Derby vs Fleetwood - Match Thread

Rampant

29 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Currently 3813 "home" seats left for sale which should give us another 25K to 26k gate.

Which given the start to the season is hugely impressive, would it be fair to suggest the wider fanbase has not lost all patience yet with the manager?

Just seems wild to me that with all this discontent and to be fair, much of it is deserved as we have been crap, we're still close to capacity crowd for Fleetwood, who no disrespect are not the level of opposition that has seen capacity crowds in recent seasons. 

2 hours ago, ziggazagga said:

This match last season was the start of the red flags for me. Warne took the players to Cheltenham races for some team bonding FFS, three days previously, turned up against Fleetwood thinking they already had 3 points. Went into half time 0-1 spent the first 15 minutes of the second half with the gang of three discussing subs that should have been made at halftime, whilst they were pissing around Fleetwood scored another. And then the usual panic, make 5 subs. I said to my son at the time he hasn't got a plan B and nothing has changed to this day. The gang of three cannot see the game unfolding and do not react, I suggest they study weigman and the lionesses to understand impact substitutions. Bird will go to Bristol city and cashin to Brighton and why wouldn't they, how are they going to develop as top class footballers with warnes brand of hoofball. We know they are better than that 

Cant disagree

3 minutes ago, David said:

Which given the start to the season is hugely impressive, would it be fair to suggest the wider fanbase has not lost all patience yet with the manager?

Just seems wild to me that with all this discontent and to be fair, much of it is deserved as we have been crap, we're still close to capacity crowd for Fleetwood, who no disrespect are not the level of opposition that has seen capacity crowds in recent seasons. 

As we have sold 21k+ season tickets, we will do ok for crowds this season. Were you at the Blackpool and/or Oxford games? The dissatisfaction is pretty widespread from what i saw

2 minutes ago, David said:

To be fair, I'd imagine most realised Warne won't hear their boos nearly half as loud from watching on Rams TV so purchased a ticket. I hear the Hobby Craft on Kings Way have recorded record sales ahead of the game - big sales include huge flags and the letters 'A, E, O, U, W, R, N, T'.

Probably unrelated. 

9 minutes ago, sage said:

As we have sold 21k+ season tickets, we will do ok for crowds this season. Were you at the Blackpool and/or Oxford games? The dissatisfaction is pretty widespread from what i saw

Even with 21k sold, that is not an insignificant number of individual match ticket sales on top.

History shows, attendances drop when fans are unhappy.

Now there is a huge difference being unhappy on the day with the performance, booing at half time and Full time to the general day to day mood where fans question, do I bother getting a ticket for the next game.

17 hours ago, valakari said:

Try: Round pegs in round holes!

Wildsmith

Rooney   Forsyth    Cashin      Elder

Thompson Hourihane

NML              Sibley            Waghorn

Collins

Just to play devils advocate - you’ve suggested a central player at RB, a former left back at CB, a wing back at full back and a forward on the left wing! Not exactly all round pegs, more hexagonal pegs that fit in the round holes but not perfectly. But then again, maybe that’s the best we can hope for!

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

To be fair, I'd imagine most realised Warne won't hear their boos nearly half as loud from watching on Rams TV so purchased a ticket. I hear the Hobby Craft on Kings Way have recorded record sales ahead of the game - big sales include huge flags and the letters 'A, E, O, U, W, R, N, T'.

Probably unrelated. 

To be fair also, we're yet to have our first official 'Warne Out' thread yet, quite a few grumbling and skirting around the issue, yet nobody has been brave enough to go full get him out right now. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

To be fair also, we're yet to have our first official 'Warne Out' thread yet, quite a few grumbling and skirting around the issue, yet nobody has been brave enough to go full get him out right now. 

that will change 5pm Saturday if the performance and/or result doesn't improve

Just now, sage said:

that will change 5pm Saturday if the performance and/or result doesn't improve

Quite possibly, we are on the edge. I'm sure you will be in agreement with me that I seriously hope that is not the case and we see a similar performance to that against Burton in the second half as a stepping stone to getting the season going.

They haven't had the best of starts to the season either, just feels like a great opportunity to right the wrongs on the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Quite possibly, we are on the edge. I'm sure you will be in agreement with me that I seriously hope that is not the case and we see a similar performance to that against Burton in the second half as a stepping stone to getting the season going.

They haven't had the best of starts to the season either, just feels like a great opportunity to right the wrongs on the pitch. 

I have hope but little expectation. There are too many things wrong to even dream about top 6.  

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

whats collins done to stay in the team ?

and what makes you think he could play as an attacking mid?

Scored Saturday, had very little service Tuesday to be fair. Warne said he had played in the 10 position before, think Warne also said he played there when Waghorn and Washington came on against Burton? If everyone fit he wouldn’t start for me but Sibley and Bart aren’t fit.

1 hour ago, DCFC1976 said:

Scored Saturday, had very little service Tuesday to be fair. Warne said he had played in the 10 position before, think Warne also said he played there when Waghorn and Washington came on against Burton? If everyone fit he wouldn’t start for me but Sibley and Bart aren’t fit.

but he doesn't move and i'm not sure i've ever seen him make more than a 5 yard pass before

Wildsmith 

Wilson Nelson Cash Fozzy 

Rooney

Hourihane Smith 

Waghorn Collins NML 

Ward, Bird, Barkhuizen in 

Wilson, Smith, Waghorn to the bench 

when all fit. 

it isn’t a top 2 side, not close, but it should be beating enough teams to be pushing for top 6.