Derby vs Fleetwood - Match Thread

Rampant

24 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Sounds like potentially long term injuries for Bird, Ward and Wilson. Says early on that it’s 2 suspected bone injuries and 1 suspected tendon injury, without specifying which players are which or any timescales as still waiting for full diagnosis.

He did say Ward's was a heel injury after the last game, which would fit with an Achilles tendon injury.  But then again, it looked to me like Bird was struggling with his ankle, so could maybe be the same.  And I got the impression Wilson was more like an ongoing issue they were managing than a new injury, and that would make more sense if it was say tendonitis.  You don't tend to get ongoing broken legs or something.  So yeah, it could be any of them.  Hope that's a valuable insight for everyone 👍.

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

He did say Ward's was a heel injury after the last game, which would fit with an Achilles tendon injury.  But then again, it looked to me like Bird was struggling with his ankle, so could maybe be the same.  And I got the impression Wilson was more like an ongoing issue they were managing than a new injury, and that would make more sense if it was say tendonitis.  You don't tend to get ongoing broken legs or something.  So yeah, it could be any of them.  Hope that's a valuable insight for everyone 👍.

Feel for all three but those injuries could force the changes that end up kick starting our season.

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

OMG what a f*****g surprise. "𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥. 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐛 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞. 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐚𝐬.”

That training kit..... looks like he's just removed his Batman mask

Thin Warne is verging on delusional if he thought we were close to winning any of the three home games.

More importantly for this match, no Wilson, Ward or Bird does put us in a bit of a bind.

I don't believe that 3 at the back is causing our problems, you can play that formation and be succesful many have.

So with that is mind I think our options are:

1. Persist with 3 atb and play NML out there

2. Go to a back 4 with Rooney at right back

I'd probably favour the latter as losing NML up front would remove our last shred of dynamism.

WIldsmith

Rooney Fozzy Cashin Elder

Smith Thompson

NML Hourihane Waggy

Collins

21 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Thin Warne is verging on delusional if he thought we were close to winning any of the three home games.

More importantly for this match, no Wilson, Ward or Bird does put us in a bit of a bind.

I don't believe that 3 at the back is causing our problems, you can play that formation and be succesful many have.

So with that is mind I think our options are:

1. Persist with 3 atb and play NML out there

2. Go to a back 4 with Rooney at right back

I'd probably favour the latter as losing NML up front would remove our last shred of dynamism.

WIldsmith

Rooney Fozzy Cashin Elder

Smith Thompson

NML Hourihane Waggy

Collins

Of all the players to get injured, three of the ones pre-bus pass age isn't ideal.

3 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

I don't believe a midfield three of Bird, Hourihane and Smith works. Not enough energy. Assuming Sibley is not fit enough to start I would bring Thompson into midfield and leave out Bird (there may be an element of fait accompli about this if Bird is injured).

What difference will it make if the only tactic is to get the ball down the line ?

5 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think we can play our part. When we were relegated a lot of the postive results were down to the crowd, you were all magnificent. 

This is just such a match, our reputation is on the line, people are looking and making comments. 

Lets show them, lets show them we are Derby County, get behind them and make it sound like a hostile fortress. Make sure that Fleetwood know they have walked into a bear pit.

no boos just signing and loud

We are going to win this one and win it well

It's that age old chicken and egg situation though.  Maybe the all-round positivity in the stands was down to the gutsy performances on the pitch, not the other way around?  I guess we'll never know the true answer.

I'm all for backing the players, and as always, I'll be there tomorrow encouraging them to start well, with globules of positivity oozing from my every pore... but we all know the majority of us (Not all, obvs) slump back into our seats when things ain't going well on the pitch.  It's very much a two way street.
I've already reverted to dashing out from my aisle-side seat on the final whistle.  It wasn't that long ago that I felt compelled to stay behind and applaud each and every player off the pitch, before heading out (And rightly so, as it was most justified!).

We need that old "Three Musketeers" mantra back.  And the sooner the better!

🐏

22 hours ago, David said:

Even with 21k sold, that is not an insignificant number of individual match ticket sales on top.

History shows, attendances drop when fans are unhappy.

Now there is a huge difference being unhappy on the day with the performance, booing at half time and Full time to the general day to day mood where fans question, do I bother getting a ticket for the next game.

Around 2,500 home match day tickets sold at the moment.

Probably close to another 1,000 between now and kickoff.

12 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Wildsmith 

Wilson Fozzy Cashin Elder

Smith Thompson 

Sibley 

Waghorn Collins NML

Obviously depends if Sibley is fit.

and if Warne ever decides to play Sibley where he is at his best, and for a fair number of games.