Match Thread: (A) Peterborough United

Rampant

40 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Don't be so petty.

Sport, football, some games you win, some you lose. It's the long term direction of the football club that matters.

If it's cold one day in August, it doesn't mean that climate change isn't happening.

And it's not "hate".

I don't think Warne is the right manager for us. I don't like his tactics. 4-4-2 has somewhat been forced on him. Forsyth introduced him to Waggy.

Nevertheless, of course I want Warne to succeed. Because, if he does then Derby does and we can all rejoice in that.

Let's hope we hear from you the next time we play like we did against Oxford.

Now, quit your jibing and enjoy the win 🐏

Indeed.

On another day our commitment to leaving the defence unprotected and the result at the whim of us simply being more clinical than the other team causes a reverse of today's scoreline.

At the end of this day though, it's a fantastic win, but it doesn't automatically prove people's concerns unfounded or register those who've had/got issues with Warne 'idiots' or any such term.  

All anyone wants is to see the manager learn from past mistakes and show us the reasons he's been successful in the past.

If Warne addresses something that's been called out as a problem and fixes it, brilliant, everyone's happy.

...except not everyone is afforded the opportunity to be happy, because there's always some dick trying to rub any positive result we do have in the face of other people who've had doubts, as if suddenly everything is fixed and everything negative they've said is wrong.

It always escapes their attention that Warne needing to make changes in order to get positive results proves that those who've expressed concerns were actually, probably, right to do so. Warne gets credit, the 'complainers' get treated like second class supporters.

f*** that.

One game can only do so much, but it's a positive sign that we will possibly end up on the right side of these big matches this season. We need to take on board what worked for us today and what didn't and alter our play to suit because we can't always rely on smashing in 4 goals in 16 minutes and an opposition willing to partake in such an open game.

Edited by Kokosnuss

30 minutes ago, Jortat said:

Waggy fantastic.

Thompsons best game for Derby. Great energy and superb positional play. Always an option and out ball .

Rooney is not the part time answer to our RB problem atm until the injured return .

A great result and excellent performance and the two new lads both look very tidy as well . 
Onto next Saturday 🐏

I think we were lucky. Roony got done too many times.

Wags did good. 

11 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Indeed.

On another day our commitment to leaving the defence unprotected and the result at the whim of us simply being more clinical than the other team causes a reverse of today's scoreline.

At the end of this day though, it's a fantastic win, but it doesn't automatically prove people's concerns unfounded or register those who've had/got issues with Warne 'idiots' or any such term.  

All anyone wants is to see the manager learn from past mistakes and show us the reasons he's been successful in the past.

If Warne addresses something that's been called out as a problem and fixes it, brilliant, everyone's happy.

...except not everyone is afforded the opportunity to be happy, because there's always some dick trying to rub any positive result we do have in the face of other people who've had doubts, as if suddenly everything is fixed and everything negative they've said is wrong.

It always escapes their attention that Warne needing to make changes in order to get positive results proves that those who've expressed concerns were actually, probably, right to do so. Warne gets credit, the 'complainers' get treated like second class supporters.

f*** that.

One game can only do so much, but it's a positive sign that we will possibly end up on the right side of these big matches this season. We need to take on board what worked for us today and what didn't and alter our play to suit because we can't always rely on smashing in 4 goals in 16 minutes and an opposition willing to partake in such an open game.

Great post. Sums up my thoughts exactly.

51 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Logged off just after the team was announced, and missed the lot today.

At 17:15 I decided to catch up on here, rather than checking the result first.

Firstly, what an absolutely fantastic result, and a wonderful way to send me off onto the continent tomorrow morning (Not Wagaluf, sadly 😁) with a skip in my stride, and a proud Ram on my chest!
Secondly, what an extremely entertaining read this was.  Encouraging, funny... and completely embarrassing for a few of you!  Blimey, I thought I knew nowt about football, but some of you are an absolute embarrassment!   🤣 

I expect us to be top, or very close to it, by the time I see us in action again.  (Sept 30th will be my next game).

Well done Waggy, Well done Mr Warne, and well done Rams!

... And thankyou fellow forum members, for making this thread rather hilarious in parts!  🐏🍻

Have a lovely holiday - hope you're taking sombrero

50 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Beg to differ, sat outside the Charter, sun’s shining , music is playing, beer is flowing , Chinese restaurant booked,  not even bothered going to the beer festival, oh and Derby won.

The only reason you think it's good is you're leaving there at the end of the day.

Living there for 4 years was grim......

30 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Indeed.

f*** that.

Oh dear. This post just ooozes of pettiness and sour grapes.

Why even use the word "dick"? Any valid points you may have had are instantly diluted by using a classless comment.

I don't read any posters rubbing your nose in it after we win as you quote, you and others don't like Warne and that's your prerogative but why don't you show just a little humility when we do win. 

It doesn't take much honestly. Try it sometime. You may like it. 

21 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Indeed.

f*** that.

Yeah strange game, the last 10 minutes of the first half were freakish but I always seem to associate Darren Fergusons Peterborough as capable of such implosions. More than capable of putting 6 past you but also vulnerable to the same. Only need to look at play offs last season.

I didn't think it was a vintage performance and there are still gaping deficiencies in this team to address if we are to challenge over 46 games. I said after the Wigan game we needed 5 or 6, obviously prior to the injuries, but moreso for quality than making up the numbers. JJ appears to have form on the physio table, so if we lose Collins who will have zero effect from the bench, we still need another two up front and another wing back.

Personally, I try not to let the emotional pendulum of following Derby swing too high either way but it's always sweeter to have a beer after a win with the knowledge its another week before that sense of optimism can be watered down. I suspect it will be silly season now before 11pm Friday with it being a relatively quiet window. Lots of managers being quoted as saying they are in the market still so hopefully we can get in on the right side if that