Derby vs Fleetwood - Match Thread

Rampant

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Looksike a 433, be interesting to see who is RB and who is CM between Smith & Rooney

Unless its 352 still with NML at RWB

That's what I think it is - am surprised so many think it'll be 4 at the back. I'm not expecting Warne to change his system but we shall see.

I think it's

Wildsmith

Rooney       Nelson      Cashin

NML             Smith              Hourihane            Forsyth

Thompson

Waghorn          Washington

3 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

There’s only one natural wide player in that first 11, in NML. I bet Warne is desperate for Sibs or Barks back fit to give him more options there. Also find it strange that Elder didn’t get the nod over Fozzy at LB. Fozzy more defensively reliable, I guess?

On the evidence so far, Fozzy is the better player.

Hope Elder does more when he’s fitter but at present he isn’t wowing in either defence or attack.

I think Thompson and Smith will anchor midfield with Hourihane playing quite wide on the left to put crosses in and NML on the right. I hope W and W play in and around the box. They shouldn’t have to come as deep as Collins does to get the ball, especially at home.

5 hours ago, valakari said:

Ok, to split hairs..Rooney is a defender..right backs are defenders!

Forsyth played most of last season as a CB..and did very well.

Elder has always been a left back, not a LWB.

Waghorn has played most of the last few years either wide or as a second striker...

My round pegs fit pretty well ta..just Sibley who isn't quite fit yet..

No worries mate. As I said, was just putting it across that the pegs aren’t perfectly circular. Best we can do at the minute though

We still look short of pace in defence and midfield.

The balance looks better but the individual players are not as good.

Fleetwood aren't great so I think we will edge it without convincing anyone (ok some of us.

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I expected that any liabilities to other clubs were wiped out when we went into administration, that we wouldn't still be under some restrictions agreed with the EFL and that we'd be paying modest transfer fees for players from our budget without having to sell first.

Clearly none of the above have happened.

Yeah i was expecting the same tbh! Not sure why we havent seemed to attracted more "quality" players in this window! It can only be, either warne isnt liking them players, clowes wont spend silly money or other clubs are willing to spend more! I reckon Clowes is trying to do it properly! He doesnt want to spend big on transfer fees and wages! Hes clearly a good bussiness man but the money in the football business is crazy! Its a tough one because teams who spend big usually do well! The other option is bringing through the youth but weve had a sale on our decent youngsters! 

Personally im not sure why weve been made one of the favourites for promotion! Weve lost key players and havent really replaced them! Theres still time in the transfer window though! 

It depends what people want though! Im happy to come to the game, have a few beers and watch football! I aint mega fussed about getting promoted as long as we dont go backwards too much! 

The games gone really! We'll never win the premier league because of all the money! 

Id be happy this season with a play off push and maybe a decent fa cup run! 

I understand ever fan has different ideas of what they want to watch! But i think booing is counter productive no matter what! They know there playing sh@t lol they need the fans to get behind them! All booing does is add pressure and give the away team/fans some extra confidence to turn us over! All away teams will come here, say hold them for so long the fans will turn, the players will get nervous feel the pressure and eventually fold! But everyones entilted to there opinion and boo if you want! I just dont agree with it!

Up the Rams 🐏🥳