Derby vs Fleetwood - Match Thread

Rampant

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not disagreeing eith you, but Warne won't drop Smith or Hourihane with Bird also unavailable. He doesn't trust Thompson enough, nevermind DRobinson or Radcliffe.

Thompson played well in the cup, with Smith having a stinker against Burton (5 second half touches, giving the ball away 4 times), and he still started Smith in the following game, and then only brought Thompson on at wing back. If Thompson can't get in at CM after all that, what makes you think he'll drop Smith now?

I actually think Smith and Thompson might work quite well together. Smith is a wily bird who can hold a position and play a simple pass (usually!)

Thompson is far busier and whilst he doesn’t always get it right, seems more positive in intent this season.

Hourihane will continue to stroll around like a dad in a kid’s game, waiting for the next set piece.

It’s the area of most concern to me. Today we may end up with Smith, Hourihane and Thompson, but hopefully with Sibley back on the bench. I think we need two new midfielders because the current crop will struggle to dominate in this league.

On 17/08/2023 at 15:05, r4derby said:

Just to play devils advocate - you’ve suggested a central player at RB, a former left back at CB, a wing back at full back and a forward on the left wing! Not exactly all round pegs, more hexagonal pegs that fit in the round holes but not perfectly. But then again, maybe that’s the best we can hope for!

Ok, to split hairs..Rooney is a defender..right backs are defenders!

Forsyth played most of last season as a CB..and did very well.

Elder has always been a left back, not a LWB.

Waghorn has played most of the last few years either wide or as a second striker...

My round pegs fit pretty well ta..just Sibley who isn't quite fit yet..

12 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

We won’t lose today. I have a feeling they will be even worse than us. There are so many atrocious teams in this league we will keep picking up wins. I am very confident he will play 4 at the back so no need to worry everyone. 

They weren't last season..they did a number on us!

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is Warne. After losing Bird, he isn't going to drop another senior first team member for someone else he doesn't trust.

Oh yeah, I’m fully aware of that. That’s why Brown was scoring last night instead of today. 

5 minutes ago, BLB said:

Can’t wait for the meltdown at 2pm when NML is playing RWB and he’s not changed formation….

I don’t think he will change formation. He’s wanted 3 at the back from day 1 and will persist with it, whether we have the right players for it or not 😬

50 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Really worried that if we start badly that it'll get a bit toxic and the away side will love that. We badly need our home form to be really solid but big home crowds seem almost more of a hindrance that a help when you are struggling like we are.

Yeah i agree! I dont like the boos 4 games in ffs! Theres new players, different formation! Itll take a few games to get the match fitness and to gel! 

Last few seasons its been us against the world! F@ck the EFL and all that! This season seems to be all that frustration is being pointed back at the team rather than at the EFL! When they werent playing well, last season, the fans got behind them and we sang the 21 points song and the players rallied! Now its just starting to turn toxic!

We need our home form and these new signings will have been thinking pp is a fortress cant wait to play infront of a big crowd! Bet they didnt expect to get bood after a couple of games tho 🙄

I know weve payed a lot of money, i know its frustrating getting out played by teams we think we should be beating but ffs its 4 games in! Lets get behind warne and the players, i mean what did we really expect this season! You take didzy out and where do the goals come from? End of last season he was the only one scoring!

Score prediction: 0-2 fleetwood 😆 only joking! Scrappy 1-0 derby!

Up the Rams 🐏🐏

59 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Really worried that if we start badly that it'll get a bit toxic and the away side will love that. We badly need our home form to be really solid but big home crowds seem almost more of a hindrance that a help when you are struggling like we are.

Warne has been very vocal that he's brought in players with the minerals to play in front  of a large crowd and all that entails.  He's even passed on some players he liked as he wasn't sure that had the right character.  That being the case, it shouldn't bother performance and they should raise their game rather than curl back into a shell.

Either that or Warnes talking bollox.