Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I believe the club must activate contract option within 6 months of a contract running out, or said player can then sign pre contract terms elsewhere.

I'd assume the club must do it by Jan 30th if that's the case, if his contract runs out end of June.  If someone offers  4 million quid like they did in September however, I'd expect Derby to have his taxi booked.  

He is worth more now to us than he was then.  The new TV deal is much more generous and far far far more generous to Championship rather than League One teams.  

If we wouldn't sell in September, we sure as hell wouldn't now.  

55 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

He is worth more now to us than he was then.  The new TV deal is much more generous and far far far more generous to Championship rather than League One teams.  

It's a stick or twist scenario, Has EC been promised a move after the near move in the summer?, Will the "buying" club be prepared to loan him back to us?, EC is more than a capable CH in the championship, But not the EPL...imo...yet, Would you want to keep an unhappy EC if Derby activate the extra year in his contract?

There is a post from someone who noticed EC doing a lap applauding the Derby fans after the Lincoln game...hhmmm, What does this mean...a move or just a long thank you.

The best outcome for me would be a sale and a loan back until the seasons end, Hopefully spend the fee wisely to strengthen the squad and secure a top 2 place 

5 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

It's a stick or twist scenario, Has EC been promised a move after the near move in the summer?, Will the "buying" club be prepared to loan him back to us?, EC is more than a capable CH in the championship, But not the EPL...imo...yet, Would you want to keep an unhappy EC if Derby activate the extra year in his contract?

There is a post from someone who noticed EC doing a lap applauding the Derby fans after the Lincoln game...hhmmm, What does this mean...a move or just a long thank you.

The best outcome for me would be a sale and a loan back until the seasons end, Hopefully spend the fee wisely to strengthen the squad and secure a top 2 place 

I think the difference in money between the two divisions makes twisting the obvious choice here. 

I agree with you on the extra year.  I think it makes it less likely, paradoxically, he stays until end of the season.  No need for loan backs and the like which realistically will lower his price.

I would make an agreement with him that he can leave with blessings, but stay until June. 

7 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

When he seemed to be leaving in first window I mentioned he was out last on pitch and seemed to be saying goodbye and someone replied that he always did that. Have watched him since and he is indeed always about last out on pitch, clapping supporters and seems to be saying goodbye! 

11 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

We did agree to sell though but it just fell through as it was too late

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

We did agree to sell though but it just fell through as it was too late

I believe it was too late to arrange a loan back option or another suitable replacement (hat tip: post match reaction Dominic Dietrich on BBC RD post Lincoln).

Being willing to sell because we can loan him back, or have time to buy someone else, is very different to being willing to sell.  His value to us is greater and the urgency to 'go now' for him is reduced if he can go in a few short months.   

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Middlesbrough’s name always comes up about cashin, if he was to go there would love us to take less money to get Matt Clarke back in return. Only 2 starts this season and been in the bench in nearly every game. Would be immense at this level and only 27 has a good few years left in him.

He's had  terrible back issues and I think I'd rather eat a rats turd than do them any favours.  I suspect any offer we get will be better than them for Cashin and Derby so hopefully a moot point.

20 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Middlesbrough’s name always comes up about cashin, if he was to go there would love us to take less money to get Matt Clarke back in return. Only 2 starts this season and been in the bench in nearly every game. Would be immense at this level and only 27 has a good few years left in him.

He should never go to Middlesbrough.

Just a thought but won't our lads be on some hefty bonuses should they get us promoted? It's looking like they might be wanting to hang around and collect them to me.

And £3 million for Cash? Nah! We get promoted and he'll already be worth double that. I'd hang onto any and all of our good young prospects, if at all feasible. We're going to need them next season in the Championship.

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Just watched the highlights back.

He was immense last night. At both ends of the pitch, covering for Sonny Bradley, scoring a goal, assisting a goal,  getting headers in at both ends, so much energy to get up and down the pitch. Incredible. Worthy MotM.

Watched the Sky highlights, agreed he was immense. Shame the commentator mispronounced his surname as Casheen……