his future here has already been decided. 

Slowly bringing him upto the fitness required for professional football, I'd assume a 18 month deal on a free, with a sell on clause included has already been agreed. 

Hope you're right. He's definitely got a touch of class about him that could make a big difference at this level. He was unlucky not to score today and on a side note the ref gave him no protection at all today when he was being roughed up by their back four. 

22 hours ago, Jase116 said:

Free with a sell on I'd take him, loads of ability,  just need wages to reflect his injury record   definitely would  be useful imho

Wages should have a steady base but be heavily incentivised by appearance fees. 

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne stated in his post-match interview that they want to keep him but it's down to others at the club to negotiate with Arsenal....

Edited by Gaspode